Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 50631 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #285 on: April 27, 2011, 07:28:39 pm »
Quote from: leith;268497
the best NBA Head Coach ever.

Whaaaat?  Whaaaaaat???   Really now.  Really.  
He\'s definitely in the top 3 of all time.  
Even #2.  
But over Red Auerbach??  

Jackson definitely has the best record of current NBA Coaches.  
But claiming he\'s the best ever?!?!?!

Red arguably was the greatest contributor to the game of basketball since Dr. James Naismith.

Quote from: leith;268497
you 2 really make me realize how much I hate the celts and it will be nice to have another year of talking shit

i really hope they meet again.  
and when the c\'s win, i can\'t wait to rub it in your face =P
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 07:28:39 pm by SkyePrizm »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #286 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:41 pm »
Ha who has more rings than that cigar chomping asshole?
Phil Jackson.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #287 on: April 28, 2011, 12:30:07 am »
Sooo after Durantula just took shit over he definitely pounded his chest and said "This is my mo fuggin team!" I love it, cuz Westbrook was rrrreally getting on my nerves with his dumb ass forced shots for a second straight game down the stretch. Durant is an animal and so clutch, recognize Russell.

Another great night in the NBA Playoffs. Can\'t fucking believe San Antonio pulled that off.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #288 on: April 28, 2011, 12:16:15 pm »
I think a mediator is needed here. The fact of the matter is the Lakers should make it to the finals given the talen on their team. There\'s no team that can match up with Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. That is a stacked team, yet they are more than likely going to go 7 games with the hornets. I wouldnt give up on the spurs yet either, that was some crazy shit they pulled last night momentum couldve swung directly toward their side. My pick however is the Dallas Mavericks winning the ring out of left field. Sure its taking awhile agaisnt the blazers but thats a tough team. The thunder wont be playing the lakers, the mavs will according to the seeds. As for the east, I\'m a die hard Knicks fan and there is no way the Celtics don\'t make it back. Mavs win the finals in 6 games

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #289 on: April 28, 2011, 12:42:20 pm »
heh.  you\'re funny.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #290 on: April 28, 2011, 01:27:45 pm »
Quote from: phish4breakfast;268538
I think a mediator is needed here. The fact of the matter is the Lakers should make it to the finals given the talen on their team. There\'s no team that can match up with Odom, Gasol, and Bynum. That is a stacked team, yet they are more than likely going to go 7 games with the hornets. I wouldnt give up on the spurs yet either, that was some crazy shit they pulled last night momentum couldve swung directly toward their side. My pick however is the Dallas Mavericks winning the ring out of left field. Sure its taking awhile agaisnt the blazers but thats a tough team. The thunder wont be playing the lakers, the mavs will according to the seeds. As for the east, I\'m a die hard Knicks fan and there is no way the Celtics don\'t make it back. Mavs win the finals in 6 games

Wow. I\'d really hate to not give a flying fuck about the NBA Finals this year.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #291 on: April 28, 2011, 01:33:38 pm »
Mavs win the finals in 6 games

you\'re kidding, right?

I think the entire league would have to collapse for that to happen.  Even if the Mavs made it from the west, the celtics can beat the mavs. the bulls can beat the mavs.  the heat (those effin cry babies) can beat the Mavs.  

As much as it pains me to type this, the Lakers are more likely to win it in 6 than the Mavs.

As for the east, I\'m a die hard Knicks fan and there is no way the Celtics don\'t make it back.

You watched that series where the C\'s swept your team, right?
Especially those last 2 games??
Cause that\'s a team going to the finals unless they completely give up from here on out.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:33:38 pm by SkyePrizm »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
« Reply #292 on: April 28, 2011, 02:01:00 pm »
Ummm, pretty sure that\'s what he\'s saying.

leith

« Reply #293 on: April 28, 2011, 02:14:05 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;268566

you\'re kidding, right?

I think the entire league would have to collapse for that to happen.  Even if the Mavs made it from the west, the celtics can beat the mavs. the bulls can beat the mavs.  the heat (those effin cry babies) can beat the Mavs.  

As much as it pains me to type this, the Lakers are more likely to win it in 6 than the Mavs.

As for the east, I\'m a die hard Knicks fan and there is no way the Celtics don\'t make it back.

Cause that\'s a team going to the finals unless they completely give up from here on out.

Ur basing them going to The Finals on that performance? Crushing a team in disarray with Amare at like 20%? Yeah run with that.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #294 on: April 28, 2011, 02:20:04 pm »
Quote from: leith;268570
Quote from: SkyePrizm;268566

you\'re kidding, right?

Ur basing them going to The Finals on that performance? Crushing a team in disarray with Amare at like 20%? Yeah run with that.

leith, on that whole convo, that\'s what you notice! ;)    
I can\'t believe you have no argument against the Mavs in 6.

Yes, I am basing them going to the finals on that performance.  Those last 2 games vs the Knicks was the first time since the Perkins trade I saw the Celtics be the Celtics.  And Amare was not at 20%....it was more like 80%.   He needs to suck it up, those old men celtics play in pain all day with their old arthritic bones.  =P  

And btw, didn\'t the lakers win in game 7 when the celtics were only 80%??  

I am still sticking to my a "East Team Wins it all".   Celtics, Bulls, Heat.  
Its whoever comes out of the east.

but in any case, go celtics!  can\'t wait for this series with the heat to get started!

phish4breakfast

• Spreading Chrimbus Cheer
« Reply #295 on: April 28, 2011, 03:29:23 pm »
Laugh all you want guys, the mavericks have the deepest team in the NBA no questions asked. They are going to show how old and unenthusiatic the lakers are this year next week.

I can safely say I was extremely dissappointed with the Knicks, if anyone was going to beat the celtics in the east it would\'ve been them, and they came damn close in Boston twice ( I was at game two FUCKKKK)

The Celtics have so many legit veteran options its scary. The Heat has an immense amount of talent but are not ready quite yet, and the Pacers just showed how a mediocre team can hang with the Bulls, a superior team should have their way with them.

Back to Mavs, you won\'t be laughing when their 3rd team off the bench is schooling rondo and ray-ray. Say hello to JJ barea and Rodrigue Beaubois. Maybe if Perkins was still on the team but Tyson Chandler will EAT UP Nenad Kristic and Jermaine O\'Neal. The only chance the Celts have in beating a team from the west is a strong, healthy, energetic Shaq... good luck with that

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #296 on: April 28, 2011, 04:02:10 pm »
LOL, the Mavericks have had depth for the past 8 years and see how they\'ve done in the playoffs all those times, outside of the one magical year they lost to the Heat in the finals, they usually lose to a 7 or 8 seed right away.

the Pacers albeit had a shitty record, but are a group of young studs who are gonna only get better with time.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 04:02:10 pm by Igziabeher »

leith

« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2011, 04:33:31 am »
OK now the playoffs actually start for Lakers fans.
 It\'s funny how much celt fan here cared abt the first round when their team swept a team barely over .500.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2011, 05:06:16 am »
a sweep is a sweep.  the bulls didn\'t sweep the #8 seed and the heat didn\'t sweep the #7 seed.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2011, 05:07:52 am »
a sweep is a sweep.  the bulls didn\'t sweep the #8 seed and the heat didn\'t sweep the #7 seed.