Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 50600 times)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2011, 02:31:55 pm »
if anybody wins the title this year that isn\'t the lakers, i\'ll be happy to just have leith shut up for a few months.  that being said, the playoffs is no sprint, and a lot of things change during the season after the season.  take the celtics last year for example(nobody had them in the finals but they went on to beat orlando and the cavs).  the celts are grinders and this playoffs will be a grind with the bulls, heat, magic, atlanta and the lolknicks looking to make a name for themselves.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2011, 12:12:39 pm »
something to ponder for you celtics doubters.  they might look like shit now, but consider the facts:

Any playoff series favors the Celtics.  Granted some teams might be playing better right now, but the Celtics have played  11 playoff series in the past 3 years.  have only lost 2 of those series and it took 7 games to beat them both times.  They never lost more than 2 games in a row all year and they play their worst on the second night of back to back games which they don\'t have to worry about in the playoffs.  Anyone who doesn\'t think the Celtics are still a viable threat to win it all are sadly mistaken.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:46 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;267874
something to ponder for you celtics doubters.  they might look like shit now, but consider the facts:

Any playoff series favors the Celtics.  Granted some teams might be playing better right now, but the Celtics have played  11 playoff series in the past 3 years.  have only lost 2 of those series and it took 7 games to beat them both times.  They never lost more than 2 games in a row all year and they play their worst on the second night of back to back games which they don\'t have to worry about in the playoffs.  Anyone who doesn\'t think the Celtics are still a viable threat to win it all are sadly mistaken.

but in those playoff games, they had a viable center.  did they not?

if shaq is even back, how long will he last?  That is where my doubt is.  I have no doubt they can make it to the eastern conference finals with hard work and determination, but I don\'t know if they can get past that bulls team with no one in the middle rebounding, blocking shocks, etc.

Oh. and in good news, Lakers were on a five game losing streak before the playoffs.  that is something to brighten the day.   :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 12:20:46 pm by SkyePrizm »

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »
All I know is the playoffs are going to be fucking great to watch. So many possibilities at this point. I\'m nervous as shit cuz the Bulls can legitimately do this, but doubt creeps in because things feel like they\'re happening too fast and Rose is almost too important to our success. I love our depth, might be our strongest suit coupled with defense. And as far as size goes the East is small in general. Round 2 should bring Orlando to town and Howard freaks me out when it comes to Rose\'s game. I\'d say Howard is Rose\'s biggest obstacle in the league and he could single-handedly throw our offense into disarray.

I agree Igzy, no way you can count Boston out. They\'re still so fuckin clutch and bring the all-star experienced thickness. I just have this vision of Garnett hitting 100% of his 4th qtr 18 footers, Allen dropping catch and shoot bombs, and Baby D pulling his chubby jumpers late when he shouldn\'t. At this point Miami scares me more than anyone though. Once upon a time D-Wade took over the playoffs when he wasn\'t supposed to. Sure he had Shaq but now he\'s got bitch-face LeBron. As much as I hate the Heat, they\'re filthy good. So fast and athletic. I just hope the pressure builds too much and they mistakenly continue to give LeBron the last shot.

I still think LA is taking the West. Should be some solid battles but 7 games is too much for  any team to take drain the Lake. They\'re too big, too experienced, and KB just isn\'t ready to lose.

One upset I\'d like to lock in right now--Memphis over Dallas. Mavs will continue to under-achieve and the Grizzlies are crazy young, athletic, and hungry. Love watching Memphis. A Memphis-OKC matchup would be an absolute highlight reel, but unless OKC takes that 3rd spot shit aint gonna happen.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2011, 09:50:03 pm »
Watching the Bulls is fun. Once The Lakers get past the 1st round and Phil really starts to coach I\'ll relax a bit more. I keep getting giddy thinking of the Lakers/Bulls.
The only thing stopping that is The Lakers and maybe the Heat. I really don\'t want to see the Heat the way they handled The Lakers and it wasn\'t pretty what they just did to the celts.
I give Spoelstra mad credit in keeping that team in it and actually finding a way to get them to the monster they have shown they can be. I didn\'t think they would get it together in time for this year and they still have to put together a good stretch in the playoffs but damn they scare me more than the old beat celtics.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #230 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:49 pm »
Kobe Bryant, Real American Hero

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2011, 09:53:10 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268038
Kobe Bryant, Real American Hero

i think it\'s way overblown. slow news cycle...kobe picked the wrong week to do something like this. but frankly, i\'m not bothered by this. i said "faggot" twice under my breath today - fact
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2011, 09:56:18 pm »
rotfl
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2011, 11:05:14 pm »
you\'re not a public figure with a history of poor choices.

leith

« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2011, 11:59:16 pm »
Whatever. How many times are these things said
and NOT caught on camera? Every game. No big
deal. He\'ll appeal and lose 100K wow lots of cash
for him. This is a non story as was said slow news day.
GO LAKERS!!!!!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #235 on: April 14, 2011, 12:33:29 am »
hey if you don\'t mind your hero being a homophobic rapist, more power to ya.  i guess if you got game, people can overlook such things.

leith

« Reply #236 on: April 14, 2011, 01:17:09 am »
Yeah alleged rape and you are assuming homophobic.
I asked a few friends of mine who are both gay and
Lakers fans what they thought and not one of them was
offended. Yeah they thought it was probably a mistake
but no one burned their Kobe jersey.
Ask any NBA player and they\'ll tell you they hear the
same or worse night in night out I\'m sure.

Oh and while watching the last game of the season against The Lakers hated rivals The Sacto Queens. Not one mention of it from the announcers and as Kobe took OT over only accolades were heard and this is from the Opposing teams announcers.
So yeah I guess when you have as much game as Kobe you can do things others can\'t.
Good for him.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 01:17:09 am by leith »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2011, 07:36:11 am »
i wonder: is calling somebody a faggot worse than calling somebody (with alopecia) a cancer patient?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #238 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:20 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;268064
hey if you don\'t mind your hero being a homophobic rapist, more power to ya.  i guess if you got game, people can overlook such things.

He\'s not a \'homophobic rapist\', he\'s a \'homophobic and rapist\'. Let\'s not make this same mistake again...

On an NBA related note, way to finish strong and lose to the Cavs on the road Wizards. Lots of talent in the draft so hopefully they can get another high pick again.
Smell my mule.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #239 on: April 14, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;268067
i wonder: is calling somebody a faggot worse than calling somebody (with alopecia) a cancer patient?

probably not, but i think one is funnier than the other.