Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 53680 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2011, 01:13:05 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;267271
i know this is looking way ahead but im starting to pay close attention to bulls vs. lakers records. spurs aint running the west, so im just hoping the bulls finish higher than the west 2-seed.

dont jump all over me, i know its a long road to get there. but hey, why not?

Bulls.

Don\'t bother with that. The Lakers are the 2nd best road team in the League behind Dallas. It doesn\'t matter who has homecourt in the Finals. Lakers Roll.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #211 on: March 29, 2011, 03:13:46 am »
And the Bulls have the 2nd best home record in the league.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #212 on: March 29, 2011, 12:35:13 pm »
Okay, what\'s going on with the Celtics??  I leave for one week and its a complete disaster over there.  (I couldn\'t tear myself away from the beach except for UCONN games...) So, on the plane home, watching sports center last night, I caught up and  I almost had a mini heart attack about the celtics watching highlights.  

2 Games behind the Bulls, tied for second with those cry babies... the miami heat??  Geez, something has to happen over there.  Some fire has to get lit.   I heard after the Indiana game, it was the first time Ray Allen snuck out and didn\'t talk to the media.  First time EVER.  That says something.  He\'s a classy guy--- always well spoken and has something thoughtful to say.  Silence speaks loudly.

leith

« Reply #213 on: March 29, 2011, 05:00:11 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;267286
And the Bulls have the 2nd best home record in the league.

Great so The Bulls will one game at home. That will be nice for you.
Quote from: SkyePrizm;267299
Okay, what\'s going on with the Celtics??  I leave for one week and its a complete disaster over there.  (I couldn\'t tear myself away from the beach except for UCONN games...) So, on the plane home, watching sports center last night, I caught up and  I almost had a mini heart attack about the celtics watching highlights.  

2 Games behind the Bulls, tied for second with those cry babies... the miami heat??  Geez, something has to happen over there.  Some fire has to get lit.   I heard after the Indiana game, it was the first time Ray Allen snuck out and didn\'t talk to the media.  First time EVER.  That says something.  He\'s a classy guy--- always well spoken and has something thoughtful to say.  Silence speaks loudly.

Gonna drop to the 3rd spot after tonight falling behind Miami. the celts are in free fall just like last year just before the playoffs yet they made it to the Finals last year so maybe no worries? Oh wait they lost Perkins and have no real bigs to fill up the post and the Bulls are waaaay better this year. yeah time to panic celt fan. :)

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #214 on: March 29, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »
Quote from: leith;267310
yeah time to panic celt fan. :)

Panic hasn\'t set in......fully...yet.  ;)  If we drop past third place in the east.....well.... that could do it.  But i have faith they can make it to the eastern conference finals (vs the bulls- let\'s face it, thats going to be the matchup).

leith

« Reply #215 on: March 29, 2011, 10:51:32 pm »
Fuckin\' Heat. On the one hand I\'m glad Cleveland got one after LeBron destroyed them the last time but on the other damn it come on bury the celts already! Now Thurs. I\'m screwed again. I\'ll be damned I root for the celts but it is the spurs they\'re playing.
GO LAKERS!!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #216 on: March 31, 2011, 10:48:42 pm »
Personally, after watching that Spurs-Celtics game, I find the Spurs highly overrated.

Something got into Rondo tonight, and whatever it was, I hope it stays.  He was shooting jumpers.  He was doing just about everything on the floor.  The Celtics depend on Rondo having great games with assists.  But when he actually gets a shooting game together like he did tonight, wow.    Sort of concerned about Nenad.  I mean, if he\'s out. out for good. We need both O\'Neals.  Its just a fact.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2011, 10:02:43 am »
celts aint looking so hot
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2011, 10:49:12 am »
Celtics in the third place in the East.  Not too happy about this.

big game vs the Bulls on Thursday.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2011, 11:54:28 am »
Celtics vs Bulls tonight.   This game is a huge preview to the eastern conference playoffs.  Should be a highly interesting and entertaining game to watch...

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2011, 02:25:07 pm »
And guess whos got sick seats son?! I\'m fuckin jacked right now, havent been this excited for any game in any sport in a long time. Bulls win basically clinches top seed.

Just hope I\'ll be eating my Big Mac around 10pm.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2011, 05:10:25 pm »
I am so jealous. That is one huge game to be at!

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2011, 10:36:49 pm »
enjoy watching the celtics take the season series.

Boston has it on autopilot.  although Bulls are looking strong.  we\'ll have to settle the season split in the Eastern Conference Finals.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 10:36:49 pm by Igziabeher »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2011, 10:43:12 am »
that was an awful awful celtics game last night.  i am sorry, i can\'t be "happy" they split the series with the bulls.   there is no happiness in that game last night.  

celtics literally have no one in the middle to a) rebound b) block c) do anything in regards to playing in the paint.   I have decided Krstic is a waste of space.  

Bulls found a way to shut out Ray Allen\'s 3 game entirely, and he was forced to drive to the basket...which is not his game.

Rondo needs to get some jump shot going. He needs to practice free throws. That\'s it.  He has to.  He needs to become a threat of some sort.  Otherwise, this is what happens, teams leave him all open with the ball, and he has no one to pass to. Because we know and they know he can\'t make a shot.  He\'ll drive to the basket.  Get fouled.  And then miss his free throws.  SOOO FRUSTRATING.  And I do adore him too.  So this what makes this criticism even harder.

At one point in that second half, Celtics were shooting 29% from the floor.  ?!?!?!  That is not NBA Championship Caliber of Play. Sorry.   I hate to be the one to speak the truth here, but its not. They need some big changes.  This new line up of misfit players does not gel with Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, and Allen.  Its obvious and painful to see.  Something\'s gotta give.

First half of the season, I had no doubt they would make it to the NBA finals.   Now, after the All-Star break with all this tinkering and toying with the chemistry and dynamics of this team, I have no doubt they will be LUCKY if they make it past the Eastern Conference finals.   Bulls are going to be a tough team to beat in a series.  A series where they have home court.

Another big game for the C\'s on Sunday....vs Miami.  I am really hoping for a better showing.

Quote from: Igziabeher;267687
enjoy watching the celtics take the season series.

bulls and celtics split the series.    bulls won BOTH games at home.  (and now they have home court advantage).    One of the celtics wins was actually in OT and could have gone the other way.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 10:43:12 am by SkyePrizm »

leith

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2011, 02:09:47 pm »
Bulls manhandled the celts. Finals=Bulls vs Lakers
Bet it.