Author Topic: 2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.  (Read 50525 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
2010-11 NBA Thread aka Shit Talk Central.
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2011, 04:29:17 am »
watching tonight\'s celtics game... i am still not in love with the new guys.  Jeff Green is growing on me though.  

but wtf is up with the miami heat?? Choking in the 4th quarter again! Crying in the locker room after the bulls beat them.  
And, I am still sticking to my Bulls-Celtics Eastern Conference Final Pick, btw.   I feel like the bulls keep getting better as we inch closer to the playoffs.

Quote from: leith;266435
Oh and after watching the total domination of the Spurs I can\'t believe anyone really believes there is a team that can beat a focused and healthy Lakers team in a 7 game series.

you know why the spurs lost??
I watched the game and cheered for them.  I was really hoping for a Lakers loss. But my black cloud of doom cursed the Spurs, sadly.
(one time all season i\'ve actually watched a lakers game not involving the celtics, btw.)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:30:17 am by SkyePrizm »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2011, 05:38:26 pm »
I would love to see Bulls/Celtics just so I can watch celtic fan get excited only to be let down while the Bulls take another step toward taking over the East as they go down to The Lakers to send Phil off with a 3peat.
Well with under 20 games to go it looks like the conferences are ending up per usual. The East has 8 teams under .500 with one of them making the playoffs at this point. The West has 4 teams under .500.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »
what happens in the regular doesnt matter though, right leith ??
*Gia*

leith

« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;266497
what happens in the regular doesnt matter though, right leith ??

Nope. It doesn\'t. That\'s why I posted there is no team that can beat them in a 7 game series. Especially for a team perennially in the playoffs.
It\'s something you as a celtic fan are not to used to so I understand your skepticism.
What r u gonna do when the celts go back to the shit team they were just 5 years ago? It\'s gonna happen. They do not have the best owner in Basketball like The Lakers in Dr. Jerry Buss who is willing to throw money at his team to assure the team stays relevant. They don\'t have the years of one owner creating a family atmosphere THROUGHOUT the organization. The celtics history is just that history. This recent revival of a shit franchise is about done. As I have said before enjoy the one ring this group did get it\'s all they\'ll get and they were lucky The Lakers were not at full strength or they wouldn\'t even gotten that one.

Oh there is one thing celtic fan on this board can look forward to.
Tray going back to being a Knicks fan.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2011, 06:48:31 pm »
Quote from: leith;266493
I would love to see Bulls/Celtics just so I can watch celtic fan get excited only to be let down while the Bulls take another step toward taking over the East as they go down to The Lakers to send Phil off with a 3peat.
Well with under 20 games to go it looks like the conferences are ending up per usual. The East has 8 teams under .500 with one of them making the playoffs at this point. The West has 4 teams under .500.

everything you said here has to to with the regular season
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2011, 06:51:15 pm »
don\'t mind leith.  he\'s adept at making big statements that don\'t amount to shit.

leith

« Reply #171 on: March 07, 2011, 07:19:31 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;266499
Quote from: leith;266493

everything you said here has to to with the regular season
R u really this stupid? The very first run on sentence is talking about The Finals(Conference and League).
The second bit is a continuation of the debate started earlier in this thread about how the West is better and thus the reason since Jordan retired the vast majority of NBA Champions are from the West. The playoff teams in the East are usually not as good as the ones in the West but playing against better competition only creates Champions I guess.

Quote from: Igziabeher;266500
don\'t mind leith.  he\'s adept at making big statements that don\'t amount to shit.
yeah the difference between us is your statements are just shorter.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:20:36 pm by leith »

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #172 on: March 07, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »
All I know is that the Suns have to get their act together if they are going to make the playoffs. Certainly doesn\'t help that Channing Frye is going to be out a couple of weeks with an injury.

The Lakers looked fantastic yesterday. Scary. The Spurs\' home winning streak met the buzzsaw yesterday. Ouch.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #173 on: March 07, 2011, 08:41:30 pm »
Quote from: leith;266498

Oh there is one thing celtic fan on this board can look forward to.
Tray going back to being a Knicks fan.

ha! ;) Hmmmm you may be right one day.....

I am pretty sure after Ray retires and when Rondo leaves (because let\'s face it he will eventually), that may just happen.   I honestly don\'t like what Ainge did to the team.  I can guarantee Doc won\'t come back and coach next year.  I see this team being vastly different in the next few years to come.  

I\'m not sold on the Melo-Stoudamire years yet.   But I can tell you this, if I do eventually go back to the Knicks, they will choke in the NBA finals.  Cause thats what my teams do....

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #174 on: March 07, 2011, 09:20:52 pm »
wow you guys suck at this thread so fuckin bad (mostly skypridooze) its seriously hilarious.

and ya leith keep aksing me how stupid i am.  youre like 50
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:23:27 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #175 on: March 07, 2011, 10:36:29 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;266511
wow you guys suck at this thread so fuckin bad (mostly skypridooze) its seriously hilarious.

we suck because we have vast knowledge of the sport?? and teams???

Why thank you.

And btw, someone with the name Bezerker shouldn\'t even begin to call me skypridooze cause your name says it all.

leith

« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2011, 11:51:07 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;266511

and ya leith keep aksing me how stupid i am.  youre like 50

Well as soon as there is evidence of reading comprehension beyond the 3rd grade level I\'ll stop.

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #177 on: March 08, 2011, 06:19:01 am »
my bad for not blowing my load over basketball stats just so i can argue with you two retards
*Gia*

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2011, 12:02:00 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;266516
my bad for not blowing my load over basketball stats just so i can argue with you two retards

You just proved Leith\'s argument by calling us "retards".  
You are stuck in the third grade.   Great use of recess insults!!!  

And personally, I find that comment highly offensive.  My brother-in-law has down syndrome.  I love him like my own brother.  So you using that word, calling me that,  in my opinion, is the equivalent of using the "n" word.  

People who use that term in their vocabulary immediately show an ignorance of the english language and exhibit their own personal stupidity.    

get a thesaurus.  start using intelligent words.

and maybe I will actually listen to you.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2011, 12:04:08 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;266519
So you using that word, calling me that,  in my opinion, is the equivalent of using the "n" word.

that\'s retarded
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor