Author Topic: Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)  (Read 16132 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2011, 11:13:16 am »
How was Magic galenas??

BTW I\'m going up there Friday. I like skinny steep tree trails.. have a feeling I\'ll love it up there :)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2011, 12:14:05 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265221
How was Magic galenas??

BTW I\'m going up there Friday. I like skinny steep tree trails.. have a feeling I\'ll love it up there :)

we actually ended up at stratton. and you will love magic! i could possibly go up this wkend if i get someone to cover my saturday shift at work... tho that would mean no kung fu in manchester...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 12:37:43 pm »
Kung Fu in manchester is why I\'m going to Magic Friday. I know I\'d be too sore and tired to make it to both in one day.

Lucky me it\'s pretty easy to flex my schedule around for such things.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2011, 04:09:58 pm »
i was at mt snow on sunday & monday for my first time skiing since 2008 -- or first time since car accident & knee surgery!!!  

my knee held up well and psyched to be able to stop ignoring these threads.   i didn\'t feel ready to jump back in the glades yet, but focused on form and simply enjoyed bombing the mountain.  

i am very down for lots of skiing this year... i can do sundays and mondays.... which are my fave days as mountains tend to be empty sunday afternoon > monday.  

at the grand summit lodge at mt snow - as long as space is availalble i can get rooms for $80 the first night and $16 each additional.  we dont have to ski there as it is pricey for what you get but nice to have a jumping off or crash spot for reasonable.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2011, 05:43:54 pm »
sweet glad to hear you\'re back in action

Sundays are good for me, or Saturday night lodge > Sunday ski

I am thinking this winter we need at least one Bfam ski weekend. Nice little ski and stay package, champagne and hot tubs, just doin\' it right. And I\'ve been dreaming of going back to Sugarbush but it\'s a little far for a day trip....

Paradise Glade, Rumble, Castlerock Woods, and Middle Earth @ Sugarbush are among my favorite trails as well. Very determined to get that shh on the helmet cam this year too .. hehe

If you ask me let\'s do it the first or second weekend of March. Schedule conflicts?

(that is an awesome deal at Mt Snow.. but check out http://www.liftopia.com for other deals... I only say this because I went to Mt Snow once already this year and found it sort of meh)

seriously though.... day 1 @ Sugarbush... day 2 a few miles up the road @ Mad River Glen... hehehe.. yeaahhh
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 05:52:16 pm by bdfreetuna »

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 07:54:59 pm »
anyone got an old board n b00ts they are looking to get rid of on the cheap? i am trying to get up on some slopes at least once this winter
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 08:45:56 am »
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:49:50 am by tyzack »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 10:25:49 am »
Catamount = $27 adult lift tickets Monday-Friday non-holiday.  Just putting it out there, thought it was a good price.  Never been there myself... anyone have any comments about the place good or bad?  It is right near the tri state border Ny-Mass-Ct and looked ok when I drove by last wknd.  http://www.catamountski.com/mountain/trail-map.cfm
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 10:31:31 am »
Catamount is kinda weak imo. Butternut is probably better for that particular tri-state border.

I got tickets to Bolton Valley yesterday for $22 on liftopia.com ... one of the best days of skiing I can remember.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 11:10:38 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;265576
Catamount is kinda weak imo. Butternut is probably better for that particular tri-state border.

I got tickets to Bolton Valley yesterday for $22 on liftopia.com ... one of the best days of skiing I can remember.

good to know... but I\'ll never go to Butternut again after finding out it wasn\'t steep enough for a 6" pow day unless you were on groomed trails.  Imo Mohawk is better than Butternut for a quick Blizzard getaway when you don\'t want to put too many miles on your tires (from New Haven area).  Catamount looked steeper than Butternut.  I\'ll definitely look into Bolton Valley though.
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 01:08:29 pm »
Catamount is slightly steeper than Butternut.. but it\'s a fairly ghetto operation overall, and not really any bigger.

liftopia.com is so awesome I\'d never be getting so much skiing in at (expensive) areas if it wasn\'t for all the bargains.

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 05:05:34 pm »

Some of that midstate New York wildlife...

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »
^^
Nice!

Went to Sugarbush this weekend. Conditions are beautiful up there. More snow right now, and later this week. Gonna be great!

Anyone up for MRG this coming weekend?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 06:22:41 pm by bdfreetuna »

tyzack

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 11:21:14 am »
For all you New Hampshirites who like beer:

The Boston Moon Hash is having a Beer Olympics tonight in Sunapee, NH

Beer Olympics are a good deal of fun and mainly involve drinking games played in teams to win prizes (MORE BEER!)

We might or might not actually run.

If you are interested in attending, send me a message and I will send you the details.

-Wiki

tyzack

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2012, 10:29:21 am »
Quote from: tyzack;267190
For all you New Hampshirites who like beer:

The Boston Moon Hash is having a Beer Olympics tonight in Sunapee, NH

Beer Olympics are a good deal of fun and mainly involve drinking games played in teams to win prizes (MORE BEER!)

We might or might not actually run.

If you are interested in attending, send me a message and I will send you the details.

-Wiki

We are doing this again in 3 weeks...