Author Topic: Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)  (Read 16177 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
So from what I gather, there\'s a lot of pretty outdoorsy Breakfast fans. I happen to be a big fan of the terra-based seasonal outdoor sports myself. But honestly I don\'t always have somebody to go with, so I probably end up sitting at home more than I\'d really like to.

Like, how fun would a Bfam ski day be? (or maybe a ski day & night with jacuzzi and fine wine ;) ) ...

Or if we were thinking of planning a backpacking trip and it turned out to be a little wild pack excursion?

Well, I\'ve taken a couple years off skiing due to laziness and old equipment, but my new Rossi Phantom SC80 backcountry skis should be arriving in the mail next week. So I basically plan to break these planks in super well this winter. I usually keep an eye open for special deal days at various ski areas. I do have some favorite slopes... for a relatively cheap good-snow day in Southern VT I really dig Bromley and Magic Mountain.

For a day on the bigger slopes Sugarbush and Mad River Glen are two of my favorites. I\'ve never been to Jay Peak or Sugarloaf USA but I\'m hoping to try both of those out this winter, as I pretty much love to spend a good chunk of the day in the glades / woods.

And on a good snow day and last minute plans, there\'s always Berkshire East (only mountain in MA imho that has got any half-decent steeps). As for Hampsh, I never really skied there as much, but I think I\'ve been to every place except Sunapee, actually. Wildcat is pretty good, but a real haul for me. Most of the NH slopes are kinda flat, no offense :P

But whatever, those are just the slopes I usually pick. If you guys want to plan a ski day in your neck of the woods (or Whiteface!), who knows I might be down and maybe some others would be into it as well?

So, I\'ll probably use this thread to post where I\'m going if anyone wants to get a little ski club / outdoors club together here, a fun and healthy idea! Not on days of Breakfast shows, probably ;)

Also dig mountain biking and backpacking but it ain\'t that time of year so much anymore. At least I don\'t hike in the winter... brutality!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

tpalms4prez

• :banwpoa:
Bfam Outdoor Sports Meet-Up Thread (hiking, skiing, biking, running, etc)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47:25 pm »
wayyy more then down for this josh iam still workin that crazy job so time is hard for me but if u still have my number hit me up man

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 01:06:14 pm »
I ain\'t gotcha # homie but hit me up on FB or something with those digits. Lost the old phone a while ago.

So this is the kind of deals I\'m talking about:
Bromley Mountain $49 Lift and Lunch Tuesdays:
$49 Lifts & Lunch Tuesdays: Check this out skiersand riders, Bromley is offering a special $49 lift & lunch ticket on most  Tuesdays throughout the season. Not just anyordinary lunch but a full sit down waitress served lunch at the Wild BoarTavern.  Everything is included, all day lift ticketand you’re  pick of the menu.  This way you can afford to leave a good tip!   Lift and Lunch Tuesday are December 14,21; January 4,11,18, 25; February 1,8,15; March 1,8, 15, 22.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 02:10:46 pm »
DEFINITELY! would love to see breakfast or kung fu or timmy play at the Red Fox Inn in Vermont — it\'s right near Stratton and Bromley — so we could rip up the mountain then rage the party.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 03:46:43 pm »
i might be in for this if i get myself some new equipment as well. def down for hiking! Sammy mentioned he is trying to get a gig up in Killington most likely w/ Dangle and Ad so that would be something to keep in mind. Mt. Sunapee really aint nothin to write home about but i might be able to hook up some passes, esp if i end up working there again.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 04:40:41 pm »
definitely!  2009 did a week at okemo > breakfast at tammany hall on the way back home and that was awesome.  any way to relive that has my interest!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 05:00:03 pm »
Great idea!

Saw my 2nd Breakfast show in 2001 at the Snow Barn near Mt. Snow, due for a return!!

Butternut is a good spot too.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 10:33:19 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;262126
Like, how fun would a Bfam ski day be? (or maybe a ski day & night with jacuzzi and fine wine ;) ) ...

:drool: I\'m in! Ok, so I really can\'t ski at all... the last time I tried was in \'92 when I was 12 years old.  I took one ski class, and basically snowplowed down the bunny slopes all day.  But I\'d be willing to try again now.  Todd was an awesome skier for his whole life, until getting hit by a drunk driver a few years ago.  His back hasn\'t been the same, but this might be a way to get him back out on the slopes too! :D
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 07:58:56 pm »
im into skiing vvherever
*Gia*

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 11:06:01 am »
Quote from: bezerker;262159
vvherever

Good to see you\'re finding some work-arounds for the broken keyboard :lol:

Best start gettin\' it shape, brah! 30 minutes of wall sits a day!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 11:08:34 am by bdfreetuna »

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2010, 07:33:49 pm »
great thread josh. im a big skiier, road biker, hiker, camper, etc so all of this sounds good and im really close to the berkshires.
DS Newbers

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 11:17:45 am »
good thread!  now we\'re thinking... I used to plan trips to Vt. around Iron Horse shows, a day or two on the slopes then work your way slowly back to North Hampton for the evening show... works out nicely and the beers help with the sore muscles though I must admit it ain\'t easy staying awake on the ride home!
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

tyzack

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 01:33:29 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;262143
Quote from: bdfreetuna;262126

:drool: I\'m in! Ok, so I really can\'t ski at all... the last time I tried was in \'92 when I was 12 years old.  I took one ski class, and basically snowplowed down the bunny slopes all day.  But I\'d be willing to try again now.  Todd was an awesome skier for his whole life, until getting hit by a drunk driver a few years ago.  His back hasn\'t been the same, but this might be a way to get him back out on the slopes too! :D

I am also not that big of a skier - I perfer xCountry skiing, but most of mountains have some side trails too.

If not, I\'ll be rocking the double greens, or maybe a blue.

And as for outdoor activities in general, as I have mentioned previously I have recently joined r*nning club in Boston - there are branches in western mass and RI that I know of, I\'m not sure if there\'s a New Haven club - and highly encourage you guys to join if you like beer, running, singing or having a good time.

From the Burlington Hash:

Bimbos and Wankers,

The rego for Burlington\'s annual ski/hash weekend, Anti-Buffet, is now up
and active. Details below from Urinal Biscuit.

KMM

Finally up and LIVE - The Anti-Buffett registration page is active!!!
http://www.burlingtonhash.com/antibuffett/

If you guys want to go, let me know
-Wikipedophelia
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:33:29 pm by tyzack »
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 01:51:14 pm »
Tyzack... probably would be down for the Hash Bash.. but having consulted my calender, I believe I will be attending a Breakfast show in Fall River, MA on the 4th of December .. perhaps you may want to attend that as well? ;)

Looks like Mad River Glen has been open for like the last 2 weeks for anyone who\'s doesn\'t mind scratching up their skis a bit :)

tyzack

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:11 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;262292
Tyzack... probably would be down for the Hash Bash.. but having consulted my calender, I believe I will be attending a Breakfast show in Fall River, MA on the 4th of December .. perhaps you may want to attend that as well? ;)

Looks like Mad River Glen has been open for like the last 2 weeks for anyone who\'s doesn\'t mind scratching up their skis a bit :)

*snap*

And here I was going to suggest that the breakfast play during it.

What are the details on that random-ass fall river show?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.