Author Topic: The 2010-2011 NHL Thread  (Read 7399 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2011, 07:45:30 pm »
loved 24/7 and love that,despite the whole team being hurt,the strangers are still playing good hockey.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 08:23:09 pm »
24/7 was great. loved the boudreau bbq sauce cheek stains on up-close interviews. fuckin slob.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 05:58:12 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;265242
I can\'t believe hockey hasn\'t been discussed in here since september! Piss poor!

Haven\'t really had anything to be excited about in hockey all year.  Aside from the last handful of games, the Devils have looked like absolute dog shit...  We can\'t score and our defense seems to have forgotten how to play...  That\'s what happens when Lou lets our top players go during free agency...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 11:14:03 am »
Today is the big "hockey day in america" for the nhl.   In case some of you didn\'t know ;)

Some great games on NBC starting at 12:30.   Flyers at Rangers first.  3:30 will be Penguins at Blackhawks.  

Then on VS, at 6pm, its the heritage classic outdoors...Montreal vs. Calgary.

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 10:40:21 am »
No hype about the playoffs yet??? COME ON.

Blackhawks need to come from behind in this series.  Vancouver is going to be hard to beat, no doubt.  Just hoping the hawks can come home and win.  It would be highly embarrassing to have the reigning stanley cup champs be ousted in the 1st round.

my back up team, the capitals are killing the rangers.  you can tell ovechkin wants the cup this year.

snwckgtr

• aka snickerdoodle
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 11:39:30 am »
SkyePrizm, at least the hawks made it to the playoffs....that would have been REALLY embarrassing.  vancouver is killing it though....i dont think any team would be embarrassed to lose to them.  definite favorites to win the cup.  if anyone in the west is going to beat them though, it would be the hawks.

im hoping my sabres can pull off another win tonight.  thanks to pronger not playing we definitely have a shot.  theyve had an incredible run for the past few months just to make it into the playoffs after being in 13th/14th place the first half of the season.  this has been one of the must fun seasons to watch and the playoffs are going to be even better!  

im also thankful to have some entertaining sports to watch.  definitely sucks to be a mets fan when the mets\' season is over while there is still hockey going on :(

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;268132
No hype about the playoffs yet??? COME ON.

Blackhawks need to come from behind in this series.  Vancouver is going to be hard to beat, no doubt.  Just hoping the hawks can come home and win.  It would be highly embarrassing to have the reigning stanley cup champs be ousted in the 1st round.

Quote from: snwckgtr;268135
SkyePrizm, at least the hawks made it to the playoffs....that would have been REALLY embarrassing.  vancouver is killing it though....i dont think any team would be embarrassed to lose to them.  definite favorites to win the cup.  if anyone in the west is going to beat them though, it would be the hawks.

Last year was a dream for those of us in Chicago.  But after dismantling the team due to salary cap issues, the bar was still set high for them this year.  After a disappointing regular season, it has become quite apparent that their lack of physical play and net presence has been their undoing so far after the first two games against the Canucks.  You can get away without it during the regular season, but not in the playoffs.  They are a whole different animal.  Without someone standing in front of Luongo and blocking his view of the play and getting inside his head, which Byfuglien did last year, I don\'t see much hope for the Hawks.  Maybe it\'s time to dress 6\'8"  260 lb. defenseman Jon Scott and shackle him to the post in front of Bobby Lou.  And if anyone messes with him, he can pulverize their faces into chopped liver (check out his fight with LA\'s Kevin Westgarth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=985bd9nTDGA). It certainly couldn\'t hurt.
You Lucky Bastards!

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:28 am »
Damn Sedin Twins and the Vancouver Canucks proved to be just too much for the Blackhawks.  Though, I have to say....  Crawford played one hell of a game in goal last night.  I can\'t blame him for the loss.   Defense completely collapsed and there wasn\'t much for him to do.  

From here on out, cheering for the Caps to go all the way.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011, 11:10:53 pm »
and the B\'s sweep the Flyers!!! on to the Bolts! Hope the Bruins can keep bringing the heat!
Where to next?

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 12:17:54 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;268985
and the B\'s sweep the Flyers!!! on to the Bolts! Hope the Bruins can keep bringing the heat!

Not a Bruins fans, but I\'ll cheer for them cause those damn bolts took out the caps (which i still can\'t believe they sweeped them....)

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 12:27:08 am »
Let\'s Go Bolts!

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011, 11:12:46 am »
Congrats, Bruins.  

Now go beat those damn Vancouver Canucks.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
The 2010-2011 NHL Thread
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2011, 11:16:52 pm »
Tim Thomas & the Bruins /thread...
Where to next?