Author Topic: iso: Kung Fu DLs  (Read 1907 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
iso: Kung Fu DLs
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:57:22 pm »
i know quite a few of their shows have been taped, but i can\'t find anything on archive. anyone have anything they would like to share ? pretty puhleese :D
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

mvallo

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »
A band member just  has to send a simple email to archive for approval and I can start uploading shows.  I have already talked to Tim and Dave about this and they said it would be OK.    They also wanted to discuss it with the rest of the band.  They also need to write up an official taping policy and that could also be holding things up.  Josh kroop(bands manager) need to be involved and he could make it happen sooner.  I will send him an email tonight.

ChrisF

• http://
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 08:36:01 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;258550
A band member just  has to send a simple email to archive for approval and I can start uploading shows.  I have already talked to Tim and Dave about this and they said it would be OK.    They also wanted to discuss it with the rest of the band.  They also need to write up an official taping policy and that could also be holding things up.  Josh kroop(bands manager) need to be involved and he could make it happen sooner.  I will send him an email tonight.

blah blah blah. thats a bs answer. recordings should still be posted elsewhere unless a band member says do not distribute them.

all that needs to be done is find a band member/kroop and get them to sign a paper that says "i approve kung fu for archive.org" and email it to archive.  there have been plenty of chances to do that in the 8 months they have been playing together. its really not that complicated.

if its a problem then post some recordings under open source audio on archive.org. im pretty sure they accept all formats of audio. so u could upload a few shows in mp3 format in the time it takes to upload 1 flac. for most people its probably going straight to an mp3 player anyway

who cares whether or not its in the live music archive section archive.org? by editing the item information you may even be able to move flacs from open source audio to the live music archive after kung fu gets added.

i dont have any kung fu flacs, but here is the 1 show i recorded in mpeg format - http://www.archive.org/details/kungfu2010-05-27

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »
I have Kung Fu @ Iron Horse (as well as the Breakfast part).

But a few factors have kept me from releasing it:

1. No time.
2. It was in the lower 10% of Bfast shows I\'ve been to (about 45 minutes of actual Breakfast and with a Tricky Ways encore?? = LAME)
3. I have no interest in taping/seeing/hearing Kung-Fu it just happens to be on the SD card.

Hate to be dick but if it wasn\'t for this Kung Fu business I\'d easily be at my 100th Breakfast show by now.

If anyone really cares I will burn the raw file to a DVD and bring it to Brekfast. Just remind me a day or two in advance.

I will be taping BrekFast in it\'s entirety though. And releasing the tapes ;)

To make it clear. I really , really love The Breakfast. Everything about the band. I would skip any other band to travel further to see The Breakfast. Anyone who\'s got a problem with that can EAT A D or buy their own Zoom.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:54:00 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 02:13:17 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;258572
To make it clear. I really , really love The Breakfast. Everything about the band. I would skip any other band to travel further to see The Breakfast. Anyone who\'s got a problem with that can EAT A D or buy their own Zoom.
I am with you 100%!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:46:36 pm »
Quote from: Mark;258590
Quote from: bdfreetuna;258572
I am with you 100%!

Yeah my man!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh