Author Topic: Setlist: 2010-06-19 - JAM-Boree Festival; Ellicottville, NY  (Read 4169 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
I: The Chase, jam > May Fly Disarray, Synergy, Terrapin Station, Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > Vortex 4 (Johnny Q\'s Magic Bike Ride) > No Quarter

Thanks to booztravlr for the setlist!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Setlist: 2010-06-19 - JAM-Boree Festival; Ellicottville, NY
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:05:06 am »
Vorex 4!  Epic!  Was this taped?
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 11:06:20 am »
Quote from: NickNels;258375
Vorex 4!  Epic!  Was this taped?

:that:

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:35:09 pm »
Jesus, take me back in time so I can go to this instead of all this Phish nonsense!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 05:20:48 pm »
Yeah Tuna, you should know better by this point! There is no way I would ever choose Phish over the Breakfast. Thats just me!

What a tremendous weekend!

Hands down, the best venue I have been to for a small festival. The entire place was forested so even the heat of the daytime was more than bearable. Just a beautiful place. Great vibes.

This set started way late so we decided to take a nap before the show. Well, there\'s this little molecule called tryptophan which is in turkey and it makes you sleepy. Well, I took one for the team and put down two turkey burgers for dinner. We wake up during Terrapin! :doh:

I would like to think that although I was asleep, I didn\'t miss a thing. One could hear the music anywhere on the grounds so I definitely heard the first part of the show through my subconscious, and it ripped!!! The rest of the show and the vortex switch-up jam made everything else inconsequential.

I don\'t know half of what happened to you guys this weekend and all of the miles you put on the van and car, but you all deserve medals of honor for coming through and weathering the storm and playing the music of the gods.

I really hope we can hear this again.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 09:42:01 am »

looks like a fun weekend, thats for sure

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 10:45:53 am »
Quote from: frolfer;258400
Well, there\'s this little molecule called tryptophan which is in turkey and it makes you sleepy...

shoulda extracted and decarboxylated the tryptophan into tryptamine, dimethylate it, and perhaps hydroxylate the 4 position.  then you would have been really awake!

on the topic; set looks siick, I\'m hoping for sets like this at CB4!!!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:48:56 am by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 06:42:43 pm »
I needed you there to help me doctor cannontrip!

These guys are freaking amazing. Never seen Jordan play guitar or Dangle Howser M.D. mash the drums. On point and in the pocket. Tim hit for the cycle during this set, playing all four instruments. Adrian needed that elusive triple to complete the cycle while Chris and Jordan had record numbers of RBIs. The Breakfast win the pennant!

Synergy works in funny ways. I specifically brought up Language of the gods to booz and Sweet T earlier in the day. Crazy shit. Just plain crazy.

One bonus about taking the long nap is I was able to stay up well past sunrise and groove out to the jam session on the small stage after the Breakfast. I wish the fellas could of stuck around  to trade licks with all of the talented musicians milling around that enchanted forest.

Johnny Q can rip on the harmonica, by the way!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 07:30:41 pm »
so was this only the end of no quarter?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 08:34:01 pm »
Yes, I believe this was just the last verse to finish the song started the night before.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2010, 09:00:38 am »
Quote from: booztravlr;258345
I put in the song times too.

2010-06-19
The Chase (9), Jam (6) > May Fly Disarray (10), Synergy (21), Terrapin Station (22), Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me (9) > Vortex 4 (Johnny Q\'s Magic Bike Ride) (23) > No Quarter (5)

Ser nannies from Gladys on. Jordan left the stage during the opening Gladys jam. Tim headed over to the keyboards and played til Jordan came back who then picked up the guitar. Shortly after Animal and Dangle switched spots. This led to Tim singing the Language of the Gods chorus while everyone else worked their way into the song on different instruments. It wasn\'t a full blown song but it was pretty close. Throughout this segment of the night Animal played drums, bass and guitar. Tim played guitar, keyboard, drums and bass. Dangle played bass and drums and Jordan played keyboard and guitar. Everyone was taking care of business on their respective instruments. They capped off the night by finishing No Quarter from Friday night. Adrian was on guitar, Jordan on keyboard and I\'m pretty sure Dangle was still on drums and Tim on bass. Not much you can say after that. Great times and ended just after 4am.

There was someone recording audio and another doing video. No promises they ever see the light of day though.

The crowd wasn\'t a dooz like it looks. There were a lot more people hanging on the hill side and plenty of people roaming the woods where their camps were set up. The stage was awesome!

Soundcheck

Synergy

Terrapin Station

Vortex 4 (Language of the Gods jam)

No Quarter
Smell my mule.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:19 pm »
badass!