Author Topic: Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)  (Read 21029 times)

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 05:10:49 am »
Quote from: leith;257596
Quote from: sąikidélik;257594
Quote from: leith;257571
Fucking A this is going to be the shit and you celt fans just be glad your old hacks made it. That\'s all you get this year.

put your money where your mouth is.

Figure out who we both know that has a PayPal acct. that will hold the cash. $50 good?

gentleman\'s bet. 50 is fine by me. looser will PM the winner there address. Im a money order guy. The boys in green are just getting warmed up. Kobe can\'t carry you guys every game.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 01:23:26 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;257599
Quote from: leith;257596
Quote from: sąikidélik;257594
Quote from: leith;257571
Fucking A this is going to be the shit and you celt fans just be glad your old hacks made it. That\'s all you get this year.

put your money where your mouth is.

Figure out who we both know that has a PayPal acct. that will hold the cash. $50 good?

gentleman\'s bet. 50 is fine by me. looser will PM the winner there address. Im a money order guy. The boys in green are just getting warmed up. Kobe can\'t carry you guys every game.

OK
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 04:11:36 pm »
I don\'t like basketball...but seeing how late night rides on the T are always more fun with enthusastic celtic drunks...I say Celts in 5.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 04:30:46 pm »
first and foremost, you lakers fans are lucky to have gasol. that was the most rediculous trade in nba history. 2 scrubs that arent even in the league anymore for an all-star, thats rediculous. league should have stepped in and vetoed that.
secondly, defense wins championships. cliche but true. celtics have better D, they take it in 7, lakers embarassed on home floor in game 7
break it down, simplify

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 06:59:32 pm »
Quote from: kartoon42;257781

secondly, defense wins championships. cliche but true. celtics have better D

Two hours till game time.  Any last words before the series starts, Leith? ;)

leith

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 08:45:32 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257799
Quote from: kartoon42;257781

secondly, defense wins championships. cliche but true. celtics have better D

Two hours till game time.  Any last words before the series starts, Leith? ;)

yeah celtics suck! Have fun watching the loss. :)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2010, 10:09:14 pm »
hope boston gets shmoked. definitely a case of cheering for the lesser of two evils in my corner. go lakers.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 11:55:47 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;257812
hope boston gets shmoked. definitely a case of cheering for the lesser of two evils in my corner. go lakers.

FINALS TACOS!!!!
If tonight\'s any example you are going to get your wish Nick.
So much for that vaunted celtic defense The Lakers hadn\'t faced.
HA!!

Rolling rolling rolling on Lakers!!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010, 12:03:50 am »
Celtics defense was good tonight, not great, not excellent, but good.   However, the offense.  Let\'s not even go there.  The lack of offense is why the Lakers won.  Pierce needs to stop being or trying to be the hero.  Ray Allen in foul trouble was a huge disadvantage.  Having Ray on the bench for most of the game takes out the 3\'s like that.  Rondo was driving and just throwing up hopeless prayers. He was off tonight.  I didn\'t even see him setting up plays and having the big assist numbers he usually has.  Wallace made a bunch of idiotic choices in the 3rd Quarter.  I really could go on and on.  

Oh, and the rebounds.  Gasol should NOT be out rebounding Davis-Perkins-Wallace, etc.  That is just piss poor.  And Perkins needs to step up.  

With all that said, in the playoffs, Celtics have always bounced back after a loss.  So Game 2,  mark my words, Leith, The real Boston Celtics will come out and play.  Tonight, it was like some half-assed effort...that is not the Celtics who took down Lebron, that was not the Celtics that took down Howard.  And that was not the Celtics that WILL take down Kobe.

In any case, I STILL BELIEVE!   GO CELTICS!

leith

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2010, 12:25:41 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257815
Celtics defense was good tonight, not great, not excellent, but good.   However, the offense.  Let\'s not even go there.  The lack of offense is why the Lakers won.  Pierce needs to stop being or trying to be the hero.  Ray Allen in foul trouble was a huge disadvantage.  Having Ray on the bench for most of the game takes out the 3\'s like that.  Rondo was driving and just throwing up hopeless prayers. He was off tonight.  I didn\'t even see him setting up plays and having the big assist numbers he usually has.  Wallace made a bunch of idiotic choices in the 3rd Quarter.  I really could go on and on.  

Oh, and the rebounds.  Gasol should NOT be out rebounding Davis-Perkins-Wallace, etc.  That is just piss poor.  And Perkins needs to step up.  

With all that said, in the playoffs, Celtics have always bounced back after a loss.  So Game 2,  mark my words, Leith, The real Boston Celtics will come out and play.  Tonight, it was like some half-assed effort...that is not the Celtics who took down Lebron, that was not the Celtics that took down Howard.  And that was not the Celtics that WILL take down Kobe.

Your entire post reads like a myopic fan reaching for a silver lining but as Doc Rivers said there is no silver lining to this game.
The fact is the celts were not prepared for The Lakers playing that tough and no team they have faced has the length The Lakers have and use.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2010, 08:52:05 am »
Quote from: leith;257818
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257815

Your entire post reads like a myopic fan reaching for a silver lining but as Doc Rivers said there is no silver lining to this game.
The fact is the celts were not prepared for The Lakers playing that tough and no team they have faced has the length The Lakers have and use.

No myopia here.  I am seeing very clearly.  I saw how bad they played,and they still managed at a few points to still be in it.  That\'s because even when they play horrible, they are still decent enough for the likes of the precious Lakers.  

I have seen how great the C\'s have played in these playoffs.  That was not the Celtics on the floor last night.  They were mentally out of that game.  Doc Rivers has to say that cause thats what Doc Rivers gets paid to do to motivate his team.   And I am sure he is lighting some fires under those arses.  So I hope the Lakers get cocky, and aren\'t ready for what happens in Game 2.  Cause its gonna happen.....

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 09:43:04 am »
Lakers looked good. Celtics looked bad.

We like the fact LA took game 1. That\'s what we want. All part of the plan.

This is going to 7, folks.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

sąikidélik

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2010, 01:43:46 am »
If the first game had been in Boston im sure it would have looked much different. Its only been one game. and kobe is a rapist. Lets talk when this is squared away.

leith

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2010, 02:44:37 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;257836
If the first game had been in Boston im sure it would have looked much different. Its only been one game. and kobe is a rapist. Lets talk when this is squared away.

But it wasn\'t and neither is game 2 where more of the same is waiting for the celts.

sąikidélik

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:19 am »
Quote from: leith;257837
Quote from: sąikidélik;257836
But it wasn\'t and neither is game 2 where more of the same is waiting for the celts.

I disagree. I feel confident about the game tomorrow night. This is where we pick up momentum going into the games in boston. game 6 and 7 will be your attempts at redemption if it even goes that far.