Author Topic: Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)  (Read 21249 times)

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2010, 11:25:25 pm »
I feel really good about tomorrow night.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2010, 11:28:24 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;258087
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;258085
Wish Kevin Garnett was the fourth-best player on my team....

Also, Phil Jackson in the huddle talking about the Celtics blowing games in the fourth quarter was spot on. Yes, the waved-off shot clock violation was a bad call, but it was immediately followed by KG losing a jump-ball to Derek Fisher. Artest needs to finish that lay-up, or at least hit a free throw. Then Rasheed takes a bad three (surprise, surprise), and the Lakers don\'t capitalize.

\'Sheed is like that annoying kid in little league who goes 0-for-the season but still gloats like an MVP when his team wins it all.

Celtics in six was my original pick, but if somebody gave me 5:1 on the Lakers right now, I would probably take it.

that may have been the celtics of the regular season, but clearly the playoff celtics are a different beast alltogether.  

Exactly.  I feel like people who doubt the Celtics have not been watching the entire playoffs.  Celtics in the Regular Season where plagued by injuries and egos.  Celtics in the Playoffs have honestly been superb at times.

Tonight is the night.  I have a great feeling.  Same feeling I had the night the blackhawks won last week.    Perhaps all the Sheppard teams will win this year..... alright maybe not...the Mets will never win....

Quote from: ChrisPitch;258092
But as a Lakers\' fan, I\'m looking at it from the perspective that all Los Angeles needs to do is win two games to win the NBA title. That\'s it: go 2-0.

Still slightly impossible.  Especially since they are going up against one the best road teams.  In the regular season, Celtics won an impressive 26-15 on the road.... in the playoffs.... 6-4.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:28:24 am by SkyePrizm »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2010, 11:38:27 am »
nothing\'s impossible, just not likely.  the celtics have been playing with a lot more energy and i don\'t expect that to change tonight.  bynum\'s presence will decide this game.  if he can maintain the low post and get a lot of rebounds, laker\'s can win game 6.  if he\'s a nonfactor and we can change around our offense and defense accordingly, then they don\'t stand a chance.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2010, 04:28:08 pm »
So I watched the replay and that game was winnable. Lakers take tonight and we get a battle royal Game 7 with The Lakers coming out on top.
GO LAKERS!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2010, 06:58:06 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;258124
nothing\'s impossible, just not likely.  the celtics have been playing with a lot more energy and i don\'t expect that to change tonight.  bynum\'s presence will decide this game.  if he can maintain the low post and get a lot of rebounds, laker\'s can win game 6.  if he\'s a nonfactor and we can change around our offense and defense accordingly, then they don\'t stand a chance.

thats exactly what jackie macmullan said today.

i have no idea what to expect tonight. really hoping for a game 7.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2010, 08:52:45 pm »
i cringe to think of a game 7 i would love to get this wrapped up tonight !  lets go celts !!
*Gia*

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2010, 09:06:25 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;258139
i cringe to think of a game 7 i would love to get this wrapped up tonight !  lets go celts !!

esp since it would be the same night as the hartford show.  wrap it up so we can enjoy phish in peace.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:17 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;258140
Quote from: bezerker;258139

esp since it would be the same night as the hartford show.  wrap it up so we can enjoy phish in peace.

yeah you may want to avoid davepeck on thursday night (if he\'s going)
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2010, 11:01:50 pm »
pffffffffffft.  i\'m not one that needs to avoid anything.

nice of artest and odom to finally show up.

lets do it in 7.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:01:50 pm by Igziabeher »

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2010, 11:09:37 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;258142
pffffffffffft.  i\'m not one that needs to avoid anything.

nice of artest and odom to finally show up.

lets do it in 7.

Um, we still have a 4th quarter!!!  ;)   I ain\'t giving up till the buzzer....

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2010, 11:23:28 pm »
nice win leaf.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2010, 11:25:23 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;258078
NOW THAT WAS THE BOSTON CELTICS!!!!

Tonight, the boys in green proved why they are indeed the better team....  Lakers are Kobe.  The Celtics are an actual team.  :)  Rondo was sprinting circles around everyone this evening the only way Rondo knows how.  Pierce was the best I\'ve seen him in awhile.  Allen\'s defense was superb.  I could go on and on about everyone who participated.   But all in all, they played with the hearts of champions.  They played like they want this title more than anyone on the Lakers.  

I predicted Celtics in 6 and I am sticking to it.

Lakers are Kobe? OK you see when The Lakers play as a team they clearly show they are better by dominating the other team and not just squeaking out wins as Boston has. It\'s the difference between actually being a great team and being great because the other team wasn\'t playing to their potential.

To me this should have never gotten to this point from what I have seen of this team all year and in the playoffs.

Either way since it is tied I have to say both teams are evenly matched but The Lakers have shown more dominance in their wins and will show it again in Game 7 Thursday as they complete the defense of their Championship.

Quote from: SkyePrizm;258121

Still slightly impossible.  Especially since they are going up against one the best road teams.  In the regular season, Celtics won an impressive 26-15 on the road.... in the playoffs.... 6-4.

Ha. 2 games away from being .500 on the road in the playoffs and that\'s good? Make it 1 game after tonight and Thursday they will be a .500 team on the road in the playoffs.
Plus I\'m not sure exactly the record but the celtics do not have a great record at all in clinching games as evidenced by tonight\'s game. The Lakers however.... well they do have Kobe.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!

Quote from: Vassillios;258145
nice win leaf.

The Lakers played the way Lakers fans are used to seeing is all that happened but yea it was a nice win.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:25:23 pm by leith »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2010, 11:31:02 pm »
leith likes arguing w/ women over sports; it make him feel superior.

leith

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2010, 11:35:14 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;258124

Yeah Ok I let it go b4 but uh DUH Ms. Obvious. Of course you forgot to mention that if The Lakers bench decides to come and play and the Homecourt does what it did for Boston it will be a tougher game than most think.
Don\'t cry to much tonight save your tears for Thursday night.
Quote from: Igziabeher;258148

You\'re so right.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2010, 11:36:49 pm »
Quote from: leith;258146
It\'s the difference between actually being a great team and being great because the other team wasn\'t playing to their potential.

So basically, what happened tonight, right?  Celtics played absolutely awful.  The worst they have played all playoffs.  Lakers didn\'t win because they played as a team, they won cause the Celtics could not get their shit together offensively.  Perk getting hurt probably ruined their flow, their mental game.  I really hope he is back for Game 7.  I can\'t stand the decisions Wallace makes at times.  

There is no excuse for the Celtics.  I mean, they were missing EASY lay ups my nanny could make.   I lost count, at least 6 or 7 or more.  They were  missing wide open jump shots.  They were making poor choices.  Rondo once again, as he has often this series, showed his immaturity with decision making.  He has been praised for his improvement, but I feel like this series, at times, he has sent himself three steps back.  

The way they played tonight, they didn\'t deserve to win.  I hope they use this frustration to come back and win Game 7.  GO CELTICS!  I STILL BELIEVE!!!

Leith, enjoy this win.  Cause next game isn\'t going to be as easy...

Quote from: Igziabeher;258148

Not many women can debate sports.....  he should be honored that I waste my time arguing with him.  =P
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:38:45 pm by SkyePrizm »