Author Topic: Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)  (Read 21230 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2010, 12:26:11 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257933
Quote from: leith;257932
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257906
Quote from: leith;257885
Garnett is old and will continue to play like shit. Allen got lucky and in Rondo I was n\'t talking abt just his triple double. He was playing in desperation and I think they think they got this handled now and he won\'t play like that again. Watch.

If you think either team is going to win 3 in a row your nuts.
Not worried at all. Fisher and Artest had meh games along with Kobe and the celts played out of desperation while The Lakers tra la laad once Odom shows up well that will be that.

Okay, Odom sucks. Sorry.  He\'s on a reality tv show. anyone on a reality tv show honestly already gets a sub par rating in my book.   When we actually get to his playing, he\'s average.  I think Big Baby Davis could eat a chicken wing at the same time and guard him.  

Talk about old men.  Fisher is old.  He looks old.  He plays old.  He can\'t guard Ray Allen (even though they are the same age) to save his life.  Ray just runs circles around him.

Artest is all talk and no game.  

KG is due for a good game.  He hasn\'t been playing like shit.  He\'s just been in foul trouble.  Something your boy Kobe was in the last game, so maybe we should just flat out say Kobe played like shit last game.

Once again, Allen did not get lucky.  If you leave him WIDE OPEN for a three, he\'ll hit it.  Its just common sense. Even the magic knew enough not to leave him open.

Rondo wasn\'t playing in desperation.  He was playing like he wanted to win.  There\'s a difference.

Well, Game 3 is tonight, I predict a Boston win. :)
So I was wrong about KG but the rest went pretty much EXACTLY as I predicted. Sorry Tray but Pierce may be right when he talked shit in L.A the celts may not be going back to L.A.

Wow, did you just admit you were wrong???  ;)   Tough tough loss but I am happy to see KG out of his funk.   Of course, I have to now worry about Ray Allen who has never shot that bad in his entire career.   BIG WTF to that.  

Leith, I wouldn\'t gloat tooo much.  That game was awful for both teams.  That was a sloppy victory for your guys. They pretty much stank the garden up except Derek Fisher, who I called old, and now apologize for doing so....You need to thank that man.  Without him, I think the Celts would have pulled this off.  Kudos for Big Baby coming off the bench BTW.  

Pierce talks a lot of shit usually and always  i.e.  his twitter account getting "broken into" during the Orlando series.  sigh.  Oh, the boys are def going back to LA....

But I still believe, GO CELTICS!!!

Yeah The Lakers haven\'t really played as well as they can not even in that fun game one. Big reason I\'m not worried in the least.

Wait until Kobe gets interested in winning it all on Boston\'s floor.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2010, 08:55:27 pm »
Quote from: leith;257934
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257933
Quote from: leith;257932
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257906
Quote from: leith;257885

Garnett is old and will continue to play like shit. Allen got lucky and in Rondo I was n\'t talking abt just his triple double. He was playing in desperation and I think they think they got this handled now and he won\'t play like that again. Watch.

If you think either team is going to win 3 in a row your nuts.
Not worried at all. Fisher and Artest had meh games along with Kobe and the celts played out of desperation while The Lakers tra la laad once Odom shows up well that will be that.

Okay, Odom sucks. Sorry.  He\'s on a reality tv show. anyone on a reality tv show honestly already gets a sub par rating in my book.   When we actually get to his playing, he\'s average.  I think Big Baby Davis could eat a chicken wing at the same time and guard him.  

Talk about old men.  Fisher is old.  He looks old.  He plays old.  He can\'t guard Ray Allen (even though they are the same age) to save his life.  Ray just runs circles around him.

Artest is all talk and no game.  

KG is due for a good game.  He hasn\'t been playing like shit.  He\'s just been in foul trouble.  Something your boy Kobe was in the last game, so maybe we should just flat out say Kobe played like shit last game.

Once again, Allen did not get lucky.  If you leave him WIDE OPEN for a three, he\'ll hit it.  Its just common sense. Even the magic knew enough not to leave him open.

Rondo wasn\'t playing in desperation.  He was playing like he wanted to win.  There\'s a difference.

Well, Game 3 is tonight, I predict a Boston win. :)

So I was wrong about KG but the rest went pretty much EXACTLY as I predicted. Sorry Tray but Pierce may be right when he talked shit in L.A the celts may not be going back to L.A.

Wow, did you just admit you were wrong???  ;)   Tough tough loss but I am happy to see KG out of his funk.   Of course, I have to now worry about Ray Allen who has never shot that bad in his entire career.   BIG WTF to that.  

Leith, I wouldn\'t gloat tooo much.  That game was awful for both teams.  That was a sloppy victory for your guys. They pretty much stank the garden up except Derek Fisher, who I called old, and now apologize for doing so....You need to thank that man.  Without him, I think the Celts would have pulled this off.  Kudos for Big Baby coming off the bench BTW.  

Pierce talks a lot of shit usually and always  i.e.  his twitter account getting "broken into" during the Orlando series.  sigh.  Oh, the boys are def going back to LA....

But I still believe, GO CELTICS!!!

Yeah The Lakers haven\'t really played as well as they can not even in that fun game one. Big reason I\'m not worried in the least.

wait til kobe gets injured and his career is over.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:51 pm »
a few things that i liked about game 3:

- garnett showing he can still be the best player on the court in any given game.
-pierce hitting clutch three pointers when it got close
-tony allen\'s defense on kobe

the fact is, the game should\'ve never been as close as it got at points, but both teams played pretty bad.  celtics played worse obviously, but they\'re capable of a lot more, whereas the lakers could\'ve played better, but the celtics\' defense on the lakers has improved since games 1 and 2.  i expect this to go back and forth all the way to game 7.

leith

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2010, 10:57:48 pm »
Quote from: leith;257934
Quote from: Vassillios;257955
wait til kobe gets injured and his career is over.

Yeah let\'s see in the past 4 years he\'s had knee surgery,2 avulsion fractures in the right index finger of his shooting hand and his knee drained last week. In that time he has led The Lakers to 3 straight NBA Finals.
Any other pearls of wisdom you wish to bestow?

Quote from: Igziabeher;257956
a few things that i liked about game 3:

- garnett showing he can still be the best player on the court in any given game.
-pierce hitting clutch three pointers when it got close
-tony allen\'s defense on kobe

the fact is, the game should\'ve never been as close as it got at points, but both teams played pretty bad.  celtics played worse obviously, but they\'re capable of a lot more, whereas the lakers could\'ve played better, but the celtics\' defense on the lakers has improved since games 1 and 2.  i expect this to go back and forth all the way to game 7.

Derek Fisher was the best player on the court last game.

Pierce\'s 3\'s were so spread apart and none really got them that into it.

Kobe had the best +/- on the court of either team. T. allen wasn\'t that big a deal.

Yeah and The Lakers defense hasn\'t stepped up at all. Yeah OK keep wishing folks after tomorrow\'s loss maybe you\'ll start to see the light.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 10:58:26 pm by leith »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:47 pm »
Quote from: leith;257963
[

Kobe had the best +/- on the court of either team. T. allen wasn\'t that big a deal.

Yeah and The Lakers defense hasn\'t stepped up at all. Yeah OK keep wishing folks after tomorrow\'s loss maybe you\'ll start to see the light.

i can\'t take anything you say seriously after your yearly touting of the chargers, but thanks for trying your best to disregard all the things that i said were simply positive aspects of their game.  2 days ago were claiming KG was old and didn\'t have it anymore.  Derek Fisher may have been the best player in the 4th quarter, i\'ll give him that.  you make it sound like this is was a landslide blowout when it could\'ve gone either way with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  lighten up francis.

plus i fail to see where i said anything to discount the lakers defense.  obviously they held the celts to under 90 points, and kept ray allen quiet(although he did it to himself mostly) after his big game in game 2.  he had a huge cold streak in the 08 playoffs too, no biggie.  do you enjoy being an argumentative curmudgeon on all topics music and sports alike or can you discuss a topic without getting on your holier than thou opinion soapbox once in a while?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:21:47 pm by Igziabeher »

leith

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2010, 11:26:39 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;257967
Quote from: leith;257963
[

i can\'t take anything you say seriously after your yearly touting of the chargers, but thanks for trying your best to disregard all the things that i said were simply positive aspects of their game.  2 days ago were claiming KG was old and didn\'t have it anymore.  Derek Fisher may have been the best player in the 4th quarter, i\'ll give him that.  you make it sound like this is was a landslide blowout when it could\'ve gone either way with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.  lighten up francis.
Ehh I got to push The Chargers it really ticks people off which is hilarious.
Yeah KG woke up for a game let\'s see him do it 2 in a row.
You make it seem like the reason the celts are down is all them and not because The Lakers are beating them at their own game which is really why these games are so close.
Oh so you edit after to give The Lakers their due on D.
Cool.
oh and yeah I love to be an ass when it comes to sports. We are not playing the games so what else is there for us fans to do but talk shit. It\'s SPORTS! lighten up francis.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:29:33 pm by leith »

leith

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 11:37:31 pm »
Tough game shooting by both teams and the celts came out on top of a close one.
Fucking Gasol got pushed around like he was 5 ft. tall.FUCK!
Odom pulled the typical play every 3 games so guess we\'ll see him in L.A. for game 6 and where the fuck did Artest\'s shot go? Too busy shutting Pierce down he forgot how.
Still no sign of Kobe wanting this as bad as he talks it.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 11:47:33 pm »
Quote from: leith;258006
Tough game shooting by both teams and the celts came out on top of a close one.
Fucking Gasol got pushed around like he was 5 ft. tall.FUCK!
Odom pulled the typical play every 3 games so guess we\'ll see him in L.A. for game 6 and where the fuck did Artest\'s shot go? Too busy shutting Pierce down he forgot how.
Still no sign of Kobe wanting this as bad as he talks it.

give credit where credit is due, your starters got schooled by our bench.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 11:54:36 pm »
Tough game shooting by both teams

Were we watching the same game?  Cause I think the Celtics had NO problem with offense in the 4th.  

So, Leith, how did it feel to watch your team get spanked by the Celtics Bench??  likes of Big Baby Davis??  NATE ROBINSON???!!  Kobe wasn\'t in the game because the defense was on fire.  They were all over him like flys at a picnic.

Celtics proved tonight they are the far better team.  When their starters can\'t get the rhythm, their bench is there to save the day. They are a way deeper team.  And they are selfless.  They win games when they play...as Doc would say... TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER.  Great win.

Still sticking to my prediction of Celtics in 6. I see them winning the next two.

GLuft3

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 11:58:59 pm »
Glad for you, skye!
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 12:09:11 am »
i dont think ive ever disliked a team as much as the celtics. with the exception of allen and rondo, they all act like fucking idiots. and rondo is so snakey, its hard for me to like him. great players, no doubt, but so hard for me to watch this team and enjoy the game.

honestly though i hope this series ends in game 7 on a buzzer beater. i just want to be entertained. if i were a betting man id still take LA without a doubt.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 05:23:59 am »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;258008
Tough game shooting by both teams

Were we watching the same game?  Cause I think the Celtics had NO problem with offense in the 4th.  

So, Leith, how did it feel to watch your team get spanked by the Celtics Bench??  likes of Big Baby Davis??  NATE ROBINSON???!!  Kobe wasn\'t in the game because the defense was on fire.  They were all over him like flys at a picnic.

Celtics proved tonight they are the far better team.  When their starters can\'t get the rhythm, their bench is there to save the day. They are a way deeper team.  And they are selfless.  They win games when they play...as Doc would say... TOGETHER TOGETHER TOGETHER.  Great win.

Still sticking to my prediction of Celtics in 6. I see them winning the next two.
A game consists of 4 quarters not just one Tray. Both teams shot like shit and if you can\'t see that I don\'t know what to tell you.
It felt the opposite of how when The Lakers bench schooled the celts starters last game.
Yeah Ok I love when you make a prediction. It always comes out the other way.
Oh and I also love how you feel the celtics are by far the better team and the series is tied at 2.
The Lakers will win out I have no doubt about that I just wish it could have been in Boston.
Oh Well.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:31:11 am by leith »

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 08:33:23 am »
i\'m a casual nba fan, but i love basketball. this series has been pretty interesting. both teams are playing very hard and it shows. that\'s the most important aspect of this series. that being said, i dont\' think either team has put together a full well-played game.  i\'m really excited to see how this plays out. this has all the makings of a seven game series. i hope the refs continue to swallow their whistles as they did last night.  a lot of "letting them play" and it made all the difference as a fan. the two techs were deserved (and mind-bogglingly stupid). maybe a couple wrong calls (rasheed\'s foul on pau, kobe\'s blocking foul against pierce), but those tend to even out. the games have been very good so far, but i\'m still waiting for that epic game. i\'m surprised none of the games have come down to the final second yet. there\'s no way they play two (or three) more without some last-second drama. some of the shots kobe has been hitting have been off-the-chart difficult. i\'d like to see him do it for four quarters though. game 5 is a big one...maybe he\'ll step up.  also, as a uconn fan, it\'s good to see ray finally make a couple buckets. and big baby is a pleasure to watch. do lakers fans at least appreciate his effort, or is he just considered another asshole celtic?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 11:05:31 am »
Quote from: GLuft3;258009
Glad for you, skye!

Thanks, George!  Just need two more!!! :)

Quote from: zuke583;258017
do lakers fans at least appreciate his effort, or is he just considered another asshole celtic?

I don\'t think they do. Cause Lakers fans are just like the Lakers Players and Coach. Phil Jackson was asked in the press conference on how to guard Davis and Robinson... And he had no comment like he thought they were a joke. Underestimating the Celtics, their players, will be the downfall of the Lakers.

With that said, this press conference is pretty damn classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ITvdAXiCU&feature=player_embedded

Quote from: leith;258011
A game consists of 4 quarters not just one Tray.

I beg to differ.   Yes, there are 4 quarters....but.... Most NBA fans know, it all comes down to the 4th quarter.  In my 26 years of being a fan (since about age 5), I can tell you, most games are decided in the fourth quarter. I have seen teams come from behind like miracles (Reggie Miller getting like 8 points in less than a minute).  I have seen teams lose an entire game in 2 minutes in the 4th (ahem, Knicks finals, Starks....)   No matter how shitty or how good you played the rest of the game, how they endure and achieve and survive in the 4th quarter makes the team that wins.  

With that said, in the fourth quarter of this last game, Celtics Bench proved that they wanted that win more than anyone on the Lakers.  And if you can\'t see that, then I don\'t know.

Quote from: zuke583;258017
i dont\' think either team has put together a full well-played game.  

I completely agree with that statement.  Lakers are acting like they should win every game because they are the Lakers and don\'t put forth the effort.  Celtics are living on a prayer.  I really hope we get at least one game when both teams are playing 100%.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:05:31 am by SkyePrizm »

dannybiscuits

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 12:53:34 pm »
That press conference is rediculous. "We like shrek and donkey up in here" That is awesome but I still favor the lakers in this series.
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!