Author Topic: Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)  (Read 10258 times)

Yoda

  • Smell My Finger
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3298
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2010, 06:09:28 am »
Someone explain to me why game 1 is played on Thursday night and with no travel needed, game 2 isn\'t until Sunday?  This is why the sports season never ends...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gordo

  • Nicky Cheesecake
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3260
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2010, 12:43:35 pm »
i think all ya\' boston fans are smoking crack. this series is either done in 6 with a lakers repeat, or it goes 7 with home court advantage ruling straight through (which also results in a lakers championship).
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

sąikidélik

  • whateva will dangle do ya
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 309
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 08:46:16 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;257860
Someone explain to me why game 1 is played on Thursday night and with no travel needed, game 2 isn\'t until Sunday?  This is why the sports season never ends...


cause in those three days ad sales are being made, merch is being sold, and lots of money is being made.

Quote from: Gordo;257863
i think all ya\' boston fans are smoking crack. this series is either done in 6 with a lakers repeat, or it goes 7 with home court advantage ruling straight through (which also results in a lakers championship).


Smoking crack or not, this series is not going to be as easy as you lakers fans think. The celtic wont give up without a fight and you cant get all the calls in your favor all the time.

SkyePrizm

  • separator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2368
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2010, 11:07:48 pm »
****cough****   Lakers, How does it feel to be outplayed by the Celtics???

Ray Allen, the main reason I became a Celtics fan, the reason why I said they lost the last game (cause he was on the bench most of the game in foul trouble), was incredible.  Breaking a Record!  Most 3\'s in a finals game.  How could they let Ray get all those open shots???  Where was the amazing defense??  ***raises hand*** I can answer.  Cause when the Celtics are on, THEY HAVE NONE.

Rondo had a triple double.  RONDO, at times the smallest guy on the court, probably out rebounded everyone on the court.  

Now onto Boston for 3 games.   GO CELTICS!!  I believe.  I never stopped!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:15:33 pm by SkyePrizm »

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2010, 02:07:13 am »
Outplayed? Garnett and Pierce had what 10 together? No Rondo and Allen won this game and it was close until 2 minutes left.
Outplayed my ass. The Lakers played shitty in the 1st quarter and never got over the hump really. Allen is not going to set another record and Rondo won\'t have another game like that maybe close but not like that.
This was the game they get in L.A. Not worried in the least. It was a tough game which it should be with these 2 teams. Enjoy the win celt fans you may get one more but that\'s it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

sąikidélik

  • whateva will dangle do ya
  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 309
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 03:12:42 am »
Quote from: leith;257872
Outplayed? Garnett and Pierce had what 10 together? No Rondo and Allen won this game and it was close until 2 minutes left.
Outplayed my ass. The Lakers played shitty in the 1st quarter and never got over the hump really. Allen is not going to set another record and Rondo won\'t have another game like that maybe close but not like that.
This was the game they get in L.A. Not worried in the least. It was a tough game which it should be with these 2 teams. Enjoy the win celt fans you may get one more but that\'s it.


wishful thinking per usual. I agree rondo and allen carried tonight but the Celtics are gonna have a refreshed attitude when they get home. I see pierce lighting up, and if KG perk and big baby can keep the fouls to a min they\'ll be puttin more points on the board. Not to mention how well robinson did. Kobe looks a little flustered to me. Rondo has his number and he has a hard time covering allen. Allen was 7 for 7 on his threes at one point then you got on his shit for an air ball. tough crowd. see you in bean town.

Yoda

  • Smell My Finger
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3298
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2010, 06:53:09 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;257870
Quote from: Yoda;257860
Someone explain to me why game 1 is played on Thursday night and with no travel needed, game 2 isn\'t until Sunday?  This is why the sports season never ends...


cause in those three days ad sales are being made, merch is being sold, and lots of money is


Ad sales would have already been booked...  Merch is a possibility, but ad sales are where the big bucks would be...  It\'s bad enough that the Conference Finals ended on a Saturday and the finals didn\'t start until Thursday... These guys don\'t need the better part of a week to prepare for a series...  Anyways, I could give two shits about the NBA, but I think that the time off is garbage that they won\'t schedule a game on a Monday, Friday or Saturday... Fans will watch regardless and people like me that don\'t watch, aren\'t going to watch because it\'s on during prime time of a main sitcom night... I\'ll just flip on TV Land and watch The Cosby Show instead of my regular scheduled programming...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

zuke583

  • the whitest kid u know
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2378
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2010, 07:34:54 am »
as a casual fan (that is, i have no NBA allegiance), i\'m much less likely to watch a friday/saturday night game than a game on any other day. and while i\'m not happy about having to wait three games between days, i am happy that i was able to easily watch all of game 2.  i have to imagine that i\'m the demographic the NBA is trying to capture in avoiding those nights
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

SkyePrizm

  • separator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2368
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2010, 10:16:56 am »
Quote from: leith;257872
Outplayed? Garnett and Pierce had what 10 together?

See that\'s the brilliance of the Boston Celtics.  They don\'t need the same guy (i.e. Lakers and Kobe) to get 30 points every night.  Every night a different 1 or 2 players step up.  This time it was Ray and Rondo.   Other games in other series, its been Pierce or Big Baby.    You have to admit, when Kobe doesn\'t get 30, you guys lose.  Just not that way with the Celtics.  As long as someone steps up, they win.  They are the most unselfish team in basketballl when they play their game.

Besides that Pierce\'s defense was phenomenal.  He was everywhere.    KG was in foul trouble.  I mean, what can you do about that?  But like i said, there\'s a whole other team to step in....

Quote from: leith;257872
Allen is not going to set another record and Rondo won\'t have another game like that maybe close but not like that.

Allen is not going to set another record?  Yeah right. He tied the record in 2008.  He beat it last night.  Maybe not the next game, but maybe in the one after that, he could beat his own record.  don\'t underestimate him. well actually do.  cause that\'s what your team did and look what he did.

And Rondo?  THATS HIS SECOND TRIPLE DOUBLE OF THE PLAYOFFS.   And he\'s been very close to having more.  So saying that, shows how ignorant you are about the opponent.


Quote from: leith;257872

Enjoy the win celt fans you may get one more but that\'s it.

Its more like, good luck trying to win in Boston, Lakers.....especially 3 in a row??  Right, you\'ll be lucky if your team wins one! ;)

I told you Game 1 was not the Celtics.  You met them in Game 2.  And guess what, in Game 3, you will REALLY meet them especially if KG gets out of his funk....

Quote from: sąikidélik;257873
Kobe looks a little flustered to me. Rondo has his number and he has a hard time covering allen. Allen was 7 for 7 on his threes at one point then you got on his shit for an air ball. tough crowd. see you in bean town.


Derek Fisher looks also very flustered.  He can\'t keep up with Ray Allen\'s running around the court.  Shows so much how they need Ray in that Game 1.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:16:56 am by SkyePrizm »

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2010, 01:09:03 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257879
Quote from: leith;257872
Outplayed? Garnett and Pierce had what 10 together?


See that\'s the brilliance of the Boston Celtics.  They don\'t need the same guy (i.e. Lakers and Kobe) to get 30 points every night.  Every night a different 1 or 2 players step up.  This time it was Ray and Rondo.   Other games in other series, its been Pierce or Big Baby.    You have to admit, when Kobe doesn\'t get 30, you guys lose.  Just not that way with the Celtics.  As long as someone steps up, they win.  They are the most unselfish team in basketballl when they play their game.

Besides that Pierce\'s defense was phenomenal.  He was everywhere.    KG was in foul trouble.  I mean, what can you do about that?  But like i said, there\'s a whole other team to step in....

Quote from: leith;257872

Allen is not going to set another record and Rondo won\'t have another game like that maybe close but not like that.


Allen is not going to set another record?  Yeah right. He tied the record in 2008.  He beat it last night.  Maybe not the next game, but maybe in the one after that, he could beat his own record.  don\'t underestimate him. well actually do.  cause that\'s what your team did and look what he did.

And Rondo?  THATS HIS SECOND TRIPLE DOUBLE OF THE PLAYOFFS.   And he\'s been very close to having more.  So saying that, shows how ignorant you are about the opponent.


Quote from: leith;257872


Enjoy the win celt fans you may get one more but that\'s it.


Its more like, good luck trying to win in Boston, Lakers.....especially 3 in a row??  Right, you\'ll be lucky if your team wins one! ;)

I told you Game 1 was not the Celtics.  You met them in Game 2.  And guess what, in Game 3, you will REALLY meet them especially if KG gets out of his funk....


No The Lakers don\'t lose if Kobe doesn\'t get 30. That\'s ridiculous.
Garnett is old and will continue to play like shit. Allen got lucky and in Rondo I was n\'t talking abt just his triple double. He was playing in desperation and I think they think they got this handled now and he won\'t play like that again. Watch.

If you think either team is going to win 3 in a row your nuts.
Not worried at all. Fisher and Artest had meh games along with Kobe and the celts played out of desperation while The Lakers tra la laad once Odom shows up well that will be that.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

tpalms4prez

  • :banwpoa:
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 108
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2010, 10:10:39 am »
fuck that ^

SkyePrizm

  • separator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2368
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2010, 10:20:36 am »
Quote from: leith;257885

Garnett is old and will continue to play like shit. Allen got lucky and in Rondo I was n\'t talking abt just his triple double. He was playing in desperation and I think they think they got this handled now and he won\'t play like that again. Watch.

If you think either team is going to win 3 in a row your nuts.
Not worried at all. Fisher and Artest had meh games along with Kobe and the celts played out of desperation while The Lakers tra la laad once Odom shows up well that will be that.


Okay, Odom sucks. Sorry.  He\'s on a reality tv show. anyone on a reality tv show honestly already gets a sub par rating in my book.   When we actually get to his playing, he\'s average.  I think Big Baby Davis could eat a chicken wing at the same time and guard him.  

Talk about old men.  Fisher is old.  He looks old.  He plays old.  He can\'t guard Ray Allen (even though they are the same age) to save his life.  Ray just runs circles around him.

Artest is all talk and no game.  

KG is due for a good game.  He hasn\'t been playing like shit.  He\'s just been in foul trouble.  Something your boy Kobe was in the last game, so maybe we should just flat out say Kobe played like shit last game.

Once again, Allen did not get lucky.  If you leave him WIDE OPEN for a three, he\'ll hit it.  Its just common sense. Even the magic knew enough not to leave him open.

Rondo wasn\'t playing in desperation.  He was playing like he wanted to win.  There\'s a difference.

Well, Game 3 is tonight, I predict a Boston win. :)

Igziabeher

  • ser gravel eater
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 5149
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2010, 01:18:15 pm »
paul pierce will take over this series as he did in Orlando and as he did in 2008. just be patient.

leith

  • B'Fam West Coast Member
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 8965
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2010, 11:55:05 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257906
Quote from: leith;257885

Garnett is old and will continue to play like shit. Allen got lucky and in Rondo I was n\'t talking abt just his triple double. He was playing in desperation and I think they think they got this handled now and he won\'t play like that again. Watch.

If you think either team is going to win 3 in a row your nuts.
Not worried at all. Fisher and Artest had meh games along with Kobe and the celts played out of desperation while The Lakers tra la laad once Odom shows up well that will be that.


Okay, Odom sucks. Sorry.  He\'s on a reality tv show. anyone on a reality tv show honestly already gets a sub par rating in my book.   When we actually get to his playing, he\'s average.  I think Big Baby Davis could eat a chicken wing at the same time and guard him.  

Talk about old men.  Fisher is old.  He looks old.  He plays old.  He can\'t guard Ray Allen (even though they are the same age) to save his life.  Ray just runs circles around him.

Artest is all talk and no game.  

KG is due for a good game.  He hasn\'t been playing like shit.  He\'s just been in foul trouble.  Something your boy Kobe was in the last game, so maybe we should just flat out say Kobe played like shit last game.

Once again, Allen did not get lucky.  If you leave him WIDE OPEN for a three, he\'ll hit it.  Its just common sense. Even the magic knew enough not to leave him open.

Rondo wasn\'t playing in desperation.  He was playing like he wanted to win.  There\'s a difference.

Well, Game 3 is tonight, I predict a Boston win. :)

So I was wrong about KG but the rest went pretty much EXACTLY as I predicted. Sorry Tray but Pierce may be right when he talked shit in L.A the celts may not be going back to L.A.
Quote from: Igziabeher;257911
paul pierce will take over this series as he did in Orlando and as he did in 2008. just be patient.

Well that\'s another game he hasn\'t done shit. So yeah just be patient.




GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

  • separator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2368
Lakers vs celtics (Kobe\'s Revenge)
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2010, 12:04:58 am »
Quote from: leith;257932
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257906
Quote from: leith;257885
Garnett is old and will continue to play like shit. Allen got lucky and in Rondo I was n\'t talking abt just his triple double. He was playing in desperation and I think they think they got this handled now and he won\'t play like that again. Watch.

If you think either team is going to win 3 in a row your nuts.
Not worried at all. Fisher and Artest had meh games along with Kobe and the celts played out of desperation while The Lakers tra la laad once Odom shows up well that will be that.

Okay, Odom sucks. Sorry.  He\'s on a reality tv show. anyone on a reality tv show honestly already gets a sub par rating in my book.   When we actually get to his playing, he\'s average.  I think Big Baby Davis could eat a chicken wing at the same time and guard him.  

Talk about old men.  Fisher is old.  He looks old.  He plays old.  He can\'t guard Ray Allen (even though they are the same age) to save his life.  Ray just runs circles around him.

Artest is all talk and no game.  

KG is due for a good game.  He hasn\'t been playing like shit.  He\'s just been in foul trouble.  Something your boy Kobe was in the last game, so maybe we should just flat out say Kobe played like shit last game.

Once again, Allen did not get lucky.  If you leave him WIDE OPEN for a three, he\'ll hit it.  Its just common sense. Even the magic knew enough not to leave him open.

Rondo wasn\'t playing in desperation.  He was playing like he wanted to win.  There\'s a difference.

Well, Game 3 is tonight, I predict a Boston win. :)
So I was wrong about KG but the rest went pretty much EXACTLY as I predicted. Sorry Tray but Pierce may be right when he talked shit in L.A the celts may not be going back to L.A.

Wow, did you just admit you were wrong???  ;)   Tough tough loss but I am happy to see KG out of his funk.   Of course, I have to now worry about Ray Allen who has never shot that bad in his entire career.   BIG WTF to that.  

Leith, I wouldn\'t gloat tooo much.  That game was awful for both teams.  That was a sloppy victory for your guys. They pretty much stank the garden up except Derek Fisher, who I called old, and now apologize for doing so....You need to thank that man.  Without him, I think the Celts would have pulled this off.  Kudos for Big Baby coming off the bench BTW.  

Pierce talks a lot of shit usually and always  i.e.  his twitter account getting "broken into" during the Orlando series.  sigh.  Oh, the boys are def going back to LA....

But I still believe, GO CELTICS!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 12:13:20 am by SkyePrizm »