Author Topic: Twisted Vine; Derby, CT  (Read 1605 times)

stublatt

Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 10:00:03 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;259786
Timmy & Sammy @ the Twisted Vine - 7/28/10 (Unofficial/Incomplete Setlist)

Forgive my technological idiocy, but somehow as I was messing with my phone, I managed to delete the text with entire first set written down... Set 1 is entirely based on memory and I think I did a pretty good job, there might be 1 or 2 things missing or out of place. Set 2 went to the ol\' pen & paper but I had to head out before it was over. So, Stu... provide corrections as neccessary!  Overall, it was a great night of tunes and there pretty decent turn out.

Set I: jam > God Knows I\'m Good, Chalk dust Torture, A Day In the Life, Black Country Rock, Unbroken Chain(1st half) > Heart of the Country*, Unbroken Chain(2nd half), Ewok Celebration, spacey jam(?) > Mothers Little Helper

Set II: Super Mario Brothers teases, Welcome to This World, Psygn, Black Hole Sun, Fearless#& > Presence of the Lord#&^, Get On Top@#, Red Baron, My Friends@, (Kung Fu tune), Hitch a Ride... to be continued!

*w/ reprise, "Unbroken Country" lyrics & Unbroken Melody teases  
#w/ John Whaley on bass
&w/ Adam Cyr on soprano saxophone
^w/ extended jam ("Feeling Groovy" teases and reggae jam)
@w/ Dave Pec on vocals

Nice 1st set memory recall out of you!  Think there was an \'8 Days A Week\' somewhere in the 1st set.  The Kung Fu song was actually an amazing version of Jimmy Herring\'s \'Scapegoat Blues\' (which K-Fu has certainly gotten quite \'comfortable\' with).  Real nice jam out of \'Hitch a Ride\' - and D Pec back up for \'Better Man\', Whaley back for \'Eyes-World\' and 1 other.  Sweetness!  I\'ll have it a little clearer once I check out the audio files.
  BTW - D Livolsi was in the house - handing out the new, hot-off-the-press Kung Fu 3 song EP.  Sure they\'ll have plenty with them tomorrow.

A \'99% accurate\' update:

Set I: jam > God Knows I\'m Good, Chalk dust Torture, A Day In the Life, Black Country Rock, Unbroken Chain(1st half) > Heart of the Country*, Unbroken Chain(2nd half) > 8 Days A Week\', Any Major Dude, Ewok Celebration, spacey jam(?) > Mothers Little Helper

Set II: Super Mario Brothers teases, Welcome to This World, Psygn, Black Hole Sun, Fearless#& > Presence of the Lord#&^, Get On Top@#, Red Baron#, My Friends@, Scapegoat Blues, Hitch a Ride > Little Patience > Tweezer Reprise > Hitch A Ride%, Divided Sky, Better Man@#, Eyes Of The World#$

*w/ reprise, "Unbroken Country" lyrics & Unbroken Melody teases  
#w/ John Whaley on bass
&w/ Adam Cyr on soprano saxophone
^w/ extended jam ("Feeling Groovy" teases and reggae jam)
@w/ Dave Pec on vocals
% w/\'Closer To Home\' & \'More Than A Feeling\' teases
$ w/\'Tired Of Being Alone\' tease
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:14:09 am by stublatt »

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 10:25:36 am »
Yes, there definitely was an 8 days a week in there somewhere, when you figure it out lemme know and I will update the setlist.
Where to next?

stublatt

Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 11:17:41 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;259789
Yes, there definitely was an 8 days a week in there somewhere, when you figure it out lemme know and I will update the setlist.

check out my previous \'edit\' - probably as good as I\'m gonna get it.
Good times!

DiG728

• COME ON!!
Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 11:37:29 am »
Such a great night.  Not a bad way to celebrate turning 28 at all!

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 12:11:15 pm »
Wow! close out, wish I could have made it til the end!
Where to next?

stublatt

Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 03:16:23 pm »
\'Unbroken Country\' - 7/28/10

http://www.youtube.com/v/rT9p2Ju1u8w&hl=en_US&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/rT9p2Ju1u8w&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

galenas

• Global Moderator
Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 04:25:58 pm »
Quote from: DiG728;259792
Such a great night.  Not a bad way to celebrate turning 28 at all!

heyyyyy ---- happy bday!!! :D see ya later!

galenas

• Global Moderator
Twisted Vine; Derby, CT
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:17 pm »
Quote from: stublatt;259802
\'Unbroken Country\' - 7/28/10

http://www.youtube.com/v/rT9p2Ju1u8w&hl=en_US&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/rT9p2Ju1u8w&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385">

love you both -- u guys are adorable! gotta make it up for one of these, sammy -- so sorry i haven\'t been able to yet!