Author Topic: RC: still prefers the Breakfast to Kung Fu  (Read 11419 times)

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
RC: still prefers the Breakfast to Kung Fu
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2010, 09:14:59 am »
I look at this The Breakfast, Kung Fu joint effort as teamwork, not a competition.
One hand helps the other. Tim & Adrian always find time to do what they want to do.
In between The Breakfast, Kung Fu shows they still have time for projects with other players!
(p.s. If anyone into music doesn\'t feel blessed to hear Kris Jensen play his Sax, should get their ears cleaned & their head checked!)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 09:28:52 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2010, 08:19:19 pm »
Ken - I like TB; I can appreciate KF...  That being said, unless they add some serious vocals and turn it a little bit away from an instrumental group, I\'ve lost interest...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2010, 09:37:06 pm »
I\'ve avoided this thread for a while, but since the IPA\'s, stouts, bourbon and the Blackhawks victory have set me on fire, I feel compelled to respond.  Everyone is certainly entitled their opinion and I respect them.  Personally, I\'m a big fan of Kung Fu.  They play a boatload of music that I grew up with, Jeff Beck and Billy Cobham, in particular.  Obviously, The Breakfast is the reason why we are all here, but knowing Tim and Adrian\'s influences have ties to fusion, it makes it even more to my liking and I will support them in projects like this.  I can\'t expect everyone to like it, but if it in any way gives The Breakfast more exposure, I\'m hoping that it will be worth it.  I know my tastes in music are not similar to many who post here, especially since 40%+ of my music collection is instrumental.  Sorry Yoda, but vocals seem to get in the way most of the time for me.  But let\'s keep Kung Fu opening for the Breakfast, since they still my favorite live band.  Ever.  Hands down, case closed.  The Old Guy.
You Lucky Bastards!

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2010, 10:43:11 pm »
Kung Fu is predominantly an instrumental group. There is no need for more vocals.
Case isn\'t closed Rick, any more opinions out there in music land?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 06:48:03 am »
Music without vocals is great for about 1/2 hour... Then I start to feel like it\'s really been a long time that I\'ve been in the waiting room for my dentist...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2010, 06:50:52 am »
Music without vocals is great for about 1/2 hour... Then I start to feel like it\'s really been a long time that I\'ve been in the waiting room for my dentist...

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2010, 08:56:47 am »
Music is like food, you eat what you like.
Case closed!!!

bonzo

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2010, 09:08:25 am »
Quote from: Rickey Roux;256316
I\'ve avoided this thread for a while, but since the IPA\'s, stouts, bourbon and the Blackhawks victory have set me on fire, I feel compelled to respond.  Everyone is certainly entitled their opinion and I respect them.  Personally, I\'m a big fan of Kung Fu.  They play a boatload of music that I grew up with, Jeff Beck and Billy Cobham, in particular.  Obviously, The Breakfast is the reason why we are all here, but knowing Tim and Adrian\'s influences have ties to fusion, it makes it even more to my liking and I will support them in projects like this.  I can\'t expect everyone to like it, but if it in any way gives The Breakfast more exposure, I\'m hoping that it will be worth it.  I know my tastes in music are not similar to many who post here, especially since 40%+ of my music collection is instrumental.  Sorry Yoda, but vocals seem to get in the way most of the time for me.  But let\'s keep Kung Fu opening for the Breakfast, since they still my favorite live band.  Ever.  Hands down, case closed.  The Old Guy.

dude you took the words right out of my mouth. for now i dig the kung fu/breakfast shows its a nice twist.

psychjosh

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2010, 09:26:54 am »
Quote from: Yoda;256315
Ken - I like TB; I can appreciate KF...  That being said, unless they add some serious vocals and turn it a little bit away from an instrumental group, I\'ve lost interest...

So I guess we wont see u at Mex Blues.. shocker

If KF had little or no success.. this thread wouldnt exist and everyone would be treating it like timmy tour..

KF is NO threat to the BF future. BF is a threat to their own future.

BTW -  I might mange KF but BF is STILL my favorite band!!

It\'s been a long hard road for all these musicians and if any one project can bread some much desrved recognition then.. fucking hooray and about time.

Anyone who thinks that success for 1 project wont yield good thing for another is a tard! (as long as they dont give up)

Any doubters.. stick around for a year and please remind me that I told you so!

I think i need to retire from this thread. it\'s annoying
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:26:54 am by psychjosh »
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:59 am »
Case closed!!!   I\'m outta here!  A to Z here I come!!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 10:24:05 am »
Josh - you won\'t see me at Mexicali because I\'ll be working that night... Thursday nights are great for the college folk, but the weekend is for the working folk...

peaches626

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2010, 10:52:23 am »
hey, some of us work on the weekends pal.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2010, 11:02:12 am »
Quote from: Rickey Roux;256316
Blackhawks victory

this probably should be mentioned in the hockey thread, but what a hell of a game! seriously.  i have to say the hawks had me worried in the beginning of this series.  the predators looked like they wanted it more.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2010, 11:35:32 am »
listening to some skunk funk right now! :D
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2010, 08:17:35 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;256335
hey, some of us work on the weekends pal.

Good for you... I don\'t have money for a show right now, even if it was TB...