Author Topic: Tapers appreciation thread, from those ignorant in the world of taping!!  (Read 3142 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Tapers appreciation thread, from those ignorant in the world of taping!!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2004, 04:11:18 pm »
hey,is that porters show up yet slackers??????
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2004, 04:25:49 pm »
Where were the tapers when PB played the first album live in a set???  or does somebody have that show? id like to check that out
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2004, 03:15:09 pm »
Originally posted by DocEllis70
Where were the tapers when PB played the first album live in a set???  or does somebody have that show? id like to check that out

something you should understand:
The \'tapers\' for almost two years consisted of Dave Peck. Then Matt Vallo came on board, and overnight the amount of tapers doubled! (Since then it has grown to the point where not taping is extremely rare). While dave and Matt went to A LOT of shows, they did not go to ALL shows, thus, there are quite a few shows randomly scattered throughout the years that were not taped.

Also, even when they went to some shows, they didnt have any $$ to buy dats for the night, and it went untaped. This is less of a problem now, but this thread should give specific props to Dave and Matt.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2004, 05:05:44 pm »
Originally posted by FrankZappa
something you should understand:
The \'tapers\' for almost two years consisted of Dave Peck. Then Matt Vallo came on board, and overnight the amount of tapers doubled!

LOL.

Now if we could all tape the same show one of these days and have a "Section" :)

Although I have been really slacken when it comes to getting out
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19