Author Topic: The Breakfast @ Sully\'s 1/30/2010-LMA  (Read 2448 times)

skiprince

The Breakfast @ Sully\'s 1/30/2010-LMA
« on: March 09, 2010, 12:28:22 am »
http://www.archive.org/details/breakfast2010-01-30.flac24

I: jam* > Honey Butter** > Doughboy, A Blessing In The Skies^, The Late And The Great > Score, Metropolis

II: Gladys Pimp And Kangaroos With Me > The Other One^^, The Vermont Song, Buquebus#

E: Shotgun Butterfly

* with \'Buquebus\' teases.
** unfinished.
^ first time played.
^^ with Matt Zeiner on keys.
# with drum & bass jam.

Thanks to Simpletwistupdon for the setlist

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:54:52 am »
Sweet!!!! Thank you skiprince!

Going to make another venture into 16-bit land!

I am getting decoding errors trying to turn this into wav. The stream sounds nice though!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:54:52 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

mvallo

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:44:18 pm »
Thanks skiprince for taping and uploading your audience recording to LMA.  It was a great show and the recording came out great.  I want to get one of thoes crown mics.    2 new songs, with ABID first time played and guests, a must have show for 2010.  
     My matrix recordings will not be available as they are not allowed to be released as a free download as per Tim and Adrian.  They are just enforcing their current taping policy.  So, the current taping policy is still in effect and audience recordings are permitted for free downloads.   I plan on taping audience recordings from here on out and uploading to archive.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 02:08:49 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;253894
So, the current taping policy is still in effect and audience recordings are permitted for free downloads.   I plan on taping audience recordings from here on out and uploading to archive.

awesome. big thanks to ALL the tapers
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 03:22:11 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;253896
So, the current taping policy is still in effect and audience recordings are permitted for free downloads.   I plan on taping audience recordings from here on out and uploading to archive.

awesome. big thanks to ALL the tapers

ditto to that!

Thanks skiprince for taping and uploading your audience recording to LMA.  It was a great show and the recording came out great.  I want to get one of thoes crown mics.    2 new songs, with ABID first time played and guests, a must have show for 2010.  
     My matrix recordings will not be available as they are not allowed to be released as a free download as per Tim and Adrian.  They are just enforcing their current taping policy. So, the current taping policy is still in effect and audience recordings are permitted for free downloads.   I plan on taping audience recordings from here on out and uploading to archive.

So if its not gonna be a free download, are these going to surface for $? Or is this whole debate still just in a holding pattern? I know I would buy every show I went to and then some.

And Matt, FYI... I\'m not being an audiosnob about AUD recordings, I\'m just tryin to support the band.  I appreciate all the hardwork you\'ve done over the years and continue to do!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:23:23 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 03:57:48 pm »
thanks skiprince!

recording sounds fantastic
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 04:30:58 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

mvallo

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 04:58:25 pm »
I believe very few or any live matrix or mulitrack shows will be sold by the band especially the way things stand today.  The band is dysfunctional in making decisions when it comes to officially releasing live shows in a timely manner.  Look how long it took to release Live As Is.  There are many reasons why it can\'t or doesn\'t get done.  It\'s an internal business decision and it is inappropriate for me to discussing this on the board.
   I just look at all the jam bands that sell HQ live recordings now and wonder why the breakfast can\'t do the same.  The band is short changing themselves of potential income, not allowing the fans to purchase a HQ products,  allow free audience taping which acts as a promotional tool and at the same time keeping everybody happy. This is my how I see things and this board can be a positive conduit for change.  I just had to get that off my chest.

I enjoy taping the breakfast cause they are great musicians and I love the music.  Glad you all enjoy the music, cause if nobody listened to it I probably would not record as much.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 05:22:54 pm »
Quote from: mvallo;253903
I enjoy taping the breakfast cause they are great musicians and I love the music.  Glad you all enjoy the music, cause if nobody listened to it I probably would not record as much.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I don\'t imagine it would be too difficult to add a select # of shows to the band\'s official website for download. And also have them buy-able through here, as this is a more relevant and probably looked-at source of info for Breakfast fans.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 09:53:55 am »
With so many wanker bands offering up their shows as HQ downloads, I am constantly surprised that the Breakfast does not offer up the same. I would buy everything!!

On another note, has anyone tried to convert these flacs to wav? I am just wondering if anyone else is having problems or is it just me? I still can\'t upload to the LMA, so I think it is me.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 10:22:30 am »
Quote from: frolfer;253924
With so many wanker bands offering up their shows as HQ downloads, I am constantly surprised that the Breakfast does not offer up the same. I would buy everything!!

On another note, has anyone tried to convert these flacs to wav? I am just wondering if anyone else is having problems or is it just me? I still can\'t upload to the LMA, so I think it is me.

What are you using to convert them? Try the free version of this: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Hope it helps!
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 10:51:43 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;253929
Quote from: frolfer;253924

What are you using to convert them? Try the free version of this: http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

Hope it helps!

I have been using the flac frontend, the webpage is called sourceforge or something like that. Maybe its outdated now if you can convert these files. I actually just realized that i have the trader\'s little helper that will do the conversion. If that doesn\'t work I will try this one you suggested. Thanks simpletwist!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 07:06:46 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;253905
Quote from: mvallo;253903

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I don\'t imagine it would be too difficult to add a select # of shows to the band\'s official website for download. And also have them buy-able through here, as this is a more relevant and probably looked-at source of info for Breakfast fans.

yes, yes, this is what I want, but all of the shows:)

Trader\'s little helper was able to convert the files to wav, but my resampling attempt did not go as well. I guess I\'ll just be satisfied listening to it on my computer. Thank you skiprince once again for taping and sharing.