Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 8559 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Dexter
« on: January 27, 2010, 03:41:00 pm »
awesome show, but i hear they may not do a season 5 because michael c. hall has a very treatable form of cancer.   that would truly suck after that epic season finale, but hes gotta do what hes gotta do.  anyone else here like this show ?
*Gia*

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
Dexter
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:43:17 pm »
one of the best shows on tv

books are also good, but not as good as the show

season 5 shouldn\'t have a bad guy, it should be all about dexter dealing with his demons, his sister finds out about what he really does at night, and hes got 3 kids to raise somehow and keep it all together
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Dexter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 06:28:09 pm »
I still like watching the show, but it seems like the past season or two has been lots of filler and fluff.  Seems a lot of shows run low on ideas after a couple seasons, i.e. Breaking Bad, ****s,
♥♫∞

dannybiscuits

Dexter
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:08:06 pm »
Quote from: cannontrip;251544
I still like watching the show, but it seems like the past season or two has been lots of filler and fluff.  Seems a lot of shows run low on ideas after a couple seasons, i.e. Breaking Bad, ****s,

I would disagree that the last season or two has been lots of filler and fluff. I think that the writers for dexter do a great job at being patient and really developing characters in a slow meaningful way. You really get to know each of these characters, even the supporting ones. Instead of it being fluff it helps you get a better glimpse into dexters life. I love the way each season has progressed and would be devastated if they did not come back for another season.
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Dexter
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »
love the show

the past season finale was a shocker

but i have to agree that this season and some of last there there seems to be some meandering. i think they figure it out and correct it but some of it had me scratching my head a bit

the season with jimmy smitts had some of this as well.

still one of the best shows on tv.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Dexter
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 07:18:00 pm »
one of the reasons i love this series so much is because i dont feel like it has lost its punch or pace. every season has had awesome story lines, very unique to each other. last season may have been the best. i could understand arguments saying it was the worst. thats where i think it has been consistently solid. hall will be okay and dexter will be back eventually. maybe an extended hiatus will be good for the writers who have a tall task after last episode. great, great show imo.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
Dexter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 11:28:15 pm »
Quote from: dannybiscuits;251548
Quote from: cannontrip;251544

I would disagree that the last season or two has been lots of filler and fluff. I think that the writers for dexter do a great job at being patient and really developing characters in a slow meaningful way. You really get to know each of these characters, even the supporting ones. Instead of it being fluff it helps you get a better glimpse into dexters life. I love the way each season has progressed and would be devastated if they did not come back for another season.

"developing characters in a slow meaningful way."  is what I meant by fluff/filler, I should have used a more descriptive term.  I like the action scenes where dexter is doing some crazy shit much more than the relationships between characters and associated turmoil.  Similar to how ****s was all about growing & dealing in the first two seasons, then moved toward something resembling a soap opera later on.
Regardless, I\'ll def be watching the next season.

"the past season finale was a shocker" - I agree!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 11:30:57 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Dexter
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 03:18:41 pm »
its funny cuz i watched the entire series of ****s like Dexter.. within 2 months. I just mowed through On Demand for both, and didn\'t have the buildup between each season. maybe the waiting and expectations ruin some of the enjoyment of shows, cuz i think both have been great straight through. had i watched from the beginning i might have a different feeling. who knows, but i think there\'s something to it.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash