Author Topic: LOST season 6 news and discussion  (Read 29912 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
LOST season 6 news and discussion
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 07:52:23 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;251871
I have never watched this show before, but as an avid sci-fi fan, I have been told I really should. The guy who directed the new star trek is the same guy that does this show, right?

I plan on watching it tonight cold-feet, knowing nothing about the show or the history. Is that a good idea, or should I do some research? What am I in for?

just watch an episode every day for the next few months (it will be easier than it sounds). by the time the finale rolls around, you can enjoy it with everybody else.

plus, when you think about seeing the pilot the same night as the final season premier, it\'s, like, way cosmic man

but seriously...just starting watching now from the beginning. it\'ll be worth it.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2010, 11:12:11 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;251853
i heard [spoiler]your mom[/spoiler] is [spoiler]a whore[/spoiler]

w00t! starts tomorrow. honestly it kind of crept up on me. february 2010 sounded like such a long time away in october.

i don\'t want to brag, but my spoilers were 100% on

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 08:13:56 am »
point raised at work:

if in alternate timeline (plane lands 2004) hurley is the luckiest man alive / millionare,

how? The numbers were not being broadcast from the island since the island was underwater, so the guy stationed in the south pacific hurley met in the assilem never heard the broadcase, so hurley never would have heard and played the numbers. How did he get his money?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 08:22:35 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;251934
point raised at work:

if in alternate timeline (plane lands 2004) hurley is the luckiest man alive / millionare,

how? The numbers were not being broadcast from the island since the island was underwater, so the guy stationed in the south pacific hurley met in the assilem never heard the broadcase, so hurley never would have heard and played the numbers. How did he get his money?

and why did he fly to australia in the first place if not to try to meet that guy??

i\'d be lying if i said i can figure it out based on the story line so far. that said, i bet they get to it eventually. lotsa questions to be asked

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 10:20:37 am »
Here\'s a question... is Sayid\'s body now a vessel for a reincarnated Jacob? As Locke\'s lookalike is a reincarnation of the guy in the blackshirt(i forget his name), aka The Smoke Monster/Jacob\'s opposite.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 10:22:39 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 10:58:48 am »
someone at work suggested that also. My only argument is that it could be but isn\'t. Remember, before sayid came back, they "prepaired the defenses" by laying ash all around the temple. That means the smoke monster shouldn\'t have been able to get in and take possesion of sayid.

seriously though, how freaked out did richard look when the flair went up?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 11:03:58 am »
A lot of clues are in this picture.  Just look closely.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 02:23:38 pm »
Are Hurley and Claire holding hands? or Is the flowers just blocking the view?
Where to next?

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 04:15:37 pm »
They\'re holding hands and she\'s holding a bouquet.  Nuff said.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 04:15:58 pm »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;251951
Here\'s a question... is Sayid\'s body now a vessel for a reincarnated Jacob? As Locke\'s lookalike is a reincarnation of the guy in the blackshirt(i forget his name), aka The Smoke Monster/Jacob\'s opposite.

here\'s the thing about that.  the monster doesn\'t actually inhabit the body of the dead person as we saw with locke.  if jacob did this monster style, he\'d appear as sayid but sayid\'s deceased body would still exist.
Postcount +1.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 06:27:50 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;251988
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;251951

here\'s the thing about that.  the monster doesn\'t actually inhabit the body of the dead person as we saw with locke.  if jacob did this monster style, he\'d appear as sayid but sayid\'s deceased body would still exist.

this is true. I did entertain that for a moment... what struck me as odd with this whole debacle is Mile\'s reaction at one point while Sayid was supposedly "dead".  I couldn\'t tell whether he got something from Sayid\'s spirit... or that he didn\'t feel anything, meaning he wasn\'t really dead yet.
Where to next?

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 08:37:55 am »
Quote from: Wolfman;251956
A lot of clues are in this picture.  Just look closely.

Here\'s an alternate take to this picture... I\'m not sure of the significance of both takes, but I\'d love to hear some thoughts. Might make the workday pass by quicker!

Where to next?

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 10:53:16 am »
claire and miles switched places.... whats up with that?
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 11:10:28 am »
Sun and Ben switched too... and everyone is looking at Locke or fLocke in the second one but the first one it\'s like the viewer interrupted their dinner conversation and they all looked up to see who it is... anyway, just some food for thought and discussion.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 11:13:10 am by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2010, 11:16:10 am »
Quote from: simpletwistupdon;252055

This alternate pose was obviously a nod to "The Last Supper" painting... They probably took the other pic after as to remove any religious overtones...  That being said, I haven\'t watched one episode of this show...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen