Author Topic: LOST season 6 news and discussion  (Read 29917 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
LOST season 6 news and discussion
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 02:14:00 pm »
i always read the spoilers. if anything, it will help me understand what the f is going on in this show.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 02:19:57 pm »
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!  

All of the following questions have been answered "Yes."

[Spoiler]
- do Jack and Sawyer have another fistfight and/or shouting match in the aftermath of the bomb?
- Do we get to see the smoke monster in the premiere ?
- Will we see Jacob in the premiere?
- Will we see the \'real\' John Locke alive and well?
- Do Kate and Sawyer interact/talk to each other at all?
- Will there be an appearance by someone or something that will shock any avid, spoiler consuming Lost fan?
- Will Desmond be in the premier?
- Will there be a surprising twist in the episode or a "jump the shark" moment made by the producers?
- does the smoke-monster kill or "judge" anyone?
- Will we get further insight into Jacob/MIB, (Other than the spoilers about MIB = Monster and wanting to go home) and/or the workings of their relationship?
- Will Richard appear in the premiere?
- do Jack/kate talk /have a meaningful scene for them in the premiere on island?
- Will Juliet\'s story come to a conclusion in the premiere??
- Is Flocke seen as an impostor by the people outside the statue?
- Does Hurley talk to more dead people?
- Will we see alive Juliet in the premiere?
- Does Bram die in the premiere?
- Do we see some tail section losties in the premiere, e.g. Cindy, Zach, Emma? I mean on the island, not alt reality!
- Do we get some new information about the smoke monster?
- Since the people outside the foot know it\'s Flocke, is there an altercation when he emerges?
- after 815 landed in the ALT, will Sawyer be somehow involved in Kates\' escape from the marshall?
- Do we find out why Jacob gave Hurley the Ankh in the premiere?
- Is Ben remorseful in the premiere for his act of \'\'killing\'\' Jacob??
- Does Charlie have a significant role in the premiere?
- Does the 77 losties end up being killed/abducted/judged by someone/entity in the 1977 timeline ?
- Is Jacob dead for good?
- Does the first scene of L AX take place in a time period other than 1977 or 2007?
- Is it revealed that Smokey is MIB in the premiere?
- Does Flocke/Smoke Monster kill Bram?
- Were you, as a LOST fan, more confused than ever by the end of the premiere?
- Is there any talk or hint of Jacob coming back to life in some form or another?
- Does Sawyer kiss Juliet goodbye?
- Does Sawyer kiss Juliet on the lips?
- Was it awesome?
- Is the opening sequence/teaser on board flight 815?
- Does Sun have a significant role during the Premiere?
[/spoiler]

The following questions have been answered "No."
 [spoiler]
- In the new/alt timeline, do any of these people--Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley, Jin, or Sun--have a gut feeling or directly remember that they should know each other?
- Does any character from the plane ( flight 815 ) sees the statue by himself ?
- Will we see Miles in the alt reality in the season premiere?
- Will we find out who Jacob was referring to when he said "They\'re coming" at the end of season 5?
- Did the hydrogen bomb/plutonium core detonate/explode?
- Is Ben Linus passenger of 815?
- Do we see Daniel Faraday in the Season Premiere?
- Does Ana-Lucia appear in the premiere?
- Is there a shocking cliffhanger at the end of "LA X" (1&2) episode?
- Are Charlie and Claire having any contact in the ATL?
- As Desmond is on the plane, Will he be acting like, he is not supposed to be there?
- Does Mr. Eko Appear in the Premiere?
- Will we see anything about the DeGroots and their connection to any of this (concerning just one of them or both of them) in the premiere?
- Does Christian\'s coffin disappear while the plane is in the air?
- Will we find out how things unfolded to leave us with an alive locke ( as in from MIB / Smokeys point of view )... ?
- Do we see Jack as a leader in the premiere, like in the Pilot ?
- Will we see the original MIB actor (the one on the beach with Jacob) in the premiere?
- Do we get to see the \'magic box\'?
- Do Jack and Kate kiss in the premiere?
- do we find out what "home" refers to for MIB
- In S1 Kate and Jack saved Charlie together... Will Kate be involved in the scene where Jack saves Charlie in the alt timeline?
- Does the actions of our Losties in alt-timeline have an effect to things/actions that happen on the Island?
- Will we see where the upper part of the statue is (after it was destroyed)?
- In the immediate aftermath of the incident at the Swan will we see the Dharma people again, Like Horace, Radzinsky, Phil, Chang?
- Is Shannon in the season premier ( because Maggie Grace is credited as Shannon on "LAX" on imdb.com )?
- Do we hear the real name of MIB in this episode, or alternately do people that possibly know him such as Richard or Illana refer to him as anything?
- Do we learn what Frank is a candidate for?
- Does Desmond who takes flight 815 recognize the Losties in the alt timeline (does he remember the events in the original timeline) ???
- Will Sawyer have to do something to ease Juliet\'s pain (e.g. kill her himself)?
- Does season 6 start with a song playing, a la most of the other season premieres?
- By the end of the episode, are the 1977 losties back in 2007?
- On the island, does Richard talk to anyone about the Incident?
- Do we see Juliet in the ALT-timeline?
- Does it become clear by the end of the premiere that what exactly the alternate timeline(or whatever it is) actually is?
- Is Walt mentioned/alluded to in the episode?
- Do we get to see the outrigger scene from the point of view of whoever was chasing our heroes in S5?
- Is the first thing we see an Eye opening like Seasons 1-3?
- You have said that MIB and SmokeY are one and the same, but do we find out whether Richard is the MIB?
- Are we told how the electromagnetic anomaly/incident is resolved or stopped if the bomb did not explode?
- Do we learn any new information about who Jacob is?
- Is it suggested (or revealed) that MIB or Jacob are affiliated with pirates or the Black Rock?
- Do Sawyer, Kate, Jack, or Hurley appear to die in the two-hour premiere?
- Do we learn the significance of Jacob "touching" the losties in "The incident"
- Its Sawyer going to kiss Kate?
- Does Desmond remember people from Flight 815?
- Do we get to see who it was that got shot in the outrigger boat while shooting at Locke and co. during the premier?
- Do we see Vincent on Island ?
- Do we see Flocke/MIB do anything in the present (2007) timeline (such as kill or injure or transform to scare lol! etc) in smoke form?
- Does Juliet somehow appear to be another \'entity\' in the scene before she dies?
- does Kate escape the marshall by pretending to be "nice"/seductive? (as opposed to slip away unnoticed in a bathroom or physically attacking him outright?)
- Do we see Flocke / MIB turn in to Smokie?
- Is Smokey involved in Juliet\'s death scene?
- Is Kate going to kiss someone at the premiere?
- Do we get to see The Swan hatch?
- Does Hurley use the Ankh to talk to Jacob?
- Do we see any of the charachters showing knowledge about past/future/ALT events they aren\'t supposed to know?
[/spoiler]
Postcount +1.

GLuft3

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 08:43:25 pm »
Jim, are these spoilers all for the premiere episode next week, or for the whole season?  I can hold off until Tuesday night.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 08:49:57 pm »
spoilers BLOW!!!  You can do it George, just walk away...

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 09:25:22 pm »
i heard [spoiler]your mom[/spoiler] is [spoiler]a whore[/spoiler]

w00t! starts tomorrow. honestly it kind of crept up on me. february 2010 sounded like such a long time away in october.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

GLuft3

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 12:29:56 am »
Woo hoo!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 08:48:17 am »
love that the premier is on groundhog\'s day. are we in for some sort of "reliving the past" episode ala bill murray?

if they introduce needlenose ned as a LOST character i will be blown away

BING

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 08:56:57 am »
Quote from: zuke583;251866
love that the premier is on groundhog\'s day. are we in for some sort of "reliving the past" episode ala bill murray?

BING

haha!

I was looking forward to doing a LOST season debut party, but I\'m currently fighting the flu bug.  Can\'t wait for tonight...

So is it going to just be a 2-hour premiere or will there also be a season 1-5 recap like previous years?
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 09:07:35 am »
Quote from: NickNels;251868
Quote from: zuke583;251866

BING

haha!

I was looking forward to doing a LOST season debut party, but I\'m currently fighting the flu bug.  Can\'t wait for tonight...

So is it going to just be a 2-hour premiere or will there also be a season 1-5 recap like previous years?

i believe there\'s a recap at 8 and a two hour premier at 9. i really need the recap. i\'m so psyched that i\'ll be able to DVR every LOST episode so that I don\'t have to sit through those commercials

the episode title for tonight: [spoiler]LA X parts 1 and 2. i\'m so intrigued by the space between the A and the X in that title.[/spoiler]

tyzack

• http://
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 10:30:14 am »
I have never watched this show before, but as an avid sci-fi fan, I have been told I really should. The guy who directed the new star trek is the same guy that does this show, right?

I plan on watching it tonight cold-feet, knowing nothing about the show or the history. Is that a good idea, or should I do some research? What am I in for?
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39:43 am »
Quote from: tyzack;251871
I have never watched this show before, but as an avid sci-fi fan, I have been told I really should. The guy who directed the new star trek is the same guy that does this show, right?

I plan on watching it tonight cold-feet, knowing nothing about the show or the history. Is that a good idea, or should I do some research? What am I in for?

JJ Abrahms does LOST and Fringe...both great shows IMO.

He also did Cloverfield and Star trek.

LOST is probably my favorite "drama" series of all time.  It is amazing where it takes you from season 1 to season 5.  As an "avid sci-fi fan" you would be doing yourself a disservice by jumping in now.  YOU MUST see all the seasons before you get to 6.  You will either A) spoil it for yourself or B) be completely L O S T

Besides, if you start with season 1 now you will be hooked in no time.  I\'m sure you will catch up on the episodes very quicky...and you\'ll get to watch them with no commercials taboot!  Worst part of LOST is waiting week to week for new episdoes (especially when they take a week off).  Luckily, if you start from the beginning you won\'t have to deal with any of this!  Do yourself a favor and start season 1 tonight.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 10:50:03 am »
if you have a netflix account you can watch all past seasons online for free.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 03:01:03 pm »
Tyzack, I could not agree with NickNels anymore than the way he put it. I started watching it live at the beginning of season 4, prior to that I watched the first 3 seasons in about 2 weeks to catch up for the premiere of season 4.  It would be better to know how it begins than how its ends right now.
Where to next?

GLuft3

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 06:38:52 pm »
Another vote for catching up. Maria and I did it last year.  We got seasons 1-4 on DVD from Netflix--3 at a clip, and then watched tvtorrent versions for season 5.  We caught up just in time for the season finale.  And then had to wait 8 months for the final season.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 07:22:08 pm »
siked
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside