Author Topic: OchoCinco actually plans to play.  (Read 6975 times)

MakisupaCJ

• I am MagnumMan
OchoCinco actually plans to play.
« on: January 06, 2010, 08:20:43 am »
Ochocinco apparently "hurt" his knee before this past Sundays game against the Jets and now hes planning to play again. The guys a NFL superstar who makes a sal cap of 4.87 million dollars for catching a pig skinned ball. Also, after the Jets shit on the Bengals 37-0.. Finaly making it into the playoffs in god knows how long. I think it\'s pathetic that the Bengals are trying to say that they gave the win to the Jets... and as for Ochocinco... I love the guys sense of humor, but he\'s a bitch.

I forgot to add that he\'s making 4.87 million, but he sits out of a game because of a bruised knee.... way overpaid.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 08:20:43 am by MakisupaCJ »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 08:37:06 am »
Quote from: MakisupaCJ;250059
Ochocinco apparently "hurt" his knee before this past Sundays game against the Jets and now hes planning to play again. The guys a NFL superstar who makes a sal cap of 4.87 million dollars for catching a pig skinned ball. Also, after the Jets shit on the Bengals 37-0.. Finaly making it into the playoffs in god knows how long. I think it\'s pathetic that the Bengals are trying to say that they gave the win to the Jets... and as for Ochocinco... I love the guys sense of humor, but he\'s a bitch.

I forgot to add that he\'s making 4.87 million, but he sits out of a game because of a bruised knee.... way overpaid.

I\'m a Jets fan and even I know that the bengals did not come to play last week.  Personally, I don\'t like Chad Johnson and think that it\'s stupid that the league let him change his name to Ochocinci; it reminds me of the Friend\'s episode where one of of them change their name to Banana Hammack...  The Jets were in the playoffs in \'06... I hope the boys come to play because it would be great to see them actually get some respect...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 09:06:03 am »
you know how i know yoda\'s gay?

he watches friends.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:19:13 am »
You\'re right, only women and gay men watched friends...  Why don\'t you also call me an old man because I like to watch Everybody Loves Raymond and a kid because I like to watch Star Wars...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

MakisupaCJ

• I am MagnumMan
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 09:57:41 am »
I\'m a Jets fan as well, but no one just throws a game like that this late into the season. Also Chad bet his name on the game that if he lost he would change his name back to Johnson. SAo why throw it?

peaches626

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 12:22:53 pm »
and yoda, im pretty sure the US government allowed Ochocinco to change his name...  I dont think the NFL has any say over what a persons name is.  They just sell the shirts.
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 12:47:54 pm »
I just think the name is pretty fucking stupid... That\'s the sort of ego that the NFL breeds in it\'s players...  I would have loved to see the look on his parents face when he said I\'m going to change my last name to Ochicinco...

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 01:44:34 pm »
Ochocinci, Ochicinco... which one is it Yoda? Maybe you have a problem with it because you struggle placing your i\'s and o\'s. ;)
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:47:42 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;250082
I just think the name is pretty fucking stupid... That\'s the sort of ego that the NFL breeds in it\'s players...  I would have loved to see the look on his parents face when he said I\'m going to change my last name to Ochicinco...

personally I find the guy to be pretty funny.

I wish more people had a sense of humor like his.

I would imagine that if you raised your kid to have that kind of a sense of humor the parents are probably pretty close behind. And if you really think about it he is a marketing genius. I didn\'t know who Chad Johnson was, but I have certainly heard of ocho cinco. Hell the Rangers have a Chad Johnson and we call him ocho cinco.

Plus it is just a name. He can always pay to change his name back.

Football is just a game. It should be fun.

If they really want to do something they should penalize the stupid flexing and showboating after a routine tackle / catch
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 03:37:57 pm »
I have to agree. Although I\'m glad he\'s unique. If there were "a lot" more people with his sense of humor that took things as far as him, these type of antics would become less interesting and fun. But for me, with the price you pay to watch pro athletes these days, I need me some good entertainment to facilitate athleticism. That\'s why I enjoy Around The Horn and PTI, they basically turn sports into dramatic reality shows which (for me) makes every event that much more exciting. Sure, at times shit can get out of hand and exhausting, but in general I like anything controversial in sports.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

MakisupaCJ

• I am MagnumMan
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 07:41:53 pm »
There\'s no doubt that if Jenkins was still on the field along with Leon Washington, the Jets would be heading to the Superbowl.

TeddyT

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 09:13:51 pm »
Yoda, do you have a problem with Cassius Clay changing his name to Mohammed Ali? Or Ricardo Valenzuela to Richie Valens? Or Karol Józef Wojtyła to Pope John Paul II? Or better yet, your wife changing her name to DeBlock? I don\'t mean to sounds like an ass, but it just seems to me that you hate the fact that the brotha is practicing his legal rights.

Chad Ochocinco is a great player who doesn\'t drink or do drugs. He also makes his team better by being in the field. Sports are supposed to be entertaining and he is very entertaining to watch. He is ok in my book.

Let\'s go PATS!!!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 06:07:57 am »
Quote from: TeddyT;250138
Yoda, do you have a problem with Cassius Clay changing his name to Mohammed Ali? Or Ricardo Valenzuela to Richie Valens? Or Karol Józef Wojtyła to Pope John Paul II? Or better yet, your wife changing her name to DeBlock? I don\'t mean to sounds like an ass, but it just seems to me that you hate the fact that the brotha is practicing his legal rights.

Chad Ochocinco is a great player who doesn\'t drink or do drugs. He also makes his team better by being in the field. Sports are supposed to be entertaining and he is very entertaining to watch. He is ok in my book.

Let\'s go PATS!!!!

- Cassius Clay did it for religious reasons
- Richard Valenzeula changed his name on the record which many artists do.  I see no account that he legally changed his name
- Karol Józef Wojtyła changed his name because all Popes need to take a religious name when they take up the post

Chad Johnson changed his name to Ocho Cinco during a practice in \'06 and Palmer ripped the name off the jersey...  I can see if there is a reason for it, but him doing it is like me changing my name to Ryan Jaws because I like the movie Jaws...

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 07:26:01 am »
Quote from: Yoda;250156
Quote from: TeddyT;250138

Let\'s go PATS!!!!

- Cassius Clay did it for religious reasons
- Richard Valenzeula changed his name on the record which many artists do.  I see no account that he legally changed his name
- Karol Józef Wojtyła changed his name because all Popes need to take a religious name when they take up the post

Chad Johnson changed his name to Ocho Cinco during a practice in \'06 and Palmer ripped the name off the jersey...  I can see if there is a reason for it, but him doing it is like me changing my name to Ryan Jaws because I like the movie Jaws...

Which is your right to do so. No one cares what you think. I don\'t mean that negatively but I serious doubt Chad Ochocinco gives a flying fuck what anyone thinks. Last I checked, we Americans still had some rights.

Why do you even care what this dude does? At least he ain\'t out there waving guns and doing drugs like 99% of the other spoiled millionaire thugs.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 08:25:30 am »
Honestly it doesn\'t mean anything to me and if they weren\'t playing the Jets this weekend and he wasn\'t running his mouth, it probably wouldn\'t be an issue... Personally, I saw the name change as a media grab...  Just as it\'s rumored that he\'s going to change his last name again to Hachi Go (85 in Japanese)...  If I was the Bengals management, I would change his number to 86 or 87...

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/133371-ochocinco-considering-new-name?eref=fromSI