Author Topic: any chance of kung fu opening for bfast on nye?  (Read 5266 times)

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
any chance of kung fu opening for bfast on nye?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 07:16:25 pm »
I think it\'s good.  The difference between streaming a show and being there is huge, I dont think people would rather watch at home then be there.  They "stream" all NFL games on television, and the stadium is always packed.

I think streaming shows is great, get to see a show you otherwise wouldn\'t.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 07:43:45 pm »
Especially on New Year\'s Eve, nobody is going to choose to sit around and watch a webcast if going to the show is an option. You\'ll get people who put the webcast on in the background for house parties, and some folks in other time zones (who wouldn\'t be at the show anyway) watching for a bit before they go out.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 08:31:37 pm »
plenty of people will watch the replay though, and live taping makes that available.

Ken, choice #1 all the way.  #2 doesn\'t really matter if it is true.  for example, I have a Monday night class in Burlington that I can\'t skip, the only way I can see Kung Fu is through these streams.  While watching the live stream is infinitely better than nothing, it will never replace the physical experience of being there.  It doesn\'t stop people from going, and it gets people like me even more interested in these side projects.  I def plan on catching some of these shows if they continue into the new year; much thanks to video ninja KEN RAFLOWITZ!
♥♫∞

GLuft3

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 09:13:40 pm »
are you coming down for NYE, cannontrip?
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:53 pm »
I\'m putting 100% effort into attending NYE.  I would say I\'m def going but between dec-jan I\'m graduating, finishing probation, and moving from VT to NJ.  Though I\'m quite determined to make it to Daniel Street, and contribute another taping source ;).
♥♫∞

GLuft3

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 11:04:06 pm »
Hope you can.

stublatt

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:03 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;247902
plenty of people will watch the replay though, and live taping makes that available.

Ken, choice #1 all the way.  #2 doesn\'t really matter if it is true.  for example, I have a Monday night class in Burlington that I can\'t skip, the only way I can see Kung Fu is through these streams.  While watching the live stream is infinitely better than nothing, it will never replace the physical experience of being there.  It doesn\'t stop people from going, and it gets people like me even more interested in these side projects.  I def plan on catching some of these shows if they continue into the new year; much thanks to video ninja KEN RAFLOWITZ!

Pretty much agree.  I am a HUGE fan of this Kung Fu project, but unfortunately will not be able to make it down there every Monday.  I tapped in to Matt\'s webcast this past Monday (thanks again for that), because I really needed to see how they would follow up the madness of week 1.  And the boys did not disappoint!!! But it was obvious that there was a drop-off in attendance from the awesome 1st show.  It certainly wasn\'t due to either a lack of quality sounds or a lack of a buzz that was created from week 1\'s energy levels.  I (and I\'m sure many others, including the band) left Stella Blues that 1st Monday knowing that I had been part of something real special.  
  There can be a number of reasons why the drop-off (some the usual stuff - \'Mondays are tough\'  -  \'there gonna be there every week, I\'ll eventually get back down there\'  -  \'I just went out to see The Breakfast twice over the holiday weekend, I need to re-group\', etc, etc).  But I can pretty much guarantee you that it had nothing to do with Matt putting the show online.  There were between 20 - 30 of us checking it out during the night (not huge numbers, but some pretty loyal fans), and I\'m pretty sure at least half of them do not live in southern CT, so they really didn\'t have \'be there\' option.
  Bottom line - these 5 are accomplished monster musicians, and I\'m sure they would eventually like to move this project around to other larger venues, in and out of CT.  There needs to be a way to utilize the streaming technology to broaden the fan base - get the word out!!
  At the very least, these shows need to be taped and distributed online very soon after the performances.
  Bottom line - part 2 - If you can make it to Stella Blues on a Monday night for some live fusion, you are doing yourself a large favor!!!!!!

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 01:32:46 pm »
I was asking about live cast because Kung Fu didn\'t seem to happy with
people sitting home to watch them play their ass off.
Musicians like this work very hard at what they do, and their only hope for success in music
is if people show up to see them.

The first week was packed because it was a holiday party week and people go out more.
Last week wasn\'t bad for a Monday, but still room for more.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 02:30:44 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;247928
I was asking about live cast because Kung Fu didn\'t seem to happy with
people sitting home to watch them play their ass off.

DEEtZ please. sounds like a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. they want people to find out about this right?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

GLuft3

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 02:59:33 pm »
Is it official that there will be no more Kung Fu casts?

I think the video can only help.  If people are going to come out to a show, they\'re gonna come out to a show regardless of whether there\'s a video stream available.

As much as I\'d like to, I can\'t get out for every show I want to see.  Too many other obligations with work and family, etc.

The video should entice people to come.  Sitting at your computer watching it is one thing, but it just makes me want to be there.

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2009, 04:42:20 pm »
all the more reason for this to be recorded; the extraordinary efforts of these talents will NOT go unnoticed if there is video of it, regardless of whether the feed is live or not.  These guys deserve a big crowd for what they\'re doing [creating awesome new music]; however, many more people (including those in the industry/biz) will see the video, especially if it\'s promoted online.

Video taping most or all of the breakfast shows, and spreading the best ones could be great advertising for the band.  Which in turn gets & keeps people interested until b\'fast come to their area.  The youtube clips are great, but it would be nice to have downloadable dvds of the top breakfast shows, or an annual compilation of the year\'s best(?).  I realize this would take a lot of time and effort, but I\'d be willing to contribute what I can to the effort.  The Harper\'s and Crash Mansion dvds are professional looking, seems like those took a lot of work.  I\'m thinking more along the lines of taking what\'s being put on youtube and converting those to a basic dvd format, which should only create one extra step.
Just a random thought, any feasibility to this?

example: 11-01-08 DVD directly from youtube clips
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 04:50:15 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

GLuft3

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2009, 04:50:58 pm »
Back to the original topic: any idea what The McLovins are doing for NYE?  That would be a sweet combo!

Also, there was talk a while back about letting the fans loose on the lighting board.  Is this still a possibility?  Unless Mr. Ellis is gonna be in town, or some other pro, we\'ll need to do some advance work on it anyway.  Dobz...?

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2009, 04:54:04 pm »
I am a huge fan of the webcast. I made it to the first Kung Fu all the way from Chicago, and checked out the second installment on the webcast. I was able to expose about 15 new people at my buddies place with the second one (everyone loved it) and will continue to tune in if the webcasts continue. Its a great outlet for people far away to check out this band, but knowing that the first would be webcast did not stop my 15 hour drive to see it firsthand. Speaking of the Harper\'s and Crash DVD\'S...how the hell can I get a copy of each?

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2009, 05:16:36 pm »
Crash Mansion http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73898

Harper\'s Ferry  http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=73315

I think you have to join The Traders Den (.org) to download these dvds.

Quote from:  these DVDs are also available, but no one is seeding them!
The Breakfast 2008-07-13 Ridgefield, CT [w/ TLG]
The Breakfast 2007-09-27 Chicago, IL
The Breakfast 2006-02-04 Knitting Factory; New York, NY
The Breakfast 2006-03-31 Mogollon Brewing Company; Flagstaff, AZ
The Breakfast 2005-07-01 Toad\'s Place; New Haven, CT
Tim Palmieri & Adrian Tramontano (The Breakfast) 2006-01-14 Private Party @ Hotel TKA
The Breakfast (ACOUSTIC SHOW!) 2005-08-12 Acoustic Café; Bridgeport, CT
The Breakfast 2005-02-25 la Cocina; Pittsfield, MA
The Breakfast 2005-01-21 Sully\'s; Hartford, CT

I got these from a list of ChrisF\'s uploads, impressive!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:57:51 pm by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

dj dizzy k

• Breakfast connoisseur
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2009, 04:03:24 am »
Thanks cannontrip!