Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-11-28 - Crash Mansion; New York, NY  (Read 5064 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2009-11-28 - Crash Mansion; New York, NY
« on: November 29, 2009, 01:21:24 pm »
Set I: Jam > Great Big Fiery Ball In The Sky , Frankly Po Zest > Puppetry > Frankly Po Zest, Existential Funk, Honey Butter, Doughboy*

* with Jim Cobb on guitar

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 01:39:37 pm »
Tuna, after hearing my first Existential Funk last night I fully understand your passion for this tune! HOLY SHIT! I thought the guys played it with great intensity last night, really nailing the hard-hitting progressive parts. And Tim and Chris\' vocal exchange towards the end was just so beautiful, singing the "look a little bit harder/higher/closer this time" lines just a little bit out of sync with each other so that the singing created this amazing melody. Their voices sounded great together. Like I said, just beautiful.

The show as a whole was impressive, as it always is, with some sick jams throughout.

Crash Mansion is such a great venue, from a fan\'s perspective. It has a mad chill vibe, with leather couches, tables with little candles, stone walls that are dimly light, friendly bartenders, etc. And thank God they did away with that encasement Adrian played behind last time!!

The crowd last night was pretty good, too. The early start time was weird at first, but it was great to have people filtering INTO the show as the band was playing instead of people leaving b/c it\'s past midnight and they\'re just exhausted. I definitely liked the early start. BUT NEXT TIME THEY NEED TWO SETS!!!

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 01:55:00 pm »
Quote from: galenas;247474

Crash Mansion is such a great venue, from a fan\'s perspective. It has a mad chill vibe, with leather couches, tables with little candles, stone walls that are dimly light, friendly bartenders, etc. And thank God they did away with that encasement Adrian played behind last time!!

The crowd last night was pretty good, too. The early start time was weird at first, but it was great to have people filtering INTO the show as the band was playing instead of people leaving b/c it\'s past midnight and they\'re just exhausted. I definitely liked the early start. BUT NEXT TIME THEY NEED TWO SETS!!!

:that:  The open bar was nice too, even though it was only for their "house vodka" mixed drinks.  Overall, a nice atmosphere and I hope they play this place again (...TWO SETS of course!)  It was great seeing you, Diana, I\'m def looking forward to this coming weekend!  It was also a real treat to hear a GBFBITS.  I know a lot of .infoers aren\'t crazy about it, but it\'s just so damn fun!  Existential Funk is growing on me slowly too, I\'m sure it will keep getting better & better. :disco:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 02:49:27 pm »
Oh shoot! I should have taken my empty beer bottle to cash in.
Then my beer would have been $7.95 instead of $8.00!
Live and learn!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;247479
Oh shoot! I should have taken my empty beer bottle to cash in.
Then my beer would have been $7.95 instead of $8.00!
Live and learn!

bud light cans were only $4. good deal, esp for nyc.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 05:37:17 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;247475
 It was great seeing you, Diana, I\'m def looking forward to this coming weekend!  

heck yeah!! let\'s talk at some point about a game plan. remember to pack an extra strapless bra for me! :lol:

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 05:55:33 pm »
Bud light is horse piss! I\'d rather be broke!
Throw in an extra strapless bra for me also!

boombox

• SER Euro Fan
    • http://
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 06:45:27 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;247475  It was also a real treat to hear a GBFBITS.  I know a lot of .infoers aren\'t crazy about it, but it\'s just so damn fun!  Existential Funk is growing on me slowly too, I\'m sure it will keep getting better & better. :disco:[/QUOTE

Well, this.infoer thinks fOR a short set, that\'s a pretty damned good setlist - yes, I agree: GBFBITS IS FUN!!
Originally posted by leith
Our overseas grassroots coordinator boombox!!! The Breakfast is spreading worldwide :)

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 08:58:33 pm »
too much singing in GBFBITS for this dot infoer, but yeah, i agree it\'s a fun song.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 10:21:47 pm »
FPZ>Puppetry>FPZ was stupid good.  

stupid.
Postcount +1.

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 07:55:07 am »
Great little setlist here. Wish I could\'ve been there. Count me among the GBFBITS lovers, that and Epi 3 the night before would\'ve sent me into orbit!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:34:16 am by frolfer »
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 09:35:47 am »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;247501
FPZ>Puppetry>FPZ was stupid good.  

stupid.

yes it was. and doughboy was properly raged...well done! EFunk is starting to grow on me. nice show, but the 9 pm start was pretty bunk (as was the open bar). as for the venue, i\'d prefer sullivan hall (or anywhere that would allow an 11pm start and/or two sets)...feels like a better fit for them. i\'ll take breakfast in the city whenever though
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 02:17:44 pm »
Tuna, after hearing my first Existential Funk last night I fully understand your passion for this tune! HOLY SHIT!

Quote from: galenas;247499
too much singing in GBFBITS for this dot infoer, but yeah, i agree it\'s a fun song.

?????? So you don\'t like GBFBITS because of too much singing but you like EFunk?
Hmmm that\'s seems odd to me.
I guess because I think there is too much singing in EFunk.
:lol:
This band has something for everyone.
This band is ser rad.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 02:40:32 pm »
Quote from: leith;247531
Tuna, after hearing my first Existential Funk last night I fully understand your passion for this tune! HOLY SHIT!

Quote from: galenas;247499

?????? So you don\'t like GBFBITS because of too much singing but you like EFunk?
Hmmm that\'s seems odd to me.
I guess because I think there is too much singing in EFunk.
:lol:
This band has something for everyone.
This band is ser rad.

The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 04:24:42 pm »
this was my first time hearing efunk.  not sure how i feel about it yet.  but then again it\'s taken me a while to get into ALL the new material.  except metropolis.  i loved that shit immediately.

i want to hear that fpz>puppetry>fpz again.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:28:00 pm by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.