Author Topic: Beatles Remasters  (Read 1511 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Beatles Remasters
« on: January 12, 2010, 08:39:35 am »
I bought the remaster of Sgt. Pepper and was severely dissapointed... Yes, the audio sounded better, but the bass, drums and certain vocals were still split to one channel and the guitar and other vocals to the other channel... My hope was that if they actually took the time to digitize and remaster these gems, that they would be able to combine both channels into one and then duplicate it so that the same audio was in both the left and the right channels... That was the one thing I was excited about hearing but still have the same issue...  All I wanted to do was listen on my iPod at work w/ one bud in my ear and hear the full sound, not just half the audio...

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?  Am I out of my mind as usual?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 08:49:07 am »
your out of your mind...  The Beatles released both mono and stereo versions of these records.  Sounds like you want the mono versions.  These were some of the first stereophonic records ever and serious thought went into the sounds stage and audio panning.  You are not wrong in wanting a mono version.  Many people feel they are superior to the stereo offerings but you are wrong to expect the "remastered stereo" version to be anything but stereo.

decent explanation of why here:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2009/09/mono_or_stereo_help_2.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 08:49:07 am by krispy »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 08:55:53 am »
That makes sense.  Unfortunately, the mono discs weren\'t sold individually...  

Shows you how much I know... My understanding was that the mono version would only play through one channel...  Stupid me...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 08:56:45 am »
live and learn

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 09:00:27 am »
Either way, they haven\'t released the mono version in individual albums and I don\'t have almost $300 to buy the box set...

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 11:29:54 am »
i have the monos of every one of the releases and no am not uploading any of them.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 11:33:19 am »
I couldn\'t bring myself to D/L the Beatles when the links were up... They\'re one band that I would always pay to listen to...

dannybiscuits

Beatles Remasters
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 01:27:29 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;250649
i have the monos of every one of the releases and no am not uploading any of them.

That is hilarious.
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Beatles Remasters
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 02:37:13 pm »
Quote from: dannybiscuits;250666
Quote from: freddiewaht;250649

That is hilarious.

im glad somebody understands me..
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set