Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 14906 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2009, 06:28:49 pm »
Quote from: leith;246210
There are Breakfast fans that do not check in as much as most of us and for them to see new setlist notation which is pretty exclusive to the Disco Biscuits could be confusing and a turn-off if they think The Breakfast has suffered an influx of bisco kidz which caused such a change in setlist notation.

Yes...we don\'t want to turn-off the fans that already don\'t come to the shows

I see the setlist has been changed to the notation we as Breakfast fans are used to and I thank whoever did that.

You did it!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:31:14 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2009, 07:28:31 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;246192
Quote from: sąikidélik;246191
I wish i had an emoticon shaking his head. This is why the following is so sparse for the breakfast these days, cause everyone is worried they might turn out to be as big of a douche as you leith. What was the last show you even went to? They have put out multiple new albums and are writing awesome new song and all you can do is bash the new gen of bfams lingo. Get a life kid. Times are changing, and until i see you at a show, your just a hoo haa with a computer. no one wants to hear about the sand in your vagina.

I was at this show and i am sooooo pumped for the audio. Im hoping this rufus with rival the 11-30-07 rufus i listen to all the time. The n00bs i brought with me had a fuckin awesome time. i dont see how tonights show in RI could top last nights, but if anyone can do it, its the breakfast. wish i could go.

:no:

u know leith lives in san diego right?

i know he gets a little grumpy through the interwebs, but how many shows have any of us seen 3000 miles from home?  i know only a couple for me...

Quote from: Yoda;246193
I wish i had an emoticon shaking his head. This is why the following is so sparse for the breakfast these days, cause everyone is worried they might turn out to be as big of a douche as you leith. What was the last show you even went to? They have put out multiple new albums and are writing awesome new song and all you can do is bash the new gen of bfams lingo. Get a life kid. Times are changing, and until i see you at a show, your just a hoo haa with a computer. no one wants to hear about the sand in your vagina.

I was at this show and i am sooooo pumped for the audio. Im hoping this rufus with rival the 11-30-07 rufus i listen to all the time. The n00bs i brought with me had a fuckin awesome time. i dont see how tonights show in RI could top last nights, but if anyone can do it, its the breakfast. wish i could go.

Hey dude -
Don\'t call out a guy that\'s traveled from CA to see these guys...  Ask the question, when was the last time TB made it anywhere remotely close to CA and you\'ll have your answer as to when Leith was able to get to a show...  As for putting out multiple new albums, Live As Is the first in several years now and Existential Funk is the first new song since the days of Ostreicher...  So, since you\'ve proclaimed yourself a TB noob, learn the history of the band and the fans before you start bashing one of it\'s most loyal fans...

Thanks guys.

Quote from: NickNels;246216

I see the setlist has been changed to the notation we as Breakfast fans are used to and I thank whoever did that.

You did it!

No I believe the Breakfast\'s Official Archivist corrected the error.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 07:28:31 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2009, 07:55:37 pm »
Quote from: leith;246217
Quote from: peaches626;246192

:no:

u know leith lives in san diego right?

i know he gets a little grumpy through the interwebs, but how many shows have any of us seen 3000 miles from home?  i know only a couple for me...

Quote from: Yoda;246193

Hey dude -
Don\'t call out a guy that\'s traveled from CA to see these guys...  Ask the question, when was the last time TB made it anywhere remotely close to CA and you\'ll have your answer as to when Leith was able to get to a show...  As for putting out multiple new albums, Live As Is the first in several years now and Existential Funk is the first new song since the days of Ostreicher...  So, since you\'ve proclaimed yourself a TB noob, learn the history of the band and the fans before you start bashing one of it\'s most loyal fans...

Thanks guys.

I back what everyone else wrote. anyone who questions leith\'s adoration, love, and devotion to this band, never really read anything leith has written over the years, saw leith in the middle of new haven (when he lives in a much better time zone), and plain just doesn\'t comprehend the arguement he is trying to make here.  

sure leith can debate and argue over things, and you may not always agree with him,  but one thing is for sure, leith has shown his love for this band.  And if I turned out to be a "douche" like Leith or if I am one, I\'ll stand proud..... I think that made sense...

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2009, 08:05:37 pm »
Doesn\'t dyslexic imply that the ending is played? If they didn\'t play the ending of Gladys how is it dyslexic? How much of the "2nd half" of the song has to be played for it to be dyslexic?

(Kinda off topic, but I think it would be really fun to call this Pimp dyslexic since "dys" are the last three letters of Gladys. Plus it\'s a great idea for a shirt. Imagine going to a Mets game and seeing some fan wearing a jersey and on the back it says "Dyslexic Pimp" ? Yeah, that would probably be me.  

And yes, if there\'s songs in between parts, it can\'t be inverted right? That\'s what I was saying about the 10/27/07 See the Light earlier. So then this Gladys wasn\'t inverted or dyslexic, right? I think we should get an official ruling from an experienced trained professional on this! Haha

I don\'t really think the whole "end only" "inverted" etc. jargon should be limited to Bisco. I\'ve always thought it would be awesome if Phish did that kinda stuff. It makes things more interesting and exciting IMO. Not that the music needs it or anything, it obviously doesn\'t. But it enhances an already great thing I think.

Like if they did David Bowie > Stash ending or something like that. Come on now, that would be sick. This insane Bowie jam is going, then it takes another direction..... out of no where it starts to sound like a Stash like jam, and then comes the "Maybe So Maybe Not" part, into the ending. Then later in the show they play Stash from the beginning, jam it into something else. Or maybe start Stash from the beginning the next night, or 2 nights later. Or Do Stash > Bowie ending the same show. Crowd would love that shit. I don\'t care what anyone says, it would be insane. There\'s so many different wacky, crazy, awesome ideas you can come up with a creative (quasi-warped) mind!

Ok I\'ve ranted enough on this today. Whatever this segment is described as on here, it doesn\'t matter. I know how much it ruled face and created ownage in Southbridgeage and what a great idea it was. The show was absolutely amazing and I\'m just happy I was a part of it!

And I\'ll end this post by mentioning that if you google "inverted" something comes up about Inverted Nipple Surgery. So that obviously has to be the name of the next new song, so they can do an Inverted Inverted Nipple Surgery...

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2009, 08:32:24 pm »
tronz=serbiz
one of the best bfast shows i\'ve ever seen. I\'ll expand on that later.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

leith

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 08:38:07 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;246227
tronz=serbiz
one of the best bfast shows i\'ve ever seen. I\'ll expand on that later.

No No expand on it now. The error has been corrected so now,
SAVE THIS THREAD!

Oh and thanx Tray but don\'t think that\'s gonna go far in the NBA thread. ;)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 09:09:46 pm »
I didn\'t read all of this but adrian wrote it as

Gladys Jam> Score, Rufus > Wake Up in a Coma > Gladys  > Episode III.

When dangle asked him on it, he said "start with the jam section of gladys from the fill on, then later we go into the begining of gladys. When we reach the part where we would do the fill/jam, segway to eppy 3."
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2009, 12:52:07 pm »
Quote from: leith;246228

Oh and thanx Tray but don\'t think that\'s gonna go far in the NBA thread. ;)

i know it won\'t.  ;) especially since in their last game, the celts lost to the pacers.  an 8-3 season to start has me kind of quiet.

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2009, 02:44:00 pm »
I apologize. I feel like a douche and have never met you two so all my comments are merely immaturity. And the last thing i want to do is piss off the TB family. One of the nices groups of people i have ever met. Sorry leith and yoda. For the record im not a disco biscuits fan.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2009, 02:55:10 pm »
Dude - Stand by your convictions, you\'re starting to sound like me...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

leith

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2009, 03:18:38 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;246257
I apologize. I feel like a douche and have never met you two so all my comments are merely immaturity. And the last thing i want to do is piss off the TB family. One of the nices groups of people i have ever met. Sorry leith and yoda. For the record im not a disco biscuits fan.

Whoops sorry then. I lumped you in w/ the bisco kidz due to your defense of bisco notation in Breakfast setlists.
That\'s all I was ticked about and now that it has been corrected no worries.

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2009, 03:33:30 pm »
Leith.... so you\'re OK with "inverted" being used on Breakfast setlists but not "dyslexic"? You know inverted is used on Bisco setlists too right?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2009, 03:38:13 pm »
I\'m guessing that inverted is pretty much a universal term where dyslexic is a db term outside of the medical world...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

leith

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2009, 03:50:08 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;246263
Leith.... so you\'re OK with "inverted" being used on Breakfast setlists but not "dyslexic"? You know inverted is used on Bisco setlists too right?
uh yeah I do but.....
Quote from: Yoda;246264
I\'m guessing that inverted is pretty much a universal term where dyslexic is a db term outside of the medical world...
This^ and it\'s the term decided upon by the Breakfast\'s Archivist so the debate is over.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2009, 03:54:20 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;246264

:thumbsup:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising