Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 14889 times)

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 04:20:51 pm »
Quote from: peaches626;246188
i dunno what my opinion is on this whole notation thing,

but this show looks HOT!!!!

it sure was. i always love a dancey show, and sometimes i\'m a little disappointed when it\'s a mostly "rock" show...last night was not the case. opening jam was a highlight (as it usually is) and a mooboo\'s opener was definitely a treat. not a huge fan of the song synergy but its jams are usually pretty tight. tonight was no different. there was some p-funk rapping in the CMSS intro jam. a nice song, but bathroom break for me. existential funk has a bunch going on...need to hear it some more. seems like it has potential. second set was where shit got serious. opening with the end of gladys was a good way to get the crowd fired up immediately and they ripped through score, which, for me, is usually a song i don\'t get fired up about until i find myself slackjawed at the end of it. rufus>wake up>gladys>eppy3 is a sweet little sequence. it was as good as it looks. i\'m happy to hear those songs at any show i go to...especially when they\'re played as well as they were last night.

several times during the show this thought occurred to me (and it\'s obvious, but for some reason last night it really hit me): it\'s unbelievable how well these guys play these songs. the way they can slide from a composed section to a jam on the composition (not a full on jam, but just a few measures playing on the theme) back into a composed section...i don\'t hear that from any other band. like \'93-style phish. it really is a treat to see them so often. i\'m sure tonight will rage.
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 04:54:47 pm »
Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. I will grow old and not be able to make it to breakfast shows someday, but until then n00b me all you want. No one needs to hear the same bull shit everytime you miss a show. Obvously there is no winning with you old guys, so whatever. Times change and and you only get one chance to make any decision. Im 23, im sure if the breakfast travels 3000+ miles in the future and i can afford to go i will, and if i can\'t, i will be upset i didnt go. but i wont call people out for trying to build a lexicon language or get my panties in a bunch. They don\'t need this negativity. We are clearly never going to get along so dont expect to ever see the names leith or yoda in my posts. Im sure everyone loves hearing what you have to say about shows you couldnt get to. And i know he lives on the west coast. and the breakfast is an east coast band.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 04:59:55 pm by sąikidélik »

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 05:11:00 pm »
n00b it up, brotha!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2009, 05:15:31 pm »
at what point of gladys did they start?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2009, 06:00:42 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;246195
Excuses are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink. I will grow old and not be able to make it to breakfast shows someday, but until then n00b me all you want. No one needs to hear the same bull shit everytime you miss a show. Obvously there is no winning with you old guys, so whatever. Times change and and you only get one chance to make any decision. Im 23, im sure if the breakfast travels 3000+ miles in the future and i can afford to go i will, and if i can\'t, i will be upset i didnt go. but i wont call people out for trying to build a lexicon language or get my panties in a bunch. They don\'t need this negativity. We are clearly never going to get along so dont expect to ever see the names leith or yoda in my posts. Im sure everyone loves hearing what you have to say about shows you couldnt get to. And i know he lives on the west coast. and the breakfast is an east coast band.

Lexicon and language are the same fucking thing KID!
You and your piss ant bisco fuck friends are the ones INTRUDING on a language ALREADY IN USE!
WE DON\'T NEED ANY SHIT ASSOCIATED WITH THAT BISCO CRAP.

We\'ll take people that are open to the Breakfast but play by the rules we already have set up assholes!

As far as traveling 3000+ miles to see these guys.
Guess what?
I couldn\'t afford it but I did it anyway and dealt with the consequences.
As far as traveling anymore, I don\'t bitch about them not touring anymore so fuck right the hell off there.

I\'m sure your idiocy is merely due to your young age so I\'ll just stop right here.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2009, 06:07:38 pm »
there are some very serious rules around here! THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

*SETLIST ADDITION*: the gladys that opened the second set was preceded by a M.E.M.P.H.I.S. tease

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2009, 06:10:30 pm »
this isn\'t \'nam, smokey. this is bowling. there are RULES!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2009, 06:10:58 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;246204

*SETLIST ADDITION*: the gladys that opened the second set was preceded by a M.E.M.P.H.I.S. tease

:lol: that would just be so awesome.

leith

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2009, 06:12:11 pm »
Quote from: galenas;246205
this isn\'t \'nam, smokey. this is bowling. there are RULES!

\'xactly!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »
Quote from: galenas;246206

not kidding at all. ask the tmn8r

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2009, 06:13:54 pm »
I think it needs to be confirmed by band members if they want to use dyslexic notation (tmn8r, thatguy, chrislikesbass, sequia please step in here).

In my personal opinion it makes sense to use, but only if the band gives the ok will i use it.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

leith

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2009, 06:20:28 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;246209
I think it needs to be confirmed by band members if they want to use dyslexic notation (tmn8r, thatguy, chrislikesbass, sequia please step in here).

In my personal opinion it makes sense to use, but only if the band gives the ok will i use it.

This really has nothing to do with them as they\'ll probably tell whoever wants to ask them.

It has EVERYTHING to do with the way Breakfast setlists have been denoted for years.

There are Breakfast fans that do not check in as much as most of us and for them to see new setlist notation which is pretty exclusive to the Disco Biscuits could be confusing and a turn-off if they think The Breakfast has suffered an influx of bisco kidz which caused such a change in setlist notation.

I see the setlist has been changed to the notation we as Breakfast fans are used to and I thank whoever did that.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2009, 06:23:39 pm »
how can they invert a song if they split it up? that doesn\'t make any sense! I AM OUTRAGED! SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2009, 06:24:28 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;246208
Quote from: galenas;246206

not kidding at all. ask the tmn8r

He did say there was a M.E.M.P.H.I.S. tease b4 Gladys, but it was just the first few chords very quickly.  3 seconds at most

Quote from: Vassillios;246209

I don\'t really think the band cares...i\'m surprised people on this board care so much.  I guess that\'s what happens when I am (partially) credited with set list post.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

leith

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2009, 06:26:25 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;246211
how can they invert a song if they split it up? that doesn\'t make any sense! I AM OUTRAGED! SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

Makes sense to Breakfast fans but maybe not so much in the addled mind of a bisco kid.