Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 14846 times)

TeddyT

Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 02:44:34 pm »
Setlist looks like a tasty B\'fast treat filled with exquisite sandwiches. Wish I could\'ve been there.

Quote from: Yoda;246130
What the fuck is this Dyslexic shit?

Is this the first use of the term dyslexic as part of an official B\'fast setlist? When are we going to use the term "retahted". I could have used that to describe the "Rush" played at Red Square on 10-23-09.
Quote from: galenas;244968
I: Jam* > Sleeping Beauty, Reel Time, Great Big Fiery Ball in the Sky > Puppetry, Phaddy Boom Baddy, Pygme Twylyte > Taboo or Not Taboot, Rush#, Living Daylights**, Buquebus

* with Steve Molitz
** new version
# retahted
Thanks to FieryBill for the setlist!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 02:48:36 pm »
Ahh, good night to get slammed with the flu. Shoulda got my shots! :P

My 2 cents on "dyslexic"... I don\'t feel this is a term that belongs on Breakfast setlist notation. Nick and others, I have no problem with the definition. It\'s obvious what it means. However, it\'s also setlist notation that is unique to Disco Biscuits.

In the world of PB we have always enjoyed sandwiches for Breakfast and songs have been "inverted" (which is the proper notation for such) as long as I can remember.

The fact is Breakfast already has a little tradition here, and by putting "dyslexic" instead of "inverted" it just looks like they want to copy Biscuits. Until the band announces this as official policy I see no reason to change the well established notation.

Just as Biscuits don\'t have Space City Affairs and only Umphrey\'s has "Jimmy Stewarts", "dyslexic" is a term that only applies to Disco Biscuits.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 02:49:24 pm »
if you went to the show you wouldn\'t need such a thorough review. I personally have only been to around 40 shows, i am certainly still a n00b by bfam standards, but last night was in my top 3, and im glad i can brag i was there. Epic rufus, Absurd mooboos, and every song was played equally as hard as the last. Great builds, peaks that exceeded peaks, and so much timmy walking the bottom of the fret board you could see all the ladies panties getting wet. I don\'t want to hear that someone has been to a better show then me because hey, you probably have. but no one should have missed last night. I drove 3 hours from new Hampshire with a full car, whats your excuse? Everyone should be required to bring a virgin to any show they attend. and i am not talking about tight vagina. although...

Lastly, i have never been to a biscuits show nor have i ever posted on their forum or read a set list, and i still think dyslexic fits what happened last night. anyone who could have predicted any song in succession last night would have to be dyslexic.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 02:55:14 pm by sąikidélik »

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 02:50:40 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;246163
inverted sandwich?  What does that even mean?

When a song is inverted it is played ending first, immediately followed by the songs beginning.  Gladys\' ending last night was played first...the beginning of the song came later in the set.

Dyslexic:

Basically, a song is considered dyslexic if it is broken up, similar to an inverted version, but the song structure is played out of order or not immediately following each other. The band might play the end of a song in the first set, then start off the second set with the beginning. This would be considered a dyslexic version of the song.

Anyway, like it or not, dyslexic is the most accurate description.

Well for years the fans of this band have been calling any time a song was started and then bailed on with songs played inbetween and then back to the bailed song a sandwich.

When a song has been started with the ending it has been called inverted.

Pretty fucking simple to figure out.
Adding dyslexic to the breakfast setlist notation lexicon is both redundant and idiotic.

As for your example of splitting the song among the end and start of sets well no that would actually still be an inverted version according to your definition as the music that is played immediately after the end is the beginning.

There are no songs played by the band during setbreak.

Can you see how your new and improved notation can be more confusing than the simple notation we already have?

bisco kidz are funny
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 02:53:33 pm »
As for Gladys, I would argue that since they did the Gladys Last Verse (Tim saying Gladys Pimp and Kanagaroos with me...) > Gladys Jam > Score without the Gladys ending, then did the beginning through the "Take No Shit" segment, it wasn\'t really dyslexic. Anyone who knows Bisco knows Confrontation for example as a song they do dyslexic often. For example, the ending of Confrontation is played, then later in the show they do the beginning through the jam..... 6/26/07 for example (Tractorbeam). I know Gladys is a song they normally don\'t end, they just jam into something else, but check 2/28/09 for example, the encore at The Field, full version with ending.

Sometimes I see on Phantasy Bisco "mid only" or "first verse only" or whatever, so I would argue that this setlist should be labeled Gladys (last verse only) > Jam > Score, then Rufus > Coma > Gladys (beg > mid) > Eppy 3....

leith

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 02:54:36 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;246167
Ahh, good night to get slammed with the flu. Shoulda got my shots! :P

My 2 cents on "dyslexic"... I don\'t feel this is a term that belongs on Breakfast setlist notation. Nick and others, I have no problem with the definition. It\'s obvious what it means. However, it\'s also setlist notation that is unique to Disco Biscuits.

In the world of PB we have always enjoyed sandwiches for Breakfast and songs have been "inverted" (which is the proper notation for such) as long as I can remember.

The fact is Breakfast already has a little tradition here, and by putting "dyslexic" instead of "inverted" it just looks like they want to copy Biscuits. Until the band announces this as official policy I see no reason to change the well established notation.

Just as Biscuits don\'t have Space City Affairs and only Umphrey\'s has "Jimmy Stewarts", "dyslexic" is a term that only applies to Disco Biscuits.

Thanx for being a cooler and clearer head(even fluish) than I.

The bisco influence here lately just gets me perturbed.

FieryBill

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 02:59:46 pm »
Leith you don\'t like Bisco, we get it. Why do you always diss them and their fans on here? People are gonna keep liking them whether you bash them on here or not. In fact I\'m listening to them right now.

And by the way, dyslexic absolutely SHOULD be a part of Breakfast setlists, it what they played was dyslexic!

The 8/30/08 Queeb was 100% without a doubt dyslexic, there\'s no debate about it....

leith

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 03:14:22 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;246175
Leith you don\'t like Bisco, we get it. Why do you always diss them and their fans on here? People are gonna keep liking them whether you bash them on here or not. In fact I\'m listening to them right now.

And by the way, dyslexic absolutely SHOULD be a part of Breakfast setlists, it what they played was dyslexic!

The 8/30/08 Queeb was 100% without a doubt dyslexic, there\'s no debate about it....

You should throw your speakers out the window.

I have only really started bashing bisco since this place became all abt the biscuits so much so you guys have convinced the moderators to use bisco notation superseding the notation already in use here for BREAKFAST fans.

Sad really. Don\'t you bisco fucks already have a site somewhere else?
Really when it\'s in TFA cool but bringing this shit into actual Breakfast discussion is deplorable to me.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:31 pm »
It would be dyslexic if Buquebus was a Disco Biscuits song.

As it is a Breakfast song it would be "inverted" with perhaps additional descriptive notation.

Clear headed, Leith?? I\'m on so much meds I feel like a robot :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

FieryBill

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:15 pm »
I disagree BD. We all know what an inverted See the Light is, and they didn\'t do that with Buquebus on 8/30/08. They jammed Eschers 3 into the 1st jam of Queeb, then played through the rest of the song, with the ending. Then later in the show they played the beginning of Queeb to where they\'d normally start the first jam, and went into And She Was. That\'s dyslexic.

If an inverted See the Light is mid > end > beg all in a row without any songs in between, then what was 10/27/07? They did mid > end > Queeb > Son of Simpleton, then the beginning of See the Light at the end of set 2. I see that\'s labeled inverted on the archive and I think that\'s wrong too...

But hey, opinions are like armpits....

peaches626

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 03:35:44 pm »
i dunno what my opinion is on this whole notation thing,

but this show looks HOT!!!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 04:03:06 pm »
I don\'t think that Dyslexic is exclusively a Disco Biscuits "term".  How many bands out there even play their songs dyslexically?  I really don\'t know too many.  Since the Disco Biscuits do it so often the term is frequently associated with their setlists to provide a more accurate description of how they played a particular version of the song.  Plus it makes setlist notations easier.  Don\'t need to put "beg > mid" or "last verse only" because that is already what dyslexic means.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 04:04:53 pm »
I wish i had an emoticon shaking his head. This is why the following is so sparse for the breakfast these days, cause everyone is worried they might turn out to be as big of a douche as you leith. What was the last show you even went to? They have put out multiple new albums and are writing awesome new song and all you can do is bash the new gen of bfams lingo. Get a life kid. Times are changing, and until i see you at a show, your just a hoo haa with a computer. no one wants to hear about the sand in your vagina.

I was at this show and i am sooooo pumped for the audio. Im hoping this rufus with rival the 11-30-07 rufus i listen to all the time. The n00bs i brought with me had a fuckin awesome time. i dont see how tonights show in RI could top last nights, but if anyone can do it, its the breakfast. wish i could go.

peaches626

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 04:10:49 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;246191
I wish i had an emoticon shaking his head. This is why the following is so sparse for the breakfast these days, cause everyone is worried they might turn out to be as big of a douche as you leith. What was the last show you even went to? They have put out multiple new albums and are writing awesome new song and all you can do is bash the new gen of bfams lingo. Get a life kid. Times are changing, and until i see you at a show, your just a hoo haa with a computer. no one wants to hear about the sand in your vagina.

I was at this show and i am sooooo pumped for the audio. Im hoping this rufus with rival the 11-30-07 rufus i listen to all the time. The n00bs i brought with me had a fuckin awesome time. i dont see how tonights show in RI could top last nights, but if anyone can do it, its the breakfast. wish i could go.

:no:

u know leith lives in san diego right?

i know he gets a little grumpy through the interwebs, but how many shows have any of us seen 3000 miles from home?  i know only a couple for me...
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 04:15:00 pm »
Quote from: sąikidélik;246191

Hey dude -
Don\'t call out a guy that\'s traveled from CA to see these guys...  Ask the question, when was the last time TB made it anywhere remotely close to CA and you\'ll have your answer as to when Leith was able to get to a show...  As for putting out multiple new albums, Live As Is the first in several years now and Existential Funk is the first new song since the days of Ostreicher...  So, since you\'ve proclaimed yourself a TB noob, learn the history of the band and the fans before you start bashing one of it\'s most loyal fans...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen