Author Topic: echoes/2001 syncro  (Read 2532 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 03:34:06 pm »
It was also my understanding that Roger was the one that turned down the offer to score the movie...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 05:47:37 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;246180
watched. Saw no correlation between music and video.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 06:06:19 pm »
anyone who thinks the wizard of oz and dark side of the moon wasnt premeditated should kts
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 06:24:33 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;246203
anyone who thinks the wizard of oz and dark side of the moon wasnt premeditated should kts

WOW really? So the guys left in Pink Floyd should just up and off themselves? Even they have said it\'s bullshit.

You can\'t hear/see all the inconsistencies when you synch that shit? More bullshit than shit that matches.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 06:26:56 pm »
you haters need to open your third eye
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

leith

echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 06:34:43 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;246215
you haters need to open your third eye

You need to get the smegma out of yours.

wildcoyote

• El Cuco
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 06:36:46 pm »

:thumbsup:
For the doubters- How literal do you need it to be?  1, 3, even 5 well blended syncs could be dismissed, but it\'s through out the WHOLE THING.

Although, to be fair, sometimes I need shit spelled out for me as well. I completely ignored this thread yesterday b/c I had no idea it had anything to do with Floyd or Space Odessy. Saw a Zuke thread and figured it was some how related to Daft Punk or some other robot noise. (thanks for posting though)

Quote from: leith;246213

WOW really? So the guys left in Pink Floyd should just up and off themselves? Even they have said it\'s bullshit.

You can\'t hear/see all the inconsistencies when you synch that shit? More bullshit than shit that matches.

Waters confirmed the intentional sync back around 1995.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 06:36:46 pm by wildcoyote »
A man who has seen the things I have seen,
experienced the loss and pain I have experienced,
I transcend race, hombre.

leith

echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 06:46:02 pm »
Quote from: wildcoyote;246219

For the doubters- How literal do you need it to be?  1, 3, even 5 well blended syncs could be dismissed, but it\'s through out the WHOLE THING.

Although, to be fair, sometimes I need shit spelled out for me as well. I completely ignored this thread yesterday b/c I had no idea it had anything to do with Floyd or Space Odessy. Saw a Zuke thread and figured it was some how related to Daft Punk or some other robot noise. (thanks for posting though)

All I have to say is anyone that believes this is intentional did not take biological psychology in college and does not understand just how the mind organizes chaos.

No he did not confirm it. That is false.

Every single member of Pink Floyd and many of their associates of the time have denied any intentional syncing as with the subject of this thread at the time the technology to do so and to keep it secret would have been to costly and logistically impossible.

Nice try though.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 09:22:20 pm »
Quote from: leith;246221
Quote from: wildcoyote;246219

All I have to say is anyone that believes this is intentional did not take biological psychology in college and does not understand just how the mind organizes chaos.

No he did not confirm it. That is false.

Every single member of Pink Floyd and many of their associates of the time have denied any intentional syncing as with the subject of this thread at the time the technology to do so and to keep it secret would have been to costly and logistically impossible.

Nice try though.

yea, I\'ve heard several statements that there was no coorilation whatsoever or intention for them to sync up. I\'ve never heard of someone saying it is on purpose. show me a source and I\'ll believe you.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 11:18:48 pm »
i know waters said the thought of it being meant to be was rubbish,but im not buying it.
if it was like 1 or 2 ironic things that happen,id say fine.
but its not.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Whathefunk

echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 11:30:40 pm »
bottom line is that a lot of different music can be placed to a single film to create a totally different meaning to the visuals, either to enhance or not work as well.  whether floyd MEANT to do it or not, its still fucking cool.  whether roger waters is such a genius that he scored psych funk music to a movie (and released it as a rock and roll album) isn\'t as impressive as something that someone like john williams does.

leith

echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:28 am »
Quote from: Whathefunk;246234
bottom line is that a lot of different music can be placed to a single film to create a totally different meaning to the visuals, either to enhance or not work as well.  whether floyd MEANT to do it or not, its still fucking cool.  whether roger waters is such a genius that he scored psych funk music to a movie (and released it as a rock and roll album) isn\'t as impressive as something that someone like john williams does.

Thank You.
I know when I go over my friend Dave\'s and he puts on a Surf vid I turn it down and put on some Breakfast.

They sync up way gnarly with alot of his vids!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 12:10:35 am »
the difference is the movies are edited to the john williams songs.

if I wanted to make an album and have it sync up to any movie, all I would have to do is drop the movie into protools and find the tempo of the editing and mark those beats. then add in the tempo points of the songs that are already on the soundtrack. then, just write something new that had the same tempo and bam, somehow there is a mysterious syncing that takes place! I\'m a genius!
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Whathefunk

echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2009, 02:51:42 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;246237

if I wanted to make an album and have it sync up to any movie, all I would have to do is drop the movie into protools and find the tempo of the editing and mark those beats. then add in the tempo points of the songs that are already on the soundtrack. then, just write something new that had the same tempo and bam, somehow there is a mysterious syncing that takes place! I\'m a genius!

john williams did the score to star wars by conducting an orchestra playing under a rough cut of the film projected onto a screen above them.

peaches626

echoes/2001 syncro
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 03:16:04 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;246237

Although i suppose this could be possible with someone like john williams, this is not normally the case, from my understanding of film production. Typically, the movie is shot and edited together entirely and then given to the composer/music director/whathaveyous to apply his craft to a finished piece of work...

i thought dark side of oz was pretty cool the one time i did, several things seemed to coincide.  but we also used to get spunioned in my dorm and rage jam music on top of the muted cartoon network and laugh for hours
taints rule, gypsies drool!