Author Topic: Setlist: [Tim Acoustic] 2009-10-08 - Ballou\'s Wine Bar; Guilford, CT  (Read 3132 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
I: (something about April), A day in the life, Politic, I don\'t want to fade away, Blackbird, Friend of the devil*, Wild World, Girl from the north country, Big me > Doughboy > Optimistic, Bugs in G major**, Let love rule, Don\'t let me be missunderstood > Working class hero, Who will stop the rain, I talk to the wind, Don\'t do me like that

II: Lady Madonna, In the kitchen#, Folsom Prison Blues, I want you, Sundance%, Feelin\' Groovy, One is the loneliest number > The Continuing story of Bungalo Bill, Shotgun Butterfly^, Spirits in the Material world, Vera St, Nothing\'s Easy, Overkill, Dig

Encore: Legend of a mind$

* first time played
** "If I\'m going to play it, I\'m going to try it in a different key.", with Jump in the line (Shake, shake, shake Senora) tease
# Umphrey\'s Mcgee song, first time played
%for Alli, requested via text from New Hampshire
^ Original, first time played
$ Preceded by Dig it tease
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Setlist: [Tim Acoustic] 2009-10-08 - Ballou\'s Wine Bar; Guilford, CT
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 04:39:51 pm »
i dont wanna fade away=bellbottom blues?
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 04:47:14 pm »
probably. I didn\'t get there until fotd, tims girl was keeping setlist before that and said she didn\'t know the names to a lot of the songs. Her and todd were debating the first song was "the pink floyd one about april." No idea what that was supposed to be.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 04:48:10 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;243372
In the kitchen# Shotgun Butterfly^

* first time played

sweeeeeeeeeet!!! can\'t wait to hear these. thanks for keeping a set list!!

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 04:53:00 pm »
Shotgun Butterfly had a very blues-rock feel to it. Sounded like a lot of 7th chords but he was playing majors, it was just the transitions. Said it would probably be a solo only song but he said the same thing about Rust when that came out. His book said (10/4/09) after the title, but Todd said he heard the song/saw the title over tims over 2 years ago.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 05:01:26 pm »
Quote from: galenas;243375
Quote from: FrankZappa;243372
In the kitchen# Shotgun Butterfly^

* first time played

sweeeeeeeeeet!!! can\'t wait to hear these. thanks for keeping a set list!!

my thoughts exactly!
Where to next?

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 05:06:48 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;243374
Her and todd were debating the first song was "the pink floyd one about april." No idea what that was supposed to be.

I\'m not sure what Pink Floyd song that would be. Are we sure it wasn\'t "April Come She Will" by Simon and Garfunkel? I know Tim has it on his list, though I don\'t think anybody would confuse it with a Pink Floyd tune.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 05:18:31 pm »
apparently dena might

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 05:40:05 pm »
wow tims comvering UM now ?   holy moly
*Gia*

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 01:47:54 pm »
Looks like a great set, luckies!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

TeddyT

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 03:02:52 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;243377
Shotgun Butterfly had a very blues-rock feel to it. Sounded like a lot of 7th chords but he was playing majors, it was just the transitions. Said it would probably be a solo only song but he said the same thing about Rust when that came out. His book said (10/4/09) after the title, but Todd said he heard the song/saw the title over tims over 2 years ago.

Tim wrote three new songs on his last trip to VT. By the looks of the date and title, I\'m pretty sure this was one of the three.

inCognito

• piano slinger
    • http://www.shorelinepiano.net
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 04:34:43 pm »
^ that is reallly exciting news -- hopefully between monday, wed, and thursday of next week we get to hear \'em all!