Author Topic: Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 12281 times)

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2009, 04:55:47 am »
Yeah the re-worked LD was pretty cool. I\'d been waiting a while to hear that one! I didn\'t see any tapers....

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2009, 08:48:02 am »
Hello Breakfast Fans!
It\'s hard for the a/v crew to catch all these shows.
The locals (or whoever) should at least catch a decent audio recording.
There are so many recording devices for not that much money.
An inexpensive condenser mic works really well!
Find a good mic placement spot and set the levels properly.
So many shows blow away in the wind, never to be heard again!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:52:26 am by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2009, 10:16:27 am »
how long did Molitz sit in, just the opening jam?
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

FieryBill

Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2009, 11:16:34 am »
Yep.... just opening jam

Ren

• what?
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2009, 12:22:21 pm »
^^^^cuz there weren\'t any.  

opening jam was very good.  jordan ripped it on reel time, i\'d say he made it his own now.  puppetry was just fuckin nuts, seriously.  nice and strange to see phaddy boom baddy, the fuckin ending was as wild and crazy as i remember seeing, nice and nostalgic.  pygme twylyte was fuckin\' rockin\', i love how it just morphed into a puppetry jam at the end.  taboo seemed to have a bit of a subdued, chilled kinda flow to it which i really liked.  rush reached yet another incredible level, that song just great, adrian tears it, chris fuckin\' looks like if he moves head any further back while it bobs that he\'ll break something, and jordan\'s synth sounds could not possibly complement tim\'s truly trance inducing solo\'s in any other way that i can think of.  this song is truly where it\'s fuckin\' at right now.  the best representation of their abilities as both individuals and a band, in my opinion.  too bad it wasn\'t recorded solely for the revenge of the nerds "elaborate musical production," from the greek games.  just perfect, i am NOT surprised that tim knew it note for note.  classic.  buquebus was monster as usual.  perfect time for some drunk idiot to annoy the shit out of jordan.  haha.  

great to see everyone!  especially the ones ya don\'t see all that much anymore! great night.  still my favorite place to see them.
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2009, 12:58:01 pm »
oh man i hope i get to hear the new LD at higher ground
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

GLuft3

Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2009, 01:37:59 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;244611
Hello Breakfast Fans!
It\'s hard for the a/v crew to catch all these shows.
The locals (or whoever) should at least catch a decent audio recording.
There are so many recording devices for not that much money.
An inexpensive condenser mic works really well!
Find a good mic placement spot and set the levels properly.
So many shows blow away in the wind, never to be heard again!

It\'s a shame this show wasn\'t recorded.

Lock & load, people!

Zoom H4n Handy Recorder
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2009, 02:22:53 pm »
Brilliant show. Shimmering and chock full o\' goodies galore. \'Tis a real shame it wasn\'t recorded. I have to get my hands on that H4 or something. I see too many shows that have gone with the wind.

But I digress. The opening jam started in that Sleeping Beauty direction and then Molitz appears and him and Jordan are both playing and the jam just keeps rolling and mutating and growing. Loved the GBFBITS > Puppetry sequence.

Booz, wouldn\'t you know they drop the retooled LD and you couldn\'t make it! Same with Dave missing out on that sick Buquebus.

Feeling it today. I haven\'t been that toasted in awhile:biggrin:

the Breakfast rules all! Behold the mighty quartet power! Freakout!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2009, 02:51:34 pm »
honestly LD sounded the same as it always has to me.   puppetry was beyond psychedelic and jordo playing synth backwards during queeb was bawlin.   rush is def my favorite bfast song.   go bfast see you in a few weeks !!
*Gia*

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2009, 07:28:55 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;244591
First Breakfast show in for-fucking-ever. Wheeeeeeeeeeee

great seeing you and james joc! fiery bill, congrats on #100.

for those of us that were there, a great night of music, friends made it better, blondie pushed it over the edge. The girls high school soccer team practicing around my car at 10:45 this morning when Gavin (12 pack in hand), Gfunk, Alli and I walked out bleary eyed made it just silly.

http://www.youtube.com/v/dqreB3oaPNc&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/v/dqreB3oaPNc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FieryBill

Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2009, 08:17:01 pm »
Thanks man!!

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2009, 08:18:42 pm »
GOD DAMN I missed this band and you all. Didn\'t want the show to ever end. Rush is ridiculous. I might have to start hitting shows like that hitchhiker guy from NH, what with no license until probably June.  Eh, what\'s his name? Jeez, he slept on my couch once.

Love yous!
Masturbation in the MFA

inthewhitelodge

Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2009, 08:25:53 pm »
This was such a jem show! Rarities and a request honored! I love dancing into lazerbeams with you fine folks.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2009, 08:26:47 pm »
Quote from: jocelyn;244630
GOD DAMN I missed this band and you all. Didn\'t want the show to ever end. Rush is ridiculous. I might have to start hitting shows like that hitchhiker guy from NH, what with no license until probably June.  Eh, what\'s his name? Jeez, he slept on my couch once.

Love yous!

you\'re thinking of bonzo. good to see you out last night.

sweet show. indobox played a good set....got my blood pumping. highlights of the set were definitely the opening jam, rush, and puppetry. pretty lightly attended considering the decent roll call. an interesting night
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2009, 08:38:47 pm »
I felt like I was on the fenway pawty bus with those crowd lights
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke