Author Topic: Daft Punk to tour in 2010  (Read 2482 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Daft Punk to tour in 2010
« on: August 05, 2009, 02:52:10 pm »
Daft Punk have announced that they will hit the road in 2010-2011. No offical dates or countries have been confirmed, but Busy P has claimed the band are back in the studio working on new material with the hope of touring next year.

but according to their website it might not be until 2011...but they will be hitting China on the next world tour! Yes! CHINA!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:10:41 pm by NickNels »
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 02:55:05 pm »
My friend went to see their show in Berkeley last year - said it was a cheesy garbage.  I know a lot of you loved the last tour but my friend has a superior taste for music and tendency of being right about these things.  

Around the World is one of the gayest songs ever.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

NickNels

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 03:01:08 pm »
link to new Tron trailer.  Word is Daft Punk is doing the soundtrack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1IpPpB3iWI&feature=related

looks like Jeff Bridges is back for this movie too

Quote from: alexanderzurflu;237733
My friend went to see their show in Berkeley last year - said it was a cheesy garbage.  I know a lot of you loved the last tour but my friend has a superior taste for music and tendency of being right about these things.  

I\'ve heard the complete opposite from everyone I\'ve talked to.  "Best show ever" has come up several times.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:01:08 pm by NickNels »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:20:54 pm »
:fart:
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:22:32 pm »
I know my comment comes off as douchey but wanted to put out the opposing word on what I heard, in stark contrast to what everyone on .info has said.  Guess I would have to hear it for myself.

NickNels, please don\'t tell me you like Around the World.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 03:22:32 pm by alexanderzurflu »

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:23:12 pm »
 I know a lot of you loved the last tour but my friend has a superior taste for music and tendency of being right about these things.  

your friend sounds wicked cool.

NickNels

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 03:26:25 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;237743
I know my comment comes off as douchey but wanted to put out the opposing word on what I heard, in stark contrast to what everyone on .info has said.  Guess I would have to hear it for myself.

NickNels, please don\'t tell me you like Around the World.

The left coast is too crunchy granola to wrap its dome piece around Daft Punk.  They would shred your patchwork pants and snuff out your patchouli stink even from the last row

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:26:41 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;237745
 I know a lot of you loved the last tour but my friend has a superior taste for music and tendency of being right about these things.  

He actually is one of the most reliable music opinions, in my opinion.  I was surprised to hear how .info and the friend could arrive at such opposite conclusions.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 03:29:45 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;237747
Quote from: Igziabeher;237745

He actually is one of the most reliable music opinions, in my opinion.  I was surprised to hear how .info and the friend could arrive at such opposite conclusions.

different strokes for different folks i guess.

I saw them at Lollapalooza and it blew away most everything else i saw that year.  \'07.  maybe it was just the atmosphere, but 50,000+ people getting down to two robots in a pyramid is pretty fun if you ask me.

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 03:49:01 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;237735

I\'ve heard the complete opposite from everyone I\'ve talked to.  "Best show ever" has come up several times.

same here.

also, i love \'around the world,\' \'one more time,\' \'harder better faster stronger,\' \'da funk,\'...in fact, i don\'t know if there\'s a daft punk song i don\'t like. must be because i have robot ears
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 03:53:16 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;237746
The left coast is too crunchy granola to wrap its dome piece around Daft Punk.  They would shred your patchwork pants and snuff out your patchouli stink even from the last row

Yeah I guess that\'s what I don\'t really like about \'em too.. too dyslexic to figure out which coast I\'m on though ;)
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 03:59:50 pm »
its nice to have robot ears.  face to face was/is my favorite, but still got love for One More Time and the likes.

OMT and ATW may be cheesey, but if that cheeseyness is what affords them to travel the world playing to 100,000 people at a time with the most advanced stage/lighting set up out there, then more power to them.  why overanalyze a good time?

http://www.youtube.com/v/mj9AYdsb5Kg&hl=en&fs=1&">http://www.youtube.com/v/mj9AYdsb5Kg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 04:04:43 pm »
OMT/ATW are some of the most pathetic songs.  You guys really get down to that garbage?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 04:14:16 pm »
You\'re not alone in your amazement mr zurflu.

I love these guys (Nick and Zuke are two of my favorite robots IRL... as for Igzy lol... gotta admit I\'m a little suprised ;) ) but I missed out on the government robot ear installation experiments. Then again I may be biased from hearing my little brother play One More Time on repeat while gherkin the pickle all night long to MMORPGs or whatever the fuck kinds of online games steal all household bandwidth and take weeks to play. I drowned that shit out with some Island Tour back in the day.

Love me some STS9 / Shpongle but Daft Punk is like the Kraft of cheese factories :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:19:59 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

siflandollie

• Victory to RAGE
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 04:44:03 pm »
Daft Punk is great.  Genius withoutadoubt.  I put those two robots up there with Zappa as far as musical prowess/understanding/ability to follow through on musical concepts.  I guess its not for everybody, but they definitely have complete control of their sound at all times.  STS9 wishes they were Daft Punk, especially with all the Live PA stuff they have been up to.  And they are definitely more adventurous and fearless with their live show than shpongle, who are also great don\'t get me wrong, but Daft Punk fucks with all of their samples continuously  during their sets.  And they make it sound so easy that even people with "superior taste for music" don\'t get it!  brilliant!

Oh and having a "reliable opinion" does not make sense.  you can have "reliable information" about facts, but an opinion is not a fact.