Author Topic: The 2009-2010 NHL Thread  (Read 21133 times)

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 05, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »
well last night\'s game was a disappointment.  seemed like the hawks couldn\'t get it together all game. my boy byfuglien was not being the bruiser he is.   and then right when they are making a comeback, it falls apart.   tomorrow should be interesting to see who jumps ahead.....  it will be really hard to beat chicago in chicago.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2010, 03:05:21 pm »
I thought you were a bruin fan?  Blackhawks by injection?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;257850
I thought you were a bruin fan?  Blackhawks by injection?

Bruin fan?  Blaaaah never.  Wrong Boston team. I\'m a Celtics fan tho...

I was a Rangers fan because my grandfather was (Grew up following Rangers-Knicks-Yankees) and its easier to see games at MSG.  So we tend to cheer for Rangers 2nd in the household.   But you are right, blackhawks by injection. Husband has been a big fan since he was a kid.  I actually got him a nice jersey with his name on it two christmases ago.  and the indian head logo was his grooms cake last year.  ;)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2010, 03:50:48 pm »
All the boston teams suck anyway...  I\'m kind of pulling for philli...  Knowing that my team lost to the team that wins the cup makes me feel a little better about losing...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2010, 06:16:51 pm »
Quote from: leith;257817
Quote from: SkyePrizm;257816
Quote from: leith;257813
Quote from: Gordo;257811
how sick has this series been so far?! wonder when the last time a cup final has opened with three games decided by a goal.

Yeah it has been pretty good.
Since I got High Def I watch more Hockey and have no preference other than I like Chicago as a city more than Philly so Go \'Hawks!

Leith, I don\'t know how comfortable I feel you cheering for my hockey team.  ;)

Series has been excellent.  though, i would have liked a hawks win last night much better.

Hey I\'m not happy abt it either but I like Nick and his teams suck so......

ha! thanks for the support my man...

dont really know what to expect from here on out. the hawks have been outplayed this whole series imo, which leads me to believe their best hockey is going to surface tomorrow. i just dont know though. shits nervewrecking, but so much fun.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2010, 11:09:16 pm »
WOW It took OT in Game 6 but Congratulations Chicago Blackhawks! Stanley Cup Champions.
I know quite a few folks gettin\' hammered tonight!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2010, 11:52:37 pm »
Happy happy household this evening.  :)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2010, 05:17:10 am »
Congrats Gordo and Skye...

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2010, 03:24:51 pm »
Holy shit! Last night was unbelievable. Crazy game, outrageous party in the streets, just a memorable moment in my life. Hoping some videos emerge of our newspaper stand drum circle celebration, had to see at least a hundred people filming shit at one point.

Oh, and this means Phish doesn\'t clash with the Cup. I met a dude (while watching the game) who was one of the founders of Jamtopia last night, Todd I believe, and he was showing me pics of Phish\'s rehearsal at UIC Pav last night. His buddy was chilling with Kuroda for the whole rehearsal... wish I would\'ve gotten his contact info because he gave me the soundcheck setlist but all I remember was that they played Foam, Reba, and It\'s Ice twice, but 10-15 tunes were played in total. dannybiscuits made a solid call saying It\'s Ice is def happening in honor of the Hawks.

Fuck yes.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2010, 03:57:04 pm »
It\'s Ice, NICE!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »
really weird ending to the game but glad the hawks won.

Stepan has been signed Rangers Fans. No more NCAA for him. People are saying he will be in the A next season. It would be a miracle if he makes the rangers out of camp.

Now just have to sign McD and all the UW guys are locked in.

Oct cannot get here fast enough. Lets drop the puck :)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

SkyePrizm

• separator
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2010, 04:48:02 pm »
Seriously, Blackhawks.  You win the Stanley Cup and you spend the whole off season dismantling the team.  I know there are salary cap issues.  But antti niemi???? Really????  I was just starting to get over losing Byfuglien......

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2010, 04:58:22 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;259966
Seriously, Blackhawks.  You win the Stanley Cup and you spend the whole off season dismantling the team.  I know there are salary cap issues.  But antti niemi???? Really????  I was just starting to get over losing Byfuglien......

They won the cup despite Niemi. He wasn\'t that good he was just a little better than the other slob at the other end.

They awarded him way too much $$$. The HAwks didn\'t have much choice but to walk away from that $$$$. Turco at 1.7 or so is a good deal. If they had kept Niemi who would you be ok letting go ?

Hawks are in serious cap hell. At least they won the cup. Could be worse, you could be a ranger fan :)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19