Author Topic: The 2009-2010 NHL Thread  (Read 21152 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2010, 12:36:28 pm »
Hawks #1 ranked defense in the NHL, #3 ranked offense.. we have 3 of the top 6 +/- players (Toews, Seabrook, Kane) and Huet is #4 in GAA in the league (2 spots ahead of Brodeur).

I\'m looking forward to all the shit talking along the road to the Cup Finals. Hope it ends up Hawks vs. Devils for the sake of this board. Although I\'d also like to see the Capitals or Penguins for star-power excitement.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2010, 11:14:08 pm »
fyi, Hawks are 9-1-1 against the East, Devils are 4-3-1 against the West.

another convincing win again tonight.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:44 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;250279

Yep, down 2 goals and come back with 5 unanswered goals of their own.  Niemi now 11-2-1 and leading the league with a 1.82 GAA.  Also has 4 shutouts in 12 starts.  Duncan Keith a legitimate Norris Trophy candidate.  Well coached with so much talent.
You Lucky Bastards!

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2010, 08:37:03 am »
Quote from: Rickey Roux;250280

Yep, down 2 goals and come back with 5 unanswered goals of their own.  Niemi now 11-2-1 and leading the league with a 1.82 GAA.  Also has 4 shutouts in 12 starts.  Duncan Keith a legitimate Norris Trophy candidate.  Well coached with so much talent.

after the first 10 minutes, they dominated the bruins....:hair:
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2010, 08:44:45 am »

And the games against the opposite conference make up how much of the schedule?  I\'m happy for you that your hawks are winning and are top the league.  You\'ve also played 3 more games than NJ; even if you assume that we lose all 3 games, we\'re still sitting atop the Eastern Conference which is all that matters until the Cup Finals...

Where are all of the Ranger fans?  Have they given up on their team because "The King" has won as many games as he has lost?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2010, 10:14:25 am »
Quote from: Yoda;250284

And the games against the opposite conference make up how much of the schedule?  I\'m happy for you that your hawks are winning and are top the league.  You\'ve also played 3 more games than NJ; even if you assume that we lose all 3 games, we\'re still sitting atop the Eastern Conference which is all that matters until the Cup Finals...

Where are all of the Ranger fans?  Have they given up on their team because "The King" has won as many games as he has lost?

whats this "we" shit?
your not on the team you fat dorky loser.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2010, 10:22:41 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;250292

whats this "we" shit?

SORRY, I guess I was just speaking as a fan that\'s actually proud of his team...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2010, 10:26:47 am »
Quote from: Yoda;250294

whats this "we" shit?

SORRY, I guess I was just speaking as a fan that\'s actually proud of his team...

i cant say the same.
if it wasnt for gaborik we would be fucked.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2010, 10:32:47 am »
Quote from: freddiewaht;250298

whats this "we" shit?

i cant say the same.

Hank will come out of his funk, but you need a couple more guys to step up to make a run at the cup... I\'m hoping that doesn\'t happen until after tuesday\'s game...

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2010, 10:34:51 am »
Quote from: Yoda;250300
Quote from: freddiewaht;250298

whats this "we" shit?

i cant say the same.

Hank will come out of his funk, but you need a couple more guys to step up to make a run at the cup... I\'m hoping that doesn\'t happen until after tuesday\'s game...

gaborik is carrying the team on his shoulders and isnt getting much help at all..
avery should have an a on his uniform,btw.

tyzack

• http://
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2010, 10:35:48 am »

Savard out in the first shift, and Ferance missed the game too.

Excuses aside, that game sucked.

I have been igorning all your (Gordo) "best team in hockey" rants, but the Hawks looked really good last night.

I stopped watch at 8:30, though...ROLL TIDE.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2010, 11:13:01 am »
College Football is great, but it\'s the same 4-5 teams in the BSC Championship Game every year = boring in my book...

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2010, 12:28:35 pm »
The Hawks looked to me like the best team in the NHL last night.
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2010, 02:14:58 pm »
Quote from: tyzack;250304

Savard out in the first shift, and Ferance missed the game too.

Excuses aside, that game sucked.

I have been igorning all your (Gordo) "best team in hockey" rants, but the Hawks looked really good last night.

I stopped watch at 8:30, though...ROLL TIDE.

As a fan, I have never had this much confidence in a team. I\'m actually not trying to "brag" on behalf of the Hawks, but rather push awareness out East for all yous. They are silly good.

And my purpose of the East vs. West records, Yoda, was to argue that maybe there is better competition in the West this year. That\'s a big maybe, but for someone who loves to dwell on records and points at the moment for proof of superiority, just another tally for the Hawks vs. the Devils. Oh yeah, 5-1.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2010, 02:19:43 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;250350
just another tally for the Hawks vs. the Devils. Oh yeah, 5-1.

A sampling of one game...  Enjoy the victory, we\'ll be at least one more time this season...