Author Topic: The 2009-2010 NHL Thread  (Read 21129 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2010, 08:06:48 am »

oct 16 - L 2-4
oct 17 - W 2-0

oct 28 - L 1-4
oct 29 - W 2-1 (@)

nov 6 - W 2-1
nov 7 - W 3-2 (@)

nov 11 - W 3-1
nov 12 - W 4-1 (@)

nov 27 - W 2-1 (@)
nov 28 - W 6-1

dec 11 - L 2-4
dec 12 - W 4-1

dec 18 - W 4-2
dec 19 - W 5-4 (@)

7-0 going into day 2 of back to back nights...... sorry chip.

Quote from: Gordo;249272
The Hawks ARE the best team in the NHL right now. I meant what I said.

dec 30 - W 2-1
dec 31 - L 1-5 (@)

no..... soooooarry chip.

btw, total margin of Hawks losses = -19; wins = +57
total margin of Devils losses = -25; wins = +52

vs. 1st place teams:
Hawks - 4-3; goal difference = +8
Devils - 4-3; goal difference = -2

id say less important than "cheap OT loss points" is overall goal differences... at least if you want to gauge matchups in a 7-game series. but if that doesn\'t work, head-to-head always works. as a reminder:

Hawks 5-1 Devils
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 08:06:48 am by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2010, 06:15:18 am »
hawks
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

tyzack

• http://
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2010, 06:21:12 am »
They don\'t get enough coverage out east for me to judge on the hawks.

The winter classic sounded fun on the radio...
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 11:10:59 am »
so good

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 11:36:14 am »
Quote from: tyzack;249815
They don\'t get enough coverage out east for me to judge on the hawks.

The winter classic sounded fun on the radio...

horrible first 2 periods, but then the B\'s picked it up in the 3rd and made a epic ending of the game
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2010, 11:54:30 am »
Quote from: Gordo;249740

oct 16 - L 2-4
oct 17 - W 2-0

oct 28 - L 1-4
oct 29 - W 2-1 (@)

nov 6 - W 2-1
nov 7 - W 3-2 (@)

nov 11 - W 3-1
nov 12 - W 4-1 (@)

nov 27 - W 2-1 (@)
nov 28 - W 6-1

dec 11 - L 2-4
dec 12 - W 4-1

dec 18 - W 4-2
dec 19 - W 5-4 (@)

7-0 going into day 2 of back to back nights...... sorry chip.

Quote from: Gordo;249272
The Hawks ARE the best team in the NHL right now. I meant what I said.

dec 30 - W 2-1
dec 31 - L 1-5 (@)

no..... soooooarry chip.

btw, total margin of Hawks losses = -19; wins = +57
total margin of Devils losses = -25; wins = +52

vs. 1st place teams:
Hawks - 4-3; goal difference = +8
Devils - 4-3; goal difference = -2

id say less important than "cheap OT loss points" is overall goal differences... at least if you want to gauge matchups in a 7-game series. but if that doesn\'t work, head-to-head always works. as a reminder:

Hawks 5-1 Devils

Yup, congrats on your win, can\'t win them all...  I take solice in the fact that, although you have 2 more points, we have the same number of wins and have played two less games... Those 2 points came from OT losses... Personally, I don\'t think you should get a point for losing a game...  And your head to head match up isn\'t worth shit since they play each other two times this season; if they were in the same division or even conference, that argument would hold a lot more value...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2010, 12:11:58 pm »
im just enjoying watching a hometown team bend teams over right now. this shit never happens for my chicago ass and im going to milk it for all its worth. but seriously, i really think they are the best team in hockey. an argument that i can only support so much with numbers, and the difference between importance of OT points and goal difference is a subjective one.

bottom line--they are really, really fucking good. id be very confident facing anyone in a series right now, a feeling that has eluded me for 26 years.

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2010, 12:23:33 pm »
Al Secord
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2010, 12:44:22 pm »
Secord was an animal. he even played professional roller hockey some time in the 90\'s after ice-retirement.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2010, 01:02:11 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;249892
im just enjoying watching a hometown team bend teams over right now. this shit never happens for my chicago ass and im going to milk it for all its worth. but seriously, i really think they are the best team in hockey. an argument that i can only support so much with numbers, and the difference between importance of OT points and goal difference is a subjective one.

bottom line--they are really, really fucking good. id be very confident facing anyone in a series right now, a feeling that has eluded me for 26 years.

I hear ya...  The OT points is subjective and not all that important w/ our two teams, but when you look at some other teams, it makes a big difference...

Dallas - 11 OT points (w/o they\'d have 36 points and not even be in the playoff hunt)
Tampa Bay - 10 OT points (w/o they\'d have 32 points and not even in the playoff hunt)

Although the playoff picture doesn\'t change, I don\'t think teams should be rewarded for losing... I also don\'t think that games should be decided by shoot out, which the Devils have benefited from... Personally, I think all the new rules after the lockout suck...  At least FOX did away w/ the blue blob around the puck and the red tail on shots over a certain MPH...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2010, 01:27:44 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;249900

I hear ya...  The OT points is subjective and not all that important w/ our two teams, but when you look at some other teams, it makes a big difference...

Dallas - 11 OT points (w/o they\'d have 36 points and not even be in the playoff hunt)
Tampa Bay - 10 OT points (w/o they\'d have 32 points and not even in the playoff hunt)

Although the playoff picture doesn\'t change, I don\'t think teams should be rewarded for losing... I also don\'t think that games should be decided by shoot out, which the Devils have benefited from... Personally, I think all the new rules after the lockout suck...  At least FOX did away w/ the blue blob around the puck and the red tail on shots over a certain MPH...

Golden goal. That\'s the answer to all of these issues. Kill the clock, first to score.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2010, 02:50:31 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;249982
Quote from: Yoda;249900

Golden goal. That\'s the answer to all of these issues. Kill the clock, first to score.

Works for me!

MakisupaCJ

• I am MagnumMan
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2010, 08:12:32 am »
New York Rangers are where the real talent is at!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2010, 08:52:26 am »
Quote from: MakisupaCJ;250057
New York Rangers are where the real talent is at!

Please... They\'re barely hanging onto the 7-8 playoff spot in the East...  They have a decent goalie in Lundqvist (56% winning percentage) and Gaborik is the only player w/ 10 goals or more (27)...  If you shut him down, you\'ve essentially won the game  In the East, the Devs have the talent... Brodeur has a winning % of nearly 70% w/ 5 shutouts already...  The Devs come at you w/ Parise (18 goals), Langenbrunner, Bergford and Rolston (13 goals), and Zajac and Elias w/ 10 goals each...  We\'re a much more well rounded teams than the rangers...

MakisupaCJ

• I am MagnumMan
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2010, 10:02:18 am »
I haven\'t checked out all the teams rosters for the 2020 Olympics, but I heard that the majority of the Rangers made Olympic teams and without Lundqvist we are nothing. I was born and raised In New York so it\'s just my nature to side with Ney York teams... besides the Mets and The Islanders.

2010 Olymipcs* My bad
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 10:02:18 am by MakisupaCJ »