Author Topic: The 2009-2010 NHL Thread  (Read 21139 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2009, 09:10:34 am »
Gotta love the way the Devs are playing... Only 2 points out of the division lead w/ 3 games more to play than Pitt...  Add in that the Rags are in a 3-way tie w/ Phil and Isles and out of the top 8 teams in the conference, this year is shaping up well...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 09:13:07 am »
I\'m skating on Fenway Saturday!!!
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2009, 09:17:40 am »
Do me a favor and piss on the ice for me...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2009, 09:49:48 am »
No offense to anyone at ESPN, but SportsCenter sucks... I\'ve got to sit through 10 minutes of a recap of a shitty MNF game and another 5 minute recap of every slam dunk in college sports and then 5 minutes on Lebron... When it finally gets to a newsworthy story - Brodeur breaking the record for shutouts w/ 104, it gets pretty much a passing mention... Hell, even the FIFA man of the year got more air time...  I bet you if it was someone from the bruins, it would have gotten a full segment on it\'s own... I\'m just sick of ESPN\'s hard on for all sports New England...

tyzack

• http://
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2009, 09:53:30 am »
Yeah, ESPNs hockey coverage sucks.

http://www.tsn.ca is really good (basically canadian ESPN)

interestingly, ESPN America (in the U.A.E. at least) features hockey every night. The people i\'ve talked to in bars around here say it\'s because of all the canadians.
Apartheid: A policy of segregation and political and economic discrimination.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2009, 10:13:45 am »
Quote from: tyzack;249230
Yeah, ESPNs hockey coverage sucks.

http://www.tsn.ca is really good (basically canadian ESPN)

interestingly, ESPN America (in the U.A.E. at least) features hockey every night. The people i\'ve talked to in bars around here say it\'s because of all the canadians.

I doubt that I get either of those channels in NJ...  But seriously, ESPN\'s website barely mentions it... The top stories w/ images are Monday Night Mismatch, Giants Rout Redskins, History In Lexington, Oregon State - BYU, Down 35 To The Bull...Kings Rally To Win....

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 01:17:42 pm »
Going to see the best team in hockey tonight. Shark for dinner.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 01:29:31 pm »
The Devils aren\'t playing tonight?  The Blackhawks might be the best in the Western Conference, but 4th in the league behind three eastern conference teams...

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:23 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;249253

Schweeet!  Have a great time.  I was at the game against the Bruins on Friday night.  The Hawks have certainly been a lot of fun to watch for the last year and a half.  Too many players to mention, but Jonathon Toews is the man.  He\'s got a huge heart and drive, that\'s why he\'s the captain at 21.  And let\'s not forget Antti Niemi, the backup goaltender who is 7-1 in his 8 starts with a 1.76 GAA and 3 shutouts.  BTW Yoda, your Devils will be here on New Years Eve and I predict a low scoring game that goes into the shootout.  With the Hawks 4-1 in home shootouts and the Devils 4-1 in road shootouts, who knows?  Congrats to Marty on 104.  I grew up in NJ, making the Devils my second favorite team, even though they didn\'t exist in NJ (they were still the Colorado Rockies) when I moved to Chicagoland.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:40:04 pm by Rickey Roux »
You Lucky Bastards!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 02:40:44 pm »
Quote from: Rickey Roux;249267
Quote from: Gordo;249253

Schweeet!  Have a great time.  I was at the game against the Bruins on Friday night.  The Hawks have certainly been a lot of fun to watch for the last year and a half.  Too many players to mention, but Jonathon Toews is the man.  He\'s got a huge heart and drive, that\'s why he\'s the captain at 21.  And let\'s not forget Antti Niemi, the backup goaltender who is 7-1 in his 8 starts with a 1.76 GAA and 3 shutouts.  BTW Yoda, your Devils will be here on New Years Eve and I predict a low scoring game that goes into the shootout.  With the Hawks 4-1 in home shootouts and the Devils 4-1 in road shootouts, who knows?  Congrats to Marty on 104.  I grew up in NJ, making the Devils my second favorite team, even though they didn\'t exist when I moved to Chicagoland.

Where in Jersey did you grow up?  They existed but as the Colorado Rockies...  On a side note, I scored Devils/Rangers tickets for 1/12 (MSG) right on the ice...  Looks like I might end up with an extra...

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 02:57:00 pm »
The Hawks ARE the best team in the NHL right now. I meant what I said. Hossa has only played in 12 of their 34 games. Sure they\'ve lossed 3 of those (and 1 SO), but they are stupid stacked with him in the lineup. Way too many strong lines in Chicago that I don\'t think anyone can match in the long run of the regular season. They are young, tough, hungry, and extremely confident.

Playoffs are a different story.. you never know when high expectations are going to choke. Let\'s hope they don\'t.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2009, 03:11:28 pm »
Whatever... We played one more game than you, but are 4 points ahead of you so, the numbers don\'t lie... You\'re close but not there...  If you shave off the cheap overtime loss points Devs are at 52 points and Chicago is at 46 points... Either way, you\'re still behind Pitt w/ 51 points and Washington w/ 50 points and are tied with San Jose for points...

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;249274
Whatever... We played one more game than you, but are 4 points ahead of you so, the numbers don\'t lie... You\'re close but not there...  If you shave off the cheap overtime loss points Devs are at 52 points and Chicago is at 46 points... Either way, you\'re still behind Pitt w/ 51 points and Washington w/ 50 points and are tied with San Jose for points...

Instead of dwelling on you disregarding my previous comment, let\'s turn to professional opinion:

Friday, December 18 - Blackhawks 5-4 Bruins

After the game, Boston coach Claude Julien said “You need a perfect game to beat the Blackhawks.”

Rickey Roux

• The Ludes Did It
    • http://www.myspace.com/rickeyroux
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2009, 03:56:09 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;249268
Where in Jersey did you grow up?  They existed but as the Colorado Rockies...  On a side note, I scored Devils/Rangers tickets for 1/12 (MSG) right on the ice...  Looks like I might end up with an extra...
I\'m an Exit 9 boy.  Grew up in North Brunswick.  But back to hockey, Pittsburgh has played two more games and Washington and San Jose both one more game than the Hawks.  They have beaten Pittsburgh, though Crosbyless, 2-1 in OT in Pittsburgh and beaten San Jose twice 4-3 in OT at home and 7-2 in San Jose.  They are a puck control team who are defensive minded, but whose talent and speed will kill you in the transition game.  They are tied for the league lead in shorthanded goals with 6.  And the second best point percentage .721 in the league, behind NJ who is .757.  God I love stats.  The Blackhawks are the real deal.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 06:54:36 pm by Rickey Roux »
You Lucky Bastards!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
The 2009-2010 NHL Thread
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 04:00:59 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;249281
Quote from: Yoda;249274

Instead of dwelling on you disregarding my previous comment, let\'s turn to professional opinion:

Friday, December 18 - Blackhawks 5-4 Bruins

After the game, Boston coach Claude Julien said “You need a perfect game to beat the Blackhawks.”

I knew there was a reason we fired him as our coach...  I counter that you have to be pretty perfect beat the Penguins, let alone shut them out...  I don\'t deny that they\'re a really good team, but to say they the best team in the league when there are three other teams w/ more points...