Author Topic: Short Cicuit remake  (Read 3911 times)

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Short Cicuit remake
« on: June 04, 2009, 10:53:24 am »
Looks like #5 is alive!  Gonna be directed by the guy who does robot chicken so it should be interested. Really lookimg foward to this.
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:13:23 am »
Worst re-make idea since Psycho was re-made...

What made this movie good was Guttenberg, Stevens and the 80\'s..

If they modernise Johnny 5 (like I\'m sure that they will), it won\'t be Short Circuit...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:15:58 am »
did u ever notice that Wall-E has a striking resemblance to johny-5 ?

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 11:36:00 am »
Yoda, why do you constantly be a buzzkill?   Your opinions are constantly negative and nobody cares what you think. Everybody thought redoing batman with christian balewas gonna be a bad idea when the news broke, and look how sick that turned out. Not trying to compare the two, just saying save judgement til you at least see the trailer

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 11:57:01 am »
So I can\'t express my opinion?  If everyone hates me so much, then vote me off the island and have the admins remove my username...  Remakes in and of themselves are "in my opinion" inferior to the original... I enjoyed The Dark Knight, but not Batman Begins, but that was mainly because of the joker...  Do you think that it would be a good to remake Animal House, Stripes, Police Academy, Caddyshack or any of the other classic comedies... To me, that\'s what a remake of Short Circuit is...  Look at this list of remakes of classic moves (can\'t hollywood think up their own movies w/out raping what\'s already good)

Arthur, They Live, Romancing The Stone, Back To School (Cedric the Entertainer as Rodney Dangerfield?), Meatballs, Conan, Clash of the Titans, The Karate Kid (Will Smith\'s kid, come on), Death Wish, Footloose, Fame, Red Dawn, The Birds, Hellraiser, Poltergeist, Child\'s Play, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Flash Gordon, Rosemary\'s Baby, Tron, A Nightmare On Elm Street, Escape From New York, Porky\'s....

What\'s next, is someone going to remake Star Wars?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 01:47:01 pm »
blah blah blah, do you know how many movies in the 60s and 70s are remakes, or reimaginings?  Hollywood and beyond has been recycling scripts  stories for hundreds of years. I learned in film class that there are 7 basic plots to choose from. So what if people wanna dip into the well. With that mentallity i suppose you hate whenever any band covers anothers song? Its kinda the same basic theory isnt it?  Im just saying you dont have to spit venom on every thread in this fucking board. If you have something to say with some substance, knock yourself out, but to start talking shit when the movie hasnt even begun filming is rediculous. Im gonna laugh my ass off when this movie comes out in a year or two and its hilarious and ypu like it.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:59 pm »
I know about movies too, there were video/film classes at SCSU also...  Dipping into the well for an idea is one thing, using pretty much the exact same plot is just a rip-off.  Rob Zombi\'s Halloween (a good re-make because it took the main concept from the original and changed and added to the story)...  I\'ll be interested to see how Sam Rami re-makes his own movie when he does Evil Dead again...

As far as covers, I\'m mixed...

- Cover bands suck; making money off of someone elses music
- Studio covers by musicians that can\'t come up w/ an original tune; not worth listening to
- Rappers that use other people tunes to rap to (Puff Daddy ruining Zepp; and yes, I know that Zep made a career out of covering the old blues masters)
- When a band covers a tune live and it\'s not the whole show, I\'m okay w/ it.

In all honesty, I didn\'t come into the thread to spit venom; I think remaking this movie is a bad idea; this is a forum where I can say what I want... Not everyone has to drink the kool-aid and agree with everything that\'s said by certain people on this site...

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 02:18:59 pm »
Whatever yoda, its not about drinking the koolaid, its about holding your tounge everynow and again. I swear to god i can find you bitching or talking shit about something in 75% of the threads on this forum. If everything we talk about sucks, and you dont ever see the band why waste your time on this board?  Im sure you can find way moreconstructive things to do with your time

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 02:36:18 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d;232646
Whatever yoda, its not about drinking the koolaid, its about holding your tounge everynow and again. I swear to god i can find you bitching or talking shit about something in 75% of the threads on this forum. If everything we talk about sucks, and you dont ever see the band why waste your time on this board?  Im sure you can find way moreconstructive things to do with your time

You\'re bringing up shit that\'s not related to this thread and that no one wants to re-hash again.  I came into this thread to comment that I thought this remake was a bad idea... You\'re the one that started throwing around the personal jabs...

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:41:22 pm »
Well, maybe if you contributed in a positive once in a while, maybe people wouldnt be so quick to jump on your shit so much

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 03:06:31 pm »
get a room with johnny 5
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 03:26:33 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;232644
I know about movies too, there were video/film classes at SCSU also...  Dipping into the well for an idea is one thing, using pretty much the exact same plot is just a rip-off.  Rob Zombi\'s Halloween (a good re-make because it took the main concept from the original and changed and added to the story)...  I\'ll be interested to see how Sam Rami re-makes his own movie when he does Evil Dead again...

As far as covers, I\'m mixed...

- Cover bands suck; making money off of someone elses music
- Studio covers by musicians that can\'t come up w/ an original tune; not worth listening to
- Rappers that use other people tunes to rap to (Puff Daddy ruining Zepp; and yes, I know that Zep made a career out of covering the old blues masters)
- When a band covers a tune live and it\'s not the whole show, I\'m okay w/ it.

you should check out Girl Talk! I really think you\'d dig it!

grellis.... Short Circuit was one of my favorite movies as a little girl!! im very interested to see a modern spin on it... those Robot Chicken guys have a really dry and twisted sense of humor, which excites me even more.... next, they should tackle Flight of the Navigator...
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 04:08:12 pm »
I have no idea why on earth anyone would want to re-make or re-interpret this truly terrible movie.

It was a really bad movie. Guttenberg and the guy pretending to be indian ? I mean come on. And I am the king of liking bad movies and this was just terrible.

I really would love to be a fly on the wall during some of the pitches made to movie houses.

might be funny if the guys from robot chicken rip it apart but what I am reading sounds terrible
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 04:19:18 pm »
Thank you elisa, me and you are typically on the same wavelength.

tmn8r1

• Guitar Slave
    • http://www.thebreakfast.org
Short Cicuit remake
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 04:21:51 pm »
i am currently writing a script for caddyshack 3 and adventures of ford fairlane 2.

a great adage - don\'t knock it until you try it.
When words leave off, music begins. - Heinrich Heine