Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-31 - Harpers Ferry; Allston, MA  (Read 13960 times)

liveforlive

Setlist: 2009-05-31 - Harpers Ferry; Allston, MA
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 05:02:55 pm »
Yeah I had trouble getting in as well, a long with a couple of my friends. I was surprised at how many asshats that place employs...

...oh well, I hope they killed it. I will have to catch them on the cruise with god damn U-Melt...
"I hate to advocate drugs, sex, violence, or insanity to anyone...but they\'ve always worked for me."
~Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 05:11:07 pm »
Great time! It was definitely Queeb > Metro and there was a Buried Alive tease in Metro...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 05:16:51 pm »
i thought i heard a smooth criminal tease somewhere in there too.

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 05:36:26 pm »
havent raged a breakfast show like that in quite some time.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:20 pm »
Quote from: liveforlive;232245
Yeah I had trouble getting in as well, a long with a couple of my friends. I was surprised at how many asshats that place employs....

How can that many people have trouble getting in?

worst venue ever?
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:43:35 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;232240
Quote from: Gfunk;232237
Gabo got denied and Mia The Chia got denied and got her 8th of headies taken. .

did Gabo have the band get him in?

So the chick got her headies taken and was also denied entrance?  That is not even right unless the door guy was a cop.  what the fuck?

Gabo was basically shit outta luck. I didn\'t see what exactly happened with Mia but i wouldn\'t have let those c0ck smokers snatch my stash. i felt/feel really bad for my friends who got shit on by these fucking losers, why would they not want more people inside buying drinks?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 05:47:16 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;232249
havent raged a breakfast show like that in quite some time.

How long since your last Breakfast show?  2005?  NTD

Quote from: Gfunk;232253

Gabo was basically shit outta luck. I didn\'t see what exactly happened with Mia but i wouldn\'t have let those c0ck smokers snatch my stash. i felt/feel really bad for my friends who got shit on by these fucking losers, why would they not want more people inside buying drinks?

She should have taken her **** back if she was gonna be denied entrance, or possibly rally up the hundred people who did not get in to mutinize the door[-]man[/-]meathead
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 05:47:16 pm by alexanderzurflu »

thatguy

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 05:55:31 pm »
todd told me that gavin put himself in that possition cutting the line and arguing with the bouncer to no end until the guy just said get out of here....just saying.ok so we get a good turnout here...awesome,oh wait lets talkshit about the venue so no one shows up next time...sweet

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 07:08:37 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;232257
todd told me that gavin put himself in that possition cutting the line and arguing with the bouncer to no end until the guy just said get out of here....just saying.ok so we get a good turnout here...awesome,oh wait lets talkshit about the venue so no one shows up next time...sweet

i will still go to shows there and i\'m not trying to deter others from coming out but there is no denying that the doorguys were asshats. :shrug:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

thatguy

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 07:14:15 pm »
asshats,yes,but worse venue ever?ithink not! we need that place right now and honestly the stage,sound and cap. is perfect for us,better than the middle east for sure...but asshats yes

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 07:16:09 pm »
The horror stories of unnecessary meathead nonsense at this place make it sound like a bullshit operation. Maybe more a reflection of Boston/northeast in general than this bar specifically.  

Glad you guys played a great show with a great turnout and look forward to seeing you on the boat, papa smurf!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 07:17:39 pm »
Quote from: thatguy;232257

good to hear that the place was almost packed. hopefully a lot of noobs will be turned onto you guys now... by the looks of that setlist how could they not!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

thatguy

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 07:23:12 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;232260
The horror stories of unnecessary meathead nonsense at this place make it sound like a bullshit operation. Maybe more a reflection of Boston/northeast in general than this bar specifically.  

Glad you guys played a great show with a great turnout and look forward to seeing you on the boat, papa smurf!

see ya zurffete!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 07:56:51 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;232237
yeah fuck those meatheadfuckwaddipshitprickjobs. Gabo got denied and Mia The Chia got denied and got her 8th of headies taken. Queeb>metrop was fuckin ser kiiiiiid. Party bus fo life.

What happened to MA. being **** friendly?
Could of sworn there was some hoopla about that around here recently.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 08:00:06 pm »
Party bus was off the hook, I\'m still feelin pretty w00ked out from all that.

Adr , I hear you on the it\'s a good venue you wanna play angle, but fact of the matter is probably your most stoked fan to see you that night -- probably Gavin -- got seriously injusticized at the door.

It could have been any or all of us... they said Gavin had "one too many" but many of us were way worse for wear post Phish than him on the way into Harpers. Those of us who did have tickets in advance had to wait at the end of the line and were let in well into the start of Tribal. They asked us where we had all come from (who cares?) and we said Phish, and they made us wait outside until callin some undercover po-po to try to buy **** and shit from the fans inside. Finally they let us in and I thought shit there must be 1000 people in here if I can\'t even get in with tickets in hand....

Awesome totally excellent Breakfast show and one of the best times of my life that night--

But also dickest move ever seen by a venue to single out and shaft Gavin like that. He was just asking why the fuck we couldn\'t get in to see the band once we could hear them already playing. We were all asking the same thing and there was nothing rude about how Gavin approached it he was just frustrated as many of us were. Just for the record :P

Breakfast also kicked some ass that night !
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising