Author Topic: DVD release for Star Wars trilogy  (Read 1874 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
DVD release for Star Wars trilogy
« on: February 12, 2004, 07:28:20 am »
ahh dave, finally something to replace your laser disc box set:

The original Star Wars trilogy will be released on DVD for the first time in September, Lucasfilm has announced.
Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi will be released as a four-disc box set, with bonus footage and improved picture and sound quality.

Lucasfilm executive producer Jim Ward said he hoped the long-awaited DVDs would be "as memorable as seeing the movies for the first time".

The DVDs will be followed by Star Wars: Episode 3, due in cinemas in May 2005.

The trilogy will be released on 21 September in the US and Canada, with international release dates "following closely", Lucasfilm said.

The set contains a bonus disc filled with new features, including a feature-length documentary said to be the most comprehensive ever produced about the Star Wars saga.

It also includes previously unseen footage from the making of all three films.

Each film has been digitally restored and re-mastered for superior sound and picture quality.
The films will only be available as a collection, and the release will be greeted with delight by fans.

They are the most frequently requested films for the DVD format, according to the official Star Wars website.

Executive producer Mr Ward said: "We know how long fans have waited for this release and how much they have been looking forward to it.

"So everyone has been working overtime to make sure that the Star Wars trilogy on DVD is an awesome experience."

Mr Ward said the DVDs would deliver "the very best possible sound and picture and take advantage of everything the medium can offer".

"On top of that, we are creating added-value material that gets inside the creation of the Star Wars films in a fresh and fun way," he said.

Fans were urged to check the official website over coming months for "more specific details".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3478493.stm
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

The Arm

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2004, 08:36:15 am »
Here is a a couple of Star Wars jokes ...

1. How does Luke get to Endor ? ... E Woks

2. Luke and Darth are hanging out. Darth turns to Luke and says ...
(In Vader voice) "LUKE, I know what you got for Christmas."
Luke says, "Really, how do you know that?"
Darth says "I felt your presents!"

You can all use them if you want. They go great at partys.

Peace.

The Arm

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2004, 09:03:06 am »
wow, those were painfull. I hope they put the x-mas special in the bonus features...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 10:37:34 am »
The only place I\'ve ever seen the X-Mas Special is at the video store where I work (and the cheap copy of it I made).  It\'s not even "funny because it\'s bad"... it\'s just freaking terrible.  Don\'t even watch it as a joke... just don\'t.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2004, 01:42:13 pm »
As the clouds parted and the Sun shone through George said " Let there be DVD\'s of my one true triumph. " And it was so. Yeah huzzah yahoo!!!
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.