Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-05-15 - Red Square; Albany, NY  (Read 10386 times)

peacefrogg

Setlist: 2009-05-15 - Red Square; Albany, NY
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 04:08:42 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230940
Synergy jam featured some of the nastiest guitar I\'ve seen.

Peace Frog... oh yeah, lol, that was that song I didn\'t really like. Doors = snooooze

2nd set would have been straight fire without the Zzzz Frog ;)

lol.. no i agree, i could have done without it as well. i don\'t know what it was, the sound, the playing, or maybe the help of some pcp ;) but i\'ve never heard the breakfast like i did in set 2. newb/whatever, that was incredible.

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14:43 pm »
Quote from: peacefrogg;230941

Peace Frog... oh yeah, lol, that was that song I didn\'t really like. Doors = snooooze

lol.. no i agree, i could have done without it as well. i don\'t know what it was, the sound, the playing, or maybe the help of some pcp ;) but i\'ve never heard the breakfast like i did in set 2. newb/whatever, that was incredible.

How does "peacefrogg" concur that he could have done without "Peace Frog"? My head hurts...
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 04:16:11 pm »
dude likes to get wet, who can question that logic :lol:

:peace:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2009, 01:14:13 am »
wait a sec, whose peacefrogg?!?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2009, 03:17:52 am »
pardon my ignorance but what is type I, II, and III jamming?  I\'ve head the terms a few times but don\'t know what they refer to.   Anyways, that show was absolutely awesome.  I arrived exhausted; yet once the b\'fast began I couldn\'t help but get up and dance!  I thought I heard a Primus or Les Claypool tease at one point during the show, but I could just be imagining that.  Great, great weekend seeing the breakfast & fam.
♥♫∞

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2009, 08:53:16 am »
Peace Frog withouth Blue Sunday just blows... I\'ve been saying it for years...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2009, 09:22:42 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;230971
pardon my ignorance but what is type I, II, and III jamming?  I\'ve head the terms a few times but don\'t know what they refer to.   Anyways, that show was absolutely awesome.  I arrived exhausted; yet once the b\'fast began I couldn\'t help but get up and dance!  I thought I heard a Primus or Les Claypool tease at one point during the show, but I could just be imagining that.  Great, great weekend seeing the breakfast & fam.

I could probably wikipedia this for a better answer but...

Type 1 jamming = Variations of an established theme, usually sticking to the original key / mode or however people teach themselves music. Think: Live "Wading in a Velvet Sea"... Trey is basically attempting to play the melody as it was originally written but there is improv.

Type 2 jamming = Varations in time / key / basically a bit adventurous but still within the scope of the original song. Think "Stash".

Type 3 jamming = That 27+ minute AC/DC bag.... jams that make you forget what the hell they were playing. And many of the long funked out jams. Breakfast jams this way a lot and it takes some balls to do it because it\'s basically full-on improv with the intent of, at some point, getting back to some resemblance of the song.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:33:32 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56:57 am »
of course you have to reference phish for the types of jamming, because, well, they invented it.

tweezer from A Live One.....mad type III
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2009, 10:48:24 am »
tunage from daniel street in august, SER TYPE III...probably the best breakfast example i can think of off the top of my head
DS Newbers

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 11:35:40 am »
Thanks for the clarification.  A lot more posts make sense to me now :D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:38:53 am by cannontrip »
♥♫∞

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 12:22:03 pm »
what song is this again?

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:47 pm »
All rolled into one...
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

peacefrogg

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 12:48:23 pm »
peacefrogg = palli

peaches i\'ve met you a few times (and a few others) but forget your names every time! lol. partied with you in utica at the premoe.down throw.down a few years ago. i\'m friends with greg. i\'ve only been to a handful of shows (middle east, the call, porter\'s tap room..) but have been going since \'04.

thanks for explaining the type jamming. i was a bit confused as well. definitely makes more sense now!

peaches... it was the stone church show that i raged with you if you remember. we were slammin crown n cokes all night and my buddy kule brought his bull mastiff which was running around during the whole second set. lol. just trying to jog your memory, since it took me a second too ;)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:48:23 pm by peacefrogg »

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 12:58:29 pm »

So let me get this straight...your handle is "peacefrogg" and you could have done without hearing Peace Frog?  And I assume that you probably have other "Peace Frog" handles and email addresses and thus have been devoted to proclaiming your love of Peace Frog for a long time.  I mean, you didn\'t just show up on thebreakfast.info and think "Gee, I need a handle for this new board I\'m joining, what the heck should I go with?  How about Peace Frog, that\'s a good song."  No, you ARE the Peace Frog.  Peace Frog is YOUR friggin song.  Furthermore, unless you are seeing a Doors cover band, Peace Frog is a total bustout by anybody.  How are you not shocked and stoked any time this happens?  How many times in your life will you see Peace Frog performed live by anybody?    

NANNIES ALERT!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 01:03:56 pm by Wolfman »

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 01:01:50 pm »
Quote from: Wolfman;231024

So let me get this straight...your handle is "peacefrogg" and you could have done without hearing Peace Frog?  And I assume that you probably have other "Peace Frog" handles and email addresses and thus have been devoted to proclaiming your love of Peace Frog for a long time.  I mean, you didn\'t just show up on thebreakfast.info and think "Gee, I need a handle for this new board I\'m joining, what the heck should I go with?  How about Peace Frog, that\'s a good song."  No, you ARE the Peace Frog.  Peace Frog is YOUR friggin song.  Furthermore, unless you are seeing a Doors cover band, Peace Frog is a total bustout by anybody.  How are you not shocked and stoked any time this happens?  How many times in your life will you see Peace Frog performed live by anybody?    

Granted it doesn\'t have to be the highlight of your show or anything, but I\'m curious to know how you could do without your theme song, played as a total bustout by a band as good as The Breakfast.

I know where he\'s coming from... Vassillios isn\'t my favorite DB song. But it makes for a cool handle.

I\'d rather hear Vassillios than most DB songs tho.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside