Author Topic: Adrian Responds to Questions Regarding the Future of The Breakfast  (Read 45421 times)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Adrian Responds to Questions Regarding the Future of The Breakfast
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 10:56:53 pm »
I wish all press releases would just come out and say what is really going on like this one does.  Good job Ad!

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 11:39:59 pm »
Quote from: freddiewaht;230632
see yaal tommorow night..

:that:
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

KEN RAFLOWITZ

• Weird Ken Yankodic
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 01:58:48 am »
:beerban::banguitar::rimshot:Yo Breakfast Munchers!!! WE Can\'t Let The Guys Sell Off The Van & Trailer!!!
A Mail In Fund Raiser Might SAVE The Day!!! A Benefit Show Is Good But Won\'t Do What Is
Needed. Whoever Is In Charge Of The Band Finances Set Up A Save The Band Fund Raising
Account Along With A Mail In Address.Keep The Fund Progress & Updates Posted Daily.
If Enough Fans Pool Our Few Bucks Over THe Next Six Months It May Be Enough Stimulus
Package To Straighten Out Their Deficit. Adrian Gave Me The Amount The Band Is Down.
1,000 Fans Giving $30 Each Would Do It. Or 500 Fans Giving $60 Each. Or 30,000 Fans
Giving $1 Each. Well You All Can Figure It Out.If Enough People Give A Few Bucks There Is
No Problem! Donations Could Be Ongoing For Lights,Ads,Equipment,Roadies....
                           Enough Babble! Let\'s  Get It Going!!!

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!!   :banlove::stoned:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 04:44:43 pm by KEN RAFLOWITZ »

Stephengencs

• Road Runner Baby
    • http://
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 02:19:16 am »
Ken, please dont misguide all your posative energy.  The Breakfast is going to be around for as long as New Haven hasnt been decimated by nuclear warfare or overrun with a foreign invader.  What needs to be focused on and nurtured is the creative genius that is in these guys.  The Breakfast is solid.  It is obvious, 10 years later, that IT IS NOT out time (the Breakfast\'s time).....However, we are still privy to the musicians and have the ability to support them in all they do.  At this point we should encourage them all to go out and make their mark in the scene, and then bring the Breakfast back in 2 to 3 to 5 or WHATEVER years, when it IS THEIR TIME.  Tim couldn\'t even humor me with a tease of a new original song at BAR this week.  I was saddened by that for many reasons, but most of all knowing that it may be time for The Breakfast to back their way out of "the scene", and its time for these guys to get out and start getting the recognition that they have had coming to them for a decade now.   Either way, its been one hell of a week and I cannot wait to get to Toads Place tomorrow for whatever is gonna happen..........514-EAD
I stepped into a nightmare. Noticed you were right there. - Doozer
After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. -Mandela
Your Mom\'s a whore. - Broseph

GLuft3

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 08:53:39 am »
I\'m glad this came out, and it\'s pretty clear that the people here will do whatever they can to support the band.  Clearly, we all need to get out and pack Toads tonight.  I think Ken\'s idea has some merit to get the boys out of the hole they\'re in.  Count me in.

As for the long-term direction of the band, I think they need to do whatever it is that they feel they need to do to make whatever it is they want to happen to happen.  huh? :huh:

These are some of the most talented musicians I\'ve ever seen or heard.  They should be packing venues large and small.  At the very least, they should be able to make a decent living sharing their gift.

I don\'t know what it takes to make a band "hit it big."  It\'s probably a combination of talent, desire, hard work, luck, and timing.  If they want "our" help with that, then I\'m sure we\'ll all give what we can.  But I don\'t think it\'s clear what it is we *should* be doing--and it\'s bigger than .info.  Think "preaching to the choir."  I\'m sure some gigs pay more than others while other gigs just get them good exposure.  I don\'t even pretend to understand the whole booking and management thing.

I\'m not really sure where I\'m going with this--and I have to take my kids to a soccer game--but I guess the point is we appreciate the band want to support them any way we can.
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 12:31:11 pm »
Quote from: galenas;230631
we really should be paying to download shows. if we want this band to continue playing, we gotta support them in every way we can.

I totally agree! The live stuff is the best music to have, so why not make them a little extra back for all of the free music we\'ve enjoyed all this time?
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 01:03:01 pm »
perfect solution: toads place will have $300 tickets tonight. if you already bought one, you can get the discounted ticket of $295. If you\'re on guest list, you\'re probably ALWAYS on guestlist and you get the special guest list price of $987!

problem=solved. :lol:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 01:45:14 pm »
Paying to download shows........ awww come on :( ... letting people listen to shows is free advertising. Bad idea IMO and would suck for those of us who rage the downloads.

Now... KEN... right on man! Somebody set this shit up and we\'ll see what we\'ve got in us. Right? Can\'t hurt.

My general impression shootin the shit for a minute with Adrian last night (correct me if I\'m wrong man) is that, yeah as musicians they want to explore and see what possibilities there are, but I\'m pretty sure if they could at least get paid they\'d be raging Breakfast for life.

Long live The Breakfast! Set up the fund and we\'ll see what happens, right? And get them to headline the "Let It Roll Festival - Sept 18th-20th" ... as discussed in the camping thread I think this is really good timing to give something back. When you want something to happen -- you make it happen.

If half the board shits on the idea of a fund... whatever feel free to not pitch in. I think you might be surprised...
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2009, 02:56:41 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;230649
:beerban::banguitar::rimshot:Yo Breakfast Munchers!!! WE Can\'t Let The Guys Sell Off The Van & Trailer!!!
A Mail In Fund Raiser Might SAVE The Day!!! A Benefit Show Is Good But Won\'t Do What Is
Needed. Whoever Is In Charge Of The Band Finances Set Up A Save The Band Fund Raising
Account Along With A Mail In Address.Keep The Fund Progress & Updates Posted Daily.
If Enough Fans Pool Our Few Bucks Over THe Next Six Months It May Be Enough Stimulus
Package To Straighten Out Their Deficit. Adrian Gave Me The Amount The Band Is Down.
1,000 Fans Giving $30 Each Would Do It. Or 500 Fans Giving $60 Each. Or 30,000 Fans
Giving $1 Each. Well You All Can Figure It Out.If Enough People Give A Few Bucks There Is
No Problem! Donations Could Be Ongoing For Lights,Ads,Equipment,Roadies....
                           Enough Babble! Let\' Get It Going!!!

THERE IS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!!!   :banlove::stoned:

Quote from: bdfreetuna;230675
Paying to download shows........ awww come on :( ... letting people listen to shows is free advertising. Bad idea IMO and would suck for those of us who rage the downloads.

Now... KEN... right on man! Somebody set this shit up and we\'ll see what we\'ve got in us. Right? Can\'t hurt.

My general impression shootin the shit for a minute with Adrian last night (correct me if I\'m wrong man) is that, yeah as musicians they want to explore and see what possibilities there are, but I\'m pretty sure if they could at least get paid they\'d be raging Breakfast for life.

Long live The Breakfast! Set up the fund and we\'ll see what happens, right? And get them to headline the "Let It Roll Festival - Sept 18th-20th" ... as discussed in the camping thread I think this is really good timing to give something back. When you want something to happen -- you make it happen.

If half the board shits on the idea of a fund... whatever feel free to not pitch in. I think you might be surprised...

This idea is so fucking ridiculous. At least that is what I was told by a whole lot of people years ago.

http://www.thebreakfast.info/forum/showthread.php?t=5157&highlight=touring+fund

Quote from: inthewhitelodge;230667
Quote from: galenas;230631
we really should be paying to download shows. if we want this band to continue playing, we gotta support them in every way we can.

I totally agree! The live stuff is the best music to have, so why not make them a little extra back for all of the free music we\'ve enjoyed all this time?

They can\'t even get their shows taped so how are we going to buy them?
:sigh:
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 02:56:41 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2009, 03:36:44 pm »
Quote from: leith;230681

This idea is so fucking ridiculous. At least that is what I was told by a whole lot of people years ago.

Yeah but that was a fund so they could go play out where you live. :lol:

Slightly different concept :shrug:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2009, 03:49:13 pm »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230686

Whatever. Enjoy the slow death of a great band.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2009, 03:55:39 pm »
really wish i wasnt sitting here at work til 9pm.  wish i was on my way to CT to rage Toad\'s with everyone.  here\'s  hoping to a NJ show in the near future....

obsession600

• The Duke Of NY A#1
    • http://
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2009, 04:12:32 pm »
I encourage and applaud all efforts to help the band out but it is going to take more than erasing their debt to make them successful. There is more than money problems holding them back and nothing seems to have an easy solution.

Raising money is always a good thing though so what I was thinking is the band should look at releasing some stuff on itunes. They could do a  remaster of an old show or release some studio quality singles for low overhead.
"I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know."
"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
-James Brown

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2009, 04:44:57 pm »
Quote from: leith;230688
Quote from: bdfreetuna;230686

Whatever. Enjoy the slow death of a great band.

Sorry you\'re bitter that you don\'t get to see The Breakfast out there on the west cost but this post is uncalled for. The negativity is not helping anything. Your whole "I told you so," attitude as of late really sucks. Yeah I\'m sure if we all just listened to you over all these years The band would be at least as big as TLG right :rolleyes:? Since you are so wise and prolific, why don\'t you just enlighten us all and tell us what needs to happen now to save the band instead of posting shit like "enjoy the slow death of a great band." It\'s obviously all us kool-aid drinking northeasterners faults that the band is in this position, right. We should never have tried to support the band and what ever decisions they felt were the right ones to make. we all shouldve listened to leith :banghead:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

connection1

• Broseph 4 LIFE
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2009, 04:58:33 pm »
How about just eliminating the guest list at shows so the band can make more of a profit. Too many people take advantage of these fellas. It should be for pleasure that we do favors for them and not to be able to get into shows free of charge. IT NEEDS TO STOP
Goral