Author Topic: Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon  (Read 12776 times)

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2009, 04:37:39 am »
not gonna lie, i kinda like that song.  its so damn catchy.  just not feeling the whole hipster part.  speaking of which- my new favorite website: http://www.latfh.com/
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2009, 05:48:50 am »
Quote from: Klout;229163
death blow my ass

your comments are starting to approach the yoda level of discourse these days dave. honestly. do I need to make an according to mkdevo thread now?

Everyone is allows their own opinion and is afforded the right to express it (especially Dave because this is HIS site).
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

psychjosh

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2009, 07:58:54 am »
Quote from: Dweasel Weasel;227758
The singer boy is giving us bowtie wearers a bad name....

He\'s a ginger! Don\'t look him in the eye!
Way to go Matty O!

Quote from: Matt o;229160
sorry cats,
i prolly shouldn\'t of busted in on the thread.  I was just stressed today from too many plane flights (6 in the last week or two) so I was surfin the web and I saw this thread and I felt bad that people was hatin on me.  so I wrote something.  prolly shoulda kept myself in check.  this should be a place where you can say whatever you want so I\'m gonna lay low again.  I want yalls to feel free.  no bad feelings.  love all around.  
also
zurflu:  let me know when you are coming down and i think i can guestlist you.  as for the one finger keyboard part, I think we got it covered.  notice its on an original casio keyboard.

No haters (that matter) around here Matt! I think MOST OF US wish you the Very best. I for one am super excited for you!! Best of Luck!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:58:54 am by psychjosh »
Bring Back the Shotty Nasal!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2009, 08:15:38 am »
keep sippin that kool-aid, kids!

klout, you\'re the headiest, baby! everyone knows the breakfast is only good when you say they are! fucking kloutshoes is more like it.

yeah, no shit jordan is the perfect keyboard player for this band. that\'s some "ser biz" intel you got there.

regardless, matt brought a whole new life and energy to this band that was heard coast to coast. that life left with matt.

jordan came back and the band is obviously still great, but with that, the breakfast has basically become a side project. a really good side project, but a side project nonetheless.

the musicians in the breakfast are better than the breakfast will ever be. i would really love to see them each be able to go out and use their amazing talents to make incredible lives for themselves. that is something that isn\'t going to happen with the breakfast.

kloutshoes, your boy ellis got out to go make a better life for himself. i want the same for my friends.

flame away, fluffers! i hate to hear things told like they are too!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2009, 09:25:03 am »
i miss IFQ. that was a good song.

if tim and adj join up with other bands, i will continue to follow what they are doing. it might be best for them since they are so talented.

but there just ain\'t nothin like the breakfast. best band in the usa.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2009, 03:12:24 pm »
That song is fucking sweet. Is the whole album worth it Cobb? Great tune.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2009, 03:20:14 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;229193
That song is fucking sweet. Is the whole album worth it Cobb? Great tune.

You can listen to all the songs on their Myspace page, no purchase necessary to sample.  A lot of them are actually pretty good.

Quote from: estahwhaddup;229176
just not feeling the whole hipster part.  speaking of which- my new favorite website: http://www.latfh.com/

I\'m a fan of the bowtie.

As for hipsters, I pretty much hate a lot of those scrawny snots with bad attitudes and obnoxious attire.

On my last trip to see friends and family in the OC beach towns, I saw so many douchebag scenesters that it gave me the idea to start a poserwatch website.  Poser of the week is at every turn.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 03:20:14 pm by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2009, 04:50:42 pm »
I think I\'ve reached the point where I am done overgeneralizing all people within a specific scene. I really like a lot of hippies (whatever that means today), but can\'t stand a ton. I\'ve fallen in love with certain hipsters, thrown up around others. Jocks can be hilarious and down to earth, but can also fulfill all of the negative stereotypes associated with the "jock." This goes for goth-sters, skaters, squares, whatever. It all comes down to the person being able to practice agency within a structure, someone who finds the balance between maintaining reasonable norms (to prevent chaos) while expressing their individuality. And in the end, I realize that I base all of this on my own perceptions and opinions. So what-thee fuck-ever. I\'ll still call someone a douche bag, but realize someone else is calling me a douche bag simultaneously. This is the case when we don\'t scratch the surface and think "our scene" is the "best scene," perpetuating the constant douche-bag conflict.

Music fits the same formula for me--of course there are certain cookie-cutter tendencies within pop culture that make money by taking advantage of the grand sucker, but there\'s plenty of pop shit I find to be righteous pop. If it sounds good, to me, I will listen to it... a lot. I just want to dance, and in this case, Chester helped me out.

That said, I don\'t think Matt is a sell out or a douche bag (I know no one was really saying that in this thread), but his departure style was dick and posting in this thread (especially the content of each) was pretty douche.

AlZ--I\'m with you on the poserwatch. I guess that\'s what I\'m trying to get at, there are real people in every scene and posers in every scene. I avoid posers, once I know they are truly posers.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 04:50:42 pm by Gordo »
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2009, 05:15:27 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;229184

klout, you\'re the headiest, baby! everyone knows the breakfast is only good when you say they are! fucking kloutshoes is more like it.

yeah, no shit jordan is the perfect keyboard player for this band. that\'s some "ser biz" intel you got there.

regardless, matt brought a whole new life and energy to this band that was heard coast to coast. that life left with matt.

jordan came back and the band is obviously still great, but with that, the breakfast has basically become a side project. a really good side project, but a side project nonetheless.

the musicians in the breakfast are better than the breakfast will ever be. i would really love to see them each be able to go out and use their amazing talents to make incredible lives for themselves. that is something that isn\'t going to happen with the breakfast.

kloutshoes, your boy ellis got out to go make a better life for himself. i want the same for my friends.

well said.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2009, 06:14:03 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;229184

Thank god for creating multiple points of view. Guess I\'m not quite ready to get all jaded just yet. I also disagree... The Breakfast is greater than the individual musicians, as great as they all are. If reality checks are what we\'re about here.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2009, 06:27:57 pm »
I just wanted to come in here to say that i got nothin but love for Matty OH Striker! good luck with everything. P.S. Long Live The Breakfast.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2009, 09:02:06 am »
Quote from: bdfreetuna;229203

Guess I\'m not quite ready to get all jaded just yet.  

Quote from: bdfreetuna;229203
I also disagree... The Breakfast is greater than the individual musicians, as great as they all are. If reality checks are what we\'re about here.

Agreed also. Timmy tour and all the divvied up side projects are nothing compared to bfast.

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts!  

They are all awesome musicians and could go on to do other things but saying they are individually better than the whole just makes absolutely no  sense whatsoever. kloutshoes!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 09:06:03 am by Klout »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2009, 09:51:42 am »
well, at least you\'re consistent at completely missing the point. yes klout, i think tim should leave the breakfast and continue to play cover songs in new haven bars the rest of his life. seriously, get a clue.

the breakfast, while a great band that i love, are nothing. seriously. in the grand scheme of things, they\'re nothing. no one knows who they are, and there\'s about 100 people that like them enough to pay attention. they deserve better than that, and again, it ain\'t gonna happen with the breakfast.

there\'s more to life than just the breakfast and timmy tour. and while you may not get that, i sure hope they do.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2009, 09:57:14 am »
:popcorn:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2009, 10:23:23 am »
This is turning into a really interesting thread....  A couple points...

1.  All 6 (past and present) members have had the chops to make a professional career in the music industry.
2.  The band has accomplished a lot, but several factors have heeded their advancement (Name change, merry-go-round members, lack of real management, lack of publicity, lack of touring).

Contrary to popular belief, I\'d like nothing more than for these guys to succeed and be as big as Phish, but right now, I\'d settle for them being as big as they were several years ago...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen