Author Topic: The Anti-Clear Channel Tour  (Read 1624 times)

tiedyetoga

The Anti-Clear Channel Tour
« on: February 03, 2004, 04:37:43 pm »
Hip-hop recording artist Sage Francis will headline the Fuck Clear Channel Tour, a spring club showcase that will play only venues not owned by the radio and concert conglomerate. "I want to rise the awareness of Clear Channel to the public, "says Francis. "They can sift through what\'s being force-fed to them and make their own decisions." Francis\' Non-Prophets, grand Buffet and Mac Lethal will all be on the tour, which starts Febuary 4th.
Source: Rolling Stone Magazine > Issue 942 > Feb. 19,2004

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 11:23:49 pm »
Interesting idea...reminiscient of Pearl Jam\'s "Fuck Ticketmaster" tour.  Too bad Sage\'s tour will consist of about 2 venues and no promo.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 02:07:14 am »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hip-hop recording artist Sage Francis will headline the Fuck Clear Channel Tour, a spring club showcase that will play only venues not owned by the radio and concert conglomerate. "I want to rise the awareness of Clear Channel to the public, "says Francis. "They can sift through what\'s being force-fed to them and make their own decisions." Francis\' Non-Prophets, grand Buffet and Mac Lethal will all be on the tour, which starts Febuary 4th.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: Rolling Stone Magazine > Issue 942 > Feb. 19.2004

Yeah nobody reads Rolling Stone anymore. So I guess being mentioned in it won\'t help Sage.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 04:25:34 am »
there gonna hit the same brick wall pj hit. Ticketmaster will tell any benue that they try to play at \'you book them, you will not get any of our buisness\' as a result, the tour will be playing places like new haven coliseum in its current condition.
ticketbastard has a monopoly on booking venues, and the gov refuses to do anything about them. Who knows, election year, maybe they can make an issue of it, but its doubtful
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 06:45:39 am »
Originally posted by Wolfman
Interesting idea...reminiscient of Pearl Jam\'s "Fuck Ticketmaster" tour.  

yeah.. except people had a clue who PJ was. :)

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 03:53:40 pm »
Originally posted by davepeck

yeah.. except people had a clue who PJ was. :)

Well he\'s certainly no Pearl Jam, but I saw Sage Francis 1 year ago at Lupo\'s and he stuffed the place.