Author Topic: Tim\'s guitar rig  (Read 2079 times)

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 09:47:27 am »
Cool, thanks for the info Spacey. Tell Sean thanks too.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 10:05:54 am »
No problem.

Anytime I can help.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 11:38:10 am »
Quote from: Yoda;207150
See - I may be dumb, but I had to look up Robin Trower to see who he was.  See, I\'d have to be in the mod to listen to Protocol Harum, but I can throw on Blind Faith or the Rainbow Concert any day of the week and not get bored.  I guess it\'s all personal taste.

Robin Trower had no creative liberty in Procol Harum. While they were a good band... Robin Trower\'s solo act following the split is a whole different animal.

Please check out Bridge of Sighs.... possibly the best British blues album of all time.

peace!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

GLuft3

Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 09:32:26 pm »
How about a follow-up: Does Tim run the Strat and the Spider through the same FX and amp?  Or are there variations?
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Mark

• Ser PB Fan
    • http://
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 04:40:07 pm »
Bridge of Sighs - Oh yeah! Bought it new on vinyl when it came out and still have it. Classic!
"Anyone who knows a god damn thing about this band and has been there as long as some of us have, know god damn well that this show was something special." Ren re: Toads 8/23/07

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 01:17:49 am »
Last I saw TB Tim was playing a Mesa Boogie Mark IV.  I have a Mark II C+ that I should take to the show for him to play through tomorrow night;)  Nah...that would be too much amp for Tim....I\'m kidding

JOUNCE

Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 04:50:18 pm »
The biggest component of Timmy\'s tone, aside from his hands, is his guitar amp.  A Mesa Boogie Nomad 1x12 that he pumps thru a 4x12 recto cab. The foot switch to control the amp is dead center in his pedal board and is the majority of his distortion, beefed up with the aforementioned pedals.  I am also a mesa user and have had a few discussions with Tim about how wonderful there amps are and how he should think about utilizing the effects loop with such a long chain.  He has has taken care of the signal loss instead with a buffered line level pre- in his pedalboard.  He did use to rock a Mark IV which is similar in sound to the his current Nomad rig.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
Tim\'s guitar rig
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2009, 10:52:23 pm »

i wouldn\'t mind a little something like these...
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside