Author Topic: The Official LOVE and KINDNESS Thread  (Read 1925 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
The Official LOVE and KINDNESS Thread
« on: April 02, 2009, 11:14:18 am »
Only kind and loving things will be said in here.  

Had a rough day?  Need some encouragement?  Come to this thread and let us -- well, so far just me -- cheer you up.

ANY POST IN THIS THREAD THAT IS ANYTHING BUT KIND AND LOVING WILL BE DELETED.

I AM SAYING THIS NOW SO THAT NOW SO THAT NO ONE GETS UPSET WHEN I DELETE THEIR POST.  IF YOU DON\'T LIKE IT, I STILL LOVE YOU ANYWAY.  BECAUSE THAT\'S WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.
Postcount +1.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 11:47:41 am »
I got really excited about this thread....and then i realized you may be executing some great sarcasm.  If you aren\'t, awe...this is great...this is what i was talking about yesterday!!!  Peace, and love, and hugs.   We seriously need to be kind to each other more often than we are.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 12:35:19 pm »
i love love! :)

peaches626

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:37:20 pm »
My feet smell like burnt rubber tires mixed with sour milk.

This is a test.

Love,
   Peaches
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:48:48 pm »
i love the breakfast
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 01:23:33 pm »
The Fraternity of Man

I was thinking about this the other day. I think it really sums up life\'s experience quite nicely. See I was thinking about God and what he / she must be like. And then the phrase Fraternity of Man entered in to my consciousness.

I was thinking what kind of a god makes people toil all day at jobs most of them hate in pursuit of the all mighty dollar. What type of an existence is this for his "children". I think it is safe to say that when you ask most parents what they want for their children they will answer "for them to be happy" So if god is the ultimate Father, what makes him / her / it so different.

And then Fraternity of Man once again entered the minds eye. And EUREKA I understood it all. god isn\'t really a father figure at all. He is your Fraternity bother / sister etc. Life is a huge hazing ritual. That is why life really isn\'t fair. Some folks get hazed way more than others. There is never really a reason someone gets hazed more than others sometimes there is (like being a whiny bitch, or fucking off or watering down bags) but most of the time it is pretty random. Kind of like life and why bad things sometimes happen to good people.

So remember people, you are being hazed. If you manage to tough it out you may one day be allowed in to the greatest fraternity of all. The only downside is it is run by a being that gets off on hazing the shit of people.

May your love choke on that!.

Just kidding I highly encourage all forms of free love, especially when given by a kneeling hottie.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 01:58:28 pm »
Mike, you make some interesting points.  I was recently told by an enlightened soul, "Breathe, chop wood, and carry water.  Do what you\'re doing and when it\'s supposed to be different, it will be".

I like to think of "God" as the creative energy that makes up all that is.  And we are in the process of remembering that we\'re all little pieces of this one thing.  And why are we doing it here?  Because this is supposed to be fun!  We are here to experience how much fun this physical existence is.  And fun is a choice which has very little to do with circumstance.  Remember when we were little kids and hated homework and our parents told us to try and make it a game?  If we just choose to look at our lives differently, we will experience our lives differently.  I love all of you very much because you are all me and I am all of you, and boy do we have fun.
Postcount +1.

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 02:28:52 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;225264
Mike, you make some interesting points.  I was recently told by an enlightened soul, "Breathe, chop wood, and carry water.  Do what you\'re doing and when it\'s supposed to be different, it will be".

I like to think of "God" as the creative energy that makes up all that is.  And we are in the process of remembering that we\'re all little pieces of this one thing.  And why are we doing it here?  Because this is supposed to be fun!  We are here to experience how much fun this physical existence is.  And fun is a choice which has very little to do with circumstance.  Remember when we were little kids and hated homework and our parents told us to try and make it a game?  If we just choose to look at our lives differently, we will experience our lives differently.  I love all of you very much because you are all me and I am all of you, and boy do we have fun.

So if I touch myself (down there in my dirty spot) does that mean I am actually touching you ?

:)
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 03:37:43 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;225269
Quote from: Jim Cobb;225264

So if I touch myself (down there in my dirty spot) does that mean I am actually touching you ?

:)

yes and please keep doing it, it feels GREAT.
Postcount +1.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 04:03:38 pm »
I enjoy myself
DS Newbers

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:20:26 pm »
god shit
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 04:35:33 pm »
Yay, Jim, I almost started a thread about POSITIVITY yesterday!  Let\'s stop feeding the negative energy that is taking over dot info like the black smoke on Lost.  (a la, "Law of attraction"/the Secret, where more negative thoughts breed more negative reality).  

Kind of related: I am reading a wonderful book - The Power of Now by Eckhardt Tolle - that really emphasizes that the present is IT.  It talks about the "you" that is distinct from your MIND.  Your mind is constantly talking, judging, analyzing, comparing, planning, remembering, and generally dancing around in circles and making useless noise.  "You" can just observe that, from a place of connectedness to the present, and to everything that IS (trees, birds, energy, God, everything).  There is a sense of liberation and lightness, peace and stillness, when you see you don\'t have to listen to all these thoughts that the mind keeps jazzing about, especially the negativity.  The book also says time is an illusion, because all we have is NOW.  The ego/mind wants to hold onto the past (which is an illusion) to give it a sense of identity, and the ego wants to think about the future (also an illusion) to ensure some imagined fulfillment.  

Anyway, I am happy to see a thread in the spirit of the good and the positive.

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 05:04:57 pm »
Quote from: ulee;225290
Yay, Jim, I almost started a thread about POSITIVITY yesterday!  Let\'s stop feeding the negative energy that is taking over dot info like the black smoke on Lost.  (a la, "Law of attraction"/the Secret, where more negative thoughts breed more negative reality).  

Kind of related: I am reading a wonderful book - The Power of Now by Eckhardt Tolle - that really emphasizes that the present is IT.  It talks about the "you" that is distinct from your MIND.  Your mind is constantly talking, judging, analyzing, comparing, planning, remembering, and generally dancing around in circles and making useless noise.  "You" can just observe that, from a place of connectedness to the present, and to everything that IS (trees, birds, energy, God, everything).  There is a sense of liberation and lightness, peace and stillness, when you see you don\'t have to listen to all these thoughts that the mind keeps jazzing about, especially the negativity.  The book also says time is an illusion, because all we have is NOW.  The ego/mind wants to hold onto the past (which is an illusion) to give it a sense of identity, and the ego wants to think about the future (also an illusion) to ensure some imagined fulfillment.  

Anyway, I am happy to see a thread in the spirit of the good and the positive.

power of now is a classic.
but if you read the "lost" thread, you\'ll learn that apparently "now" is also an illusion.... ;)
Postcount +1.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 05:30:35 pm »
I love the BFAM.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 06:25:10 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;225228
Only kind and loving things will be said in here.  

Had a rough day?  Need some encouragement?  Come to this thread and let us -- well, so far just me -- cheer you up.

ANY POST IN THIS THREAD THAT IS ANYTHING BUT KIND AND LOVING WILL BE DELETED.

I AM SAYING THIS NOW SO THAT NOW SO THAT NO ONE GETS UPSET WHEN I DELETE THEIR POST.  IF YOU DON\'T LIKE IT, I STILL LOVE YOU ANYWAY.  BECAUSE THAT\'S WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT.

I love how you could abuse your moderation powers just to keep the thread all lovey dovey.
Total B.S. if you do so and you know it.
That being said, I think this thread is worthless why limit the love and kindness to one thread?
Come On.
;)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.