Author Topic: Favorite Movies  (Read 5235 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
Favorite Movies
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 02:47:00 pm »
my vote is loverboy.that dude who is a pizza delivering gigolo cracks me up.
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set

bluefunknebula

• F th cops n censorship 2
    • http://www.myspace.com/amplifier_worship
Favorite Movies
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 02:52:28 pm »
Originally posted by freddiewaht
my vote is loverboy.that dude who is a pizza delivering gigolo cracks me up.

nice...forgot about that one! i just started delivering pizza on wednesdays to help my friend out too...

The Arm

Favorite Movies
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 04:09:27 pm »
Frank Zappa, I meant to say that I love the quote in your signature. The Gunslinger/Dark Tower series is great!!! I have yet to read Wolves of Calla.

Everyone who replied has made me a happy Man (or ARM.) Terry Gilliam, Tim Burton, Wes Anderson, Peter Jackson, Kevin Smith, and Slap Shot!! Rock on!!

Since some of you see the band regularly, you should have them post their favorite movies. Peace.

The Arm (Harley)

P.S. How do I change my "newbie pbfan" thing?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
Favorite Movies
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 11:03:09 pm »
hey harley,just outta curiousity,when and where did you sit in with pb?

mango lube

• 100% Egyptian Cotton
Favorite Movies
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2004, 03:53:14 am »
Evil Alien Conquerors
But I\'m A Cheerleader
Fight Club
Stigmata
Memento
Requiem For A Dream
Boys Don\'t Cry
Hedwig and the Angry Inch
Half Baked

The Arm

Favorite Movies
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2004, 08:38:35 am »
Freddiewaht,

Exact dates I am not sure. Everytime they have played at Mainely Brew in Waterville ME, Jmacs Party in Rome ME, The benefit for thier stolen gear (as the ARM.)

I played in this group called The Perpetual Motion Machine. PB and PMM used to play together at Tammany Hall, and up in Maine. However PMM broke up (sniff.)  

I wish I could get to more PB shows. I had to miss the last Ale House (Portland) show, but if they come to Maine I am there!! One day when the time and show is right I will make the trek to Conn. to see them in they\'re natural habitat.

My question for you Freddiewaht. Is your user name supposed to be freddiewhat but you switched the "a and h"? I have always wondered.

Peace.
Harley

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Favorite Movies
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2004, 08:42:21 am »
Originally posted by The Arm
Frank Zappa, I meant to say that I love the quote in your signature. The Gunslinger/Dark Tower series is great!!! I have yet to read Wolves of Calla.

yea, I just finished re-reading the first three, and I\'m reading through salem\'s lot right now bc the priest shows up heavily in wolves, and I\'ve never read salems\'. Plus book 5 isnt suppost to be out until july, so I\'ve got some time...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Favorite Movies
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2004, 08:45:57 am »
Originally posted by The Arm

I played in this group called The Perpetual Motion Machine. PB and PMM used to play together at Tammany Hall, and up in Maine. However PMM broke up (sniff.)  

Harley - no shit! what did you play? I thought you guys ripped (froma ME, right?) - too bad you broke up.

onlycaught you once at the tammany, the guitarist sat in and ripped it up on king kong. still one of my favs. I thought you guys were great, and I rember thinking it sucked cause you didnt have a mailing list.

you also played paperback writer, and that was one of the first times pb played one big mob. also frst show I had my camera at, so I have a tom of pics from it.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

JSleeper240

• I fling poo
Favorite Movies
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2004, 11:02:09 am »
Outside Providence
Clockwork Orange
Monty Python\' s The Meaning of Life
High Fidelity
PCU

Ahhhh, Zappa movies. In my opinion, belong in a different catergorical list. You wouldn\'t put one on and have a little lady over for...   it has a lot of innuendos and stuff that only hardcore Zappa freaks would appreciate, not to mention (after many viewings) stuff that even Zappa freaks get tired of.  FZ movies are esoteric (esp. Uncle Meat) for the most part, but see 200 Motels if you wish to see Ringo Starr playing FZ.
BTW-  Freddie, you watch my Baby Snakes DVD yet?

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
Favorite Movies
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2004, 12:18:59 pm »
fucking nuts man.:awwyeah:watched it last night and it was crazy.i enjoyed it though.i think im gonna watch it again though.terry bozzio is the fucking man.like totally:banghead:i sipped on a beer,a guinness actually,then got all :stoned:but the video was still tremendous.better actually.yo,harley,:thumbsup::peace:,i think i might remember you from jmacs.:doh:im out:yack:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
Favorite Movies
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 05:06:25 am »
Originally posted by JSleeper240
Outside Providence
Clockwork Orange
Monty Python\' s The Meaning of Life
High Fidelity
PCU

Ahhhh, Zappa movies. In my opinion, belong in a different catergorical list. You wouldn\'t put one on and have a little lady over for...   it has a lot of innuendos and stuff that only hardcore Zappa freaks would appreciate, not to mention (after many viewings) stuff that even Zappa freaks get tired of.  FZ movies are esoteric (esp. Uncle Meat) for the most part, but see 200 Motels if you wish to see Ringo Starr playing FZ.
BTW-  Freddie, you watch my Baby Snakes DVD yet?

yea, I\'ve lost many a friend by watching 200 motels with other peolpe present. I wouldnt dare put on uncle meat unless I knew the other person could handle it. that movies pretty rough. Christine is convinced that every single song he wrote is perverted. I\'ve tried showing her that its only about 1/3 that are like that, but  it makes no difference. That 1/3 is so bad that she gave up on fz. a sad day :(

The Arm

Favorite Movies
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 09:35:01 am »
Frank Zappa,

Sorry for the delay in my response. For some reason I could not get on pbfans.com. But I \'m back. That was us at Tammany.  I  remember it well. Its been a while since the show, but if you have any pictures of us, I would like to get those somehow. Let me know.

Nice to hear that Baby Snakes is out on DVD. I love the guy singing about Chickens in Spanish, and Approximate. That is unbelievable.

For whomever. I am looking for a Phish bootleg. 10.23.96 (date not exact) Hartford Civic Center. Bob Gullioti on Drums. It was my favorite Phish show, and I want a good boot of it. Can anyone help me? Peace.

Harley Bob (Da Arm)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Favorite Movies
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2004, 03:06:10 am »
Animation:
Akira
Ghost in the Shell
Fantasia
Snow White

Drama/ Action:
Ghost Dog
Close Encounters
Hero
Moonstruck

Comedys:
Any Kevin Smith
Caddyshack
It\'s A Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Heathers
Just a few movies off the top of my head that I watch a few times a year.
BTW anyone seen Dickie Roberts? Just rented it and damn that movie is funny!! My brother is freakin\' hilarious :)
Lovitz is awesome too " I have to pee every 45 min. but I\'ve got a gold toilet" Classic!!!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 03:08:19 am by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.