Author Topic: The Breakfast Management Details (2009)  (Read 5768 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The Breakfast Management Details (2009)
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:35:47 pm »
figured i\'d throw this together for interested parties...

Breakfast Management: MJG Productions

General Manager: Mark Grundhoefer - 651-699-5068 - mjgpro2@gmail.com

Promo(?): Karly Sue Peeters - karlysue16@gmail.com

Publicity: Will Nissen [Highland Media] - 507-581-1426 - highlandmedia@gmail.com

MJG Productions MySpace page

MJG Productions Facebook group

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 11:37:25 am »
good to see a new company, their old one was bogus
DS Newbers

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 11:39:57 am »
:prank calls:

Mark Grundlehuffer?

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:26:23 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;219466
good to see a new company, their old one was bogus

This is the old one. They have been w/ these guys for awhile and we can see how much they have done.
Based in Minn. I believe and on the last tour The Breakfast stop in Minn. was shit. from what Adrian told me. So if the mgmt. can\'t even get a show in it\'s city promoted decently I can\'t see getting excited about them.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 02:41:41 pm »
Kind of unrelated, but it would be cool if the Breakfast had their music on pandora.com to expose more people to their sound.

mvallo

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 02:58:46 pm »
Sounds like a job for the band\'s management:

Q: How do I submit my music for consideration to be added to the Music Genome? How do I send you my band\'s music?

Thanks for thinking of Pandora!
Here is the Music Genome Project Submissions Process:

1. YOU SEND.

a) A CD with your music on it-- we cannot currently accept downloads or any other format. Each CD submitted by an individual artist MUST have a valid UPC barcode (click here for information about registering a UPC code).

We access album art from Amazon.com (click here for information on getting your music onto Amazon) and this feature, which requires a matching valid UPC code, will ultimately help you get more exposure as a musician. Note that currently this feature only works for CDs sold through Amazon, and not for the Amazon MP3 store.

Please do not send us any material intended for display on the Pandora website, as we do not have an internal database for album art, band pictures, discography, biography, etc.

b) However, for submission and analysis purposes feel free to include a LITTLE bit of biographical information and related stuff about your music if you have it-- just a couple of pages at most. We\'re interested in knowing more about you: press quotes, tour information, similar artists, and so on, to facilitate our analysis process-- note that again this will not be used anywhere on our site. We access biographical information from Allmusic.com and do not host it ourselves (click here for information on submissions to Allmusic.com).

c) Please include your band name and an email address on EVERYTHING you send us. We don\'t want to mix it up or lose it. You get bonus points if the CD you send us is easy to open, i.e. free of plastic wrap and tape.

d) Also, you MUST fill out, sign, and enclose our music submission agreement form:
http://blog.pandora.com/faq/submission_agreement.pdf
This assures us that you are authorized to submit the material you\'re sending.

Send all the above items, a) through d), to:

Pandora
Attn: Music Genome Project Indie Submission
360 22nd Street, Suite 440
Oakland, CA 94612

2. WE LISTEN. We love music, and we understand that many excellent records are out there just waiting to be discovered. We listen to everything that we receive. Period.

3. WE DECIDE. Sadly, we cannot add every CD that we receive to the Music Genome Project. Our Senior Music Analysts (who are all excellent musicians and artists themselves, and also all-around cool people) are responsible for auditioning your submissions for inclusion. To some extent, musicianship matters, and so does aiming your material successfully at your intended audience. But mainly, what matters is artistic focus and excellence. We want to share your music with people who will love it!

Because of the sheer volume of submissions, we are unable to contact artists to let you know whether or not your music has been received, or added to the Music Genome. We know it sounds a bit cold, but we need to let our analysts give each piece of music the attention it deserves, and to do that we need to keep their resources focused on music analysis.
If you are concerned about ensuring that your CD has arrived, we suggest you send your package with a return receipt from USPS (or another carrier offering package tracking) so you know that it arrived safely. Note: We recommend sending your submission via regular, Priority or Ground shipping-- faster shipping methods will not noticeably speed up the submission process.
If your music has been added to the Music Genome, expect to see it available for search on Pandora anywhere between 6 to 10 weeks after it arrives in our office.

SlimPickens

• just the tip
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 04:44:44 pm »
I just got a text message from a .info lurker stating that he has The Breakfast on his pandora, and has heard them on rare occassion.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:45:40 pm by SlimPickens »

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 05:44:50 pm »
Quote from: ulee;219485
Kind of unrelated, but it would be cool if the Breakfast had their music on pandora.com to expose more people to their sound.

Real Radio is on Pandora; the only songs I have heard are Inner glimpse, Sleeping Beauty, and Dimension 5.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

mvallo

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 06:13:27 pm »
Quote from: alexanderzurflu;219505
Quote from: ulee;219485

Real Radio is on Pandora; the only songs I have heard are Inner glimpse, Sleeping Beauty, and Dimension 5.

I re-did my search and found Real Radio. Thanks you.    I am only able to play a few songs from the album. The other  songs from the album were short samples.  This seems to be a good site to sample an albums or band in a specific genre or what "they" think you may like or want to buy.

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 11:45:05 am »
just checked out their myspace, this company and all of its bands are all based out of the north mid west. the breakfast is the only band they represent that isnt........:shrug:
break it down, simplify