Author Topic: Pizza?!  (Read 6992 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Pizza?!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 09:11:53 am »
Originally posted by antbach
They have pizza\'s with some of the wierdest combinations of topping I have ever heard of. Example: spinach and portebello *********.

i can appreciate \'gourmet\' pizza, as long as they\'re not trying to be pizza.. example - colorado brewing company. they do the gourmet pizza thing, and they\'re delicious. i wouldn\'t call them pizza though. it\'s more of a \'flatbread\'. i dunno.. the bbq chicken is fantastic though.. i\'ll surely be stopping in for one before DBB next friday..

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Pizza?!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 09:22:44 am »
I can accept that Dave, but this place is however attempting to be \'pizza\'. It is more of a pizza than a flatbread too, crispy crust and all (only thing that they have going for them). But the sauce is terrible and all of the slices are premade then reheated like a quizno\'s sub. The cafe at my school which just openened a few weeks ago is trying the same slice thing, which is good for a college because no one is gonna order a full pizza from them at $15 a pop, but they\'re \'gourmet\' selection is pretty unappetizing and also premade.  

Another odd thing that I have found about Providence in my year and some here. They don\'t know what a calzone is either! I grew up on calzones with sauce on the side, your topping, mozz, and ricotta. Some places here the sauce is inside the calzone, others its on the side but no place at all puts ricotta in their calzones.
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pizza?!
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 09:25:41 am »
I\'ll agree with that. Christine and myself both love the white pies with Broccoli and Ricotta cheese, but its taste more like a stuffed broccoli bread than a pizza. My main beef with randys is the name. People who dont live in ct and swing through will stop there not knowing anybetter and thinking its the real deal. Its a classic case of playing on the product name, just like when people regester the fat-finger web sites names.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Pizza?!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 09:31:04 am »
Originally posted by antbach

Another odd thing that I have found about Providence in my year and some here. They don\'t know what a calzone is either! I grew up on calzones with sauce on the side, your topping, mozz, and ricotta. Some places here the sauce is inside the calzone, others its on the side but no place at all puts ricotta in their calzones.

whats a calzone? is that like the thing pizza hut just invented last year, the P-zone? Man, I can\'t believe  pizzas been around for over 500 years, and it wasn\'t untill pizza hut came around that someone thought to fold a pizza over and then bake it.

[/sarcasm]

all this talks getting me hungy for lunch! btw, does anyone know the words to ZA if there are any? I\'m yet to hear it...
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Sweet Nectar..from the Boot!
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2004, 09:48:42 am »
Heres a weird one...in Utica before a show, PB asked to order some pie, and the place they got it decided to put the sauce on top of the cheese. Then put the vegestables in the sauce..literally floating ontop. I dont know if they were messin with us or what....it was deffinatley a mess though, and the look on thoes guys face when they popped that box open was classic.
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

antbach

• bron bron bachinski
    • http://www.myspace.com/antbach
Pizza?!
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2004, 09:54:28 am »
Sounds familiar, but not exactly. Place called Sicilia\'s is supposively \'World Famous\' for their Stuffed pizzas. I wouldnt call it a pizza though, but it is pretty good.  Layers go:

crust
topping(s)
cheese
topping(s)
sauce
"Okay everybody, for my next miracle, I\'m going to turn water into funk!"

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
Pizza?!
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2004, 07:27:09 pm »
Well guys I lucked out big time!! My friend Sarah got a job at this pizza place in Stowe, so she\'ll be bringing home free pizza for me every night.  Best part is, its NYC style, which means my ass is a lucky one... I couldn\'t be any happier than I am right now!!!  

BTW, Nothing touches Wooster but I\'ll sell my left nut up here for ANYTHING remotely gratifying and resembling a real, thinned crust pizza!!
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.