Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-01-31 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT  (Read 8122 times)

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
Setlist: 2009-01-31 - Sully\'s; Hartford, CT
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 09:17:25 am »
Sullys was awesome.

But the Northampton show was purely transcendent.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 09:39:02 am »
sweet show. mayfly is always a great show/set opener. eppy 3 is gaining steam as the best episode...until episode 4 debuts anyway. gladys was pretty tight and got a little out there.  good to see sleeping beauty make its return...hope they keep playing it because it definitely needs some work. doughboy was meh. honeybutter and tunage were honeybutter and tunage. i could do without synergy. taboo is always nice, but the jam into it is always the best part, and unfortunately, they didn\'t have time for it. good show. peacefrog was alright...unexpected at least. i\'m pretty sure there was a \'riders on the storm\' tease in there.

final rating: 7/10
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2009, 10:33:04 am »
missed the IHorse so i was definatley ready to get all fixed up at sullys, and the guys provided that fix for sure. sunday wasa little hazy til about 900pm but here i am monday still thinkin about the sets and how they rank in the 6 or 7 times ive seen em at sullys, and i say pretty high up there. best thing about sullys is bein able to watch the band from the side there on the ramp. one thing that i think maybe a little less of is the whole trading licks thing. i like it during tuneage since its part of the song and it can be occasionally fun/cool but sometimes goes on too  long. glad i ate that show up though because not sure when the next one ill be at (hopefully red square)
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 08:25:49 am »
Quote from: zuke583;218506
sweet show. mayfly is always a great show/set opener. eppy 3 is gaining steam as the best episode...until episode 4 debuts anyway. gladys was pretty tight and got a little out there.  good to see sleeping beauty make its return...hope they keep playing it because it definitely needs some work. doughboy was meh. honeybutter and tunage were honeybutter and tunage. i could do without synergy. taboo is always nice, but the jam into it is always the best part, and unfortunately, they didn\'t have time for it. good show. peacefrog was alright...unexpected at least. i\'m pretty sure there was a \'riders on the storm\' tease in there.

final rating: 7/10

*Defintely Riders on the Storm tease... heard it this morning on the way to work as I listened to the show.  The jam into Tunage has a Boogie On Reggae Woman tease feel to it as it builds into the song.  Also, I still think that I heard a weird tease of Get Up, Stand Up in the reggae breakdown that occured in Mayfly... anyone else hear these?
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 10:44:52 am »
This show is awesome. I have to echo the thought that this is the best Breakfast yet.

An argument can definitely be made.

These guys are sounding so good together. Jordan coming back has done so much for the sound. It is coalescing into a beautiful energy each and every show. Wow. Good Stuff.

Love Epi 3!!!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh