Author Topic: of Montreal @ Toad\'s Place - Sunday April 19, 2009  (Read 3392 times)

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
of Montreal @ Toad\'s Place - Sunday April 19, 2009
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 11:51:07 am »
Quote from: NickNels;218654
Quote from: ds673488;218649
so is of montreal\'s live show better than a cirque du soleil show?  should i skip cirque du soleil love in vegas and go see of montreal instead?

I would not want to trip at such a boring show.  Boring shows are not good for tripping, not enough to keep your attention.  If more people tripped at boring shows, like \'Of Montreal\', there would be less people doing L in the world.  I much prefer excitement to boredom and that\'s why I wouldn\'t trip at an Of Montreal show...because it\'s boring.

lol have you even seen them live? boring is the LAST word anyone would choose to describe of montreal.... i guess its pretty clear you\'re not a huge fan of the band, and dont really understand what kevin & crew are trying to achieve. its understandable how it could just skim over the heads of the average plebe .... it goes much deeper than just the music....

but anywho... you all know my point.... btw im totally stoked for biscuits tour breh.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 11:54:13 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;218597
In fact, you may want to stay home.... especially if you aren\'t comfortable seeing dudes in pink unitards and glitter hopping around on stage.... if you\'re going to pawn it off as "gay shit"... well frankly, stay home, it\'ll be better without you.

I must be the complete opposite.  I enjoyed the show that was posted some time back.  But form the pics that were posted, I don\'t think that I\'d like the theatrical part of the live show.  I\'m more of a play the instruments on stage kind of guy.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 11:56:37 am »
the music is really great, dont get me wrong, mostly because i know the albums in and out, note for note (Todaysparkles can understand this ;) ).... but i felt like the theatrics took away from the playing a little bit....

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 10:15:50 pm »
I have 2 extra tickets to this show. If anyone is planning on going but hasn\'t purchased a ticket yet, please hit me up. Face value, obv.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 10:47:41 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;226995
I have 2 extra tickets to this show. If anyone is planning on going but hasn\'t purchased a ticket yet, please hit me up. Face value, obv.

I just noticed your people are gonna be playing down the street from me in July.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2009, 07:21:43 pm »
Now Al, given they\'re no Air supply, but really, who is? That said you should check them out. I\'d be interested to hear what you think.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2009, 12:16:56 pm »
today is the day!!! waw000t!!!

if theres anyone heading to the show that wants to come by my place early to chill, drop me a PM or call me and i\'ll give u directions gonna have plenty of food & drinks and im only a few minutes drive to toads place :)

im also going to attempt to keep a setlist tonight.... we\'ll seeee.....

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2009, 10:25:24 pm »
got home from fenway at 9:30 but was waaaayyy too tired to drive to new haven for this. I\'m sure you\'ll all tell me what a bad decision it was later. :shrug:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2009, 10:52:02 pm »
well, pr, you missed a fucking kick ass show. got to hear a Faberge Falls for Shuggie and rocked out harder than i ever thought possible!!! (goddamn that song is HOT!!!!)

sink the seine> cato as a pun.... also labrinthian pomp>shes a rejector.... fucking awesome. what a great crew we had too we raged the hell outta the crowd @ toads place!!! and got to scream the absolutely beautiful and inspired poetic words of kevin barnes into the ears of the dangerously hip hipsters all around me .... *sigh* what a fantastic evening....

of the 4 shows i\'ve seen this was probably the tightest as far as music goes (ie, the stage antics were slim to none compared to roseland or the ft lauderdale show) cant wait for the recording dave ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 12:10:04 am by princesscaspian »

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 08:55:23 am »
My buddy who is totally obsessed with this band went to this show and said it sucked. But he likes bad music so maybe this really was their best show ever? ;)

Glad you had a good time Princess & whoever else, on a serious note.

Quote from: Yoda;218661
I\'m more of a play the instruments on stage kind of guy.

Thought I\'d take the chance to actually agree with you for once.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:55:36 am by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

davepeck

• Administrator

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 09:06:55 am »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 09:09:28 am »
Did you tape Dave?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 02:28:23 pm »
yep, these links that i\'m posting are all from me.

And I\'ve Seen A Bloody Shadow / Plastis Wafers