Author Topic: Camp Bisco dates just announced  (Read 5941 times)

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
Camp Bisco dates just announced
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 02:27:12 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;234122
you seem like resourceful guys, im sure you could sneak your way in on friday night....

very surprised to hear you\'re just in for 1 day though, seems like an awful lot of driving/money for just a single night. will u guys have access to the camping area?

I\'m feeling resourceful.  If we get up to Camp with tickets in hand by say...11/11:30, i\'m feeling comfortable that we will be able to get in...even if that means going in with no gear and regrouping after the music stops.

Camp Bisco really isn\'t THAT far away...3 hours tops from South Norwalk.  If there were a Friday/Saturday pass maybe I would consider it, but I don\'t really want to take that Thursday off from work and I think Zuke is in the same boat.  I think another factor is 3 days of camping.  For me personally, it is tough to sleep uncomfortably/on the ground for a couple of days and I just don\'t really have the desire to do it.  If we were in an RV it would be a completely different story.  That was the plan for this year that didn\'t work out, but will most certainly go down next year.

I\'ll be happy with 3 sets of the biscuits and some other great acts (Saturday is always the best) and if we can catch Friday latenight...even better.  We can go in with light gear and some booze and be all set...and with someone who has already volunteered to drive ***w/ free gas*** it seems to make a lot more sense.
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 02:50:23 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;234124
Quote from: princesscaspian;234122
you seem like resourceful guys, im sure you could sneak your way in on friday night....

very surprised to hear you\'re just in for 1 day though, seems like an awful lot of driving/money for just a single night. will u guys have access to the camping area?

I\'m feeling resourceful.  If we get up to Camp with tickets in hand by say...11/11:30, i\'m feeling comfortable that we will be able to get in...even if that means going in with no gear and regrouping after the music stops.

Camp Bisco really isn\'t THAT far away...3 hours tops from South Norwalk.  If there were a Friday/Saturday pass maybe I would consider it, but I don\'t really want to take that Thursday off from work and I think Zuke is in the same boat.  I think another factor is 3 days of camping.  For me personally, it is tough to sleep uncomfortably/on the ground for a couple of days and I just don\'t really have the desire to do it.  If we were in an RV it would be a completely different story.  That was the plan for this year that didn\'t work out, but will most certainly go down next year.

I\'ll be happy with 3 sets of the biscuits and some other great acts (Saturday is always the best) and if we can catch Friday latenight...even better.  We can go in with light gear and some booze and be all set...and with someone who has already volunteered to drive ***w/ free gas*** it seems to make a lot more sense.

yeah it\'s not so much about not having the resources to pull it off. it\'s more that (i feel) we kind of reached a tipping point last year where just going up and doing the festival was fun, but it was just doing the same thing we did 5 years earlier. we made a consious decision after camp to do it right next year (this year). we knew that would mean RVing it. then phish came back and another consious decision was made to use our resources (money/time/energy) to focus on phish this summer and come back for one more camp bisco next year and do it up big. also it\'s nice to take a break from doing the same things that have been constants since \'04 (jam on the river, weekend of camp bisco...the disco biscuits in general, for me)

\'cause good things need a little rest...
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 02:55:34 pm »
get a room, fags.

NickNels

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 03:01:02 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;234128
get a room, fags.

HA HA!

"Get a room" was nice, but taking it that extra homophobic mile and adding in the "fags" was a nice touch.  Well done Igzy

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 03:08:51 pm »
I do my best.  I can\'t believe I haven\'t been to a single camp bisco.  i suck at life.  I\'m kinda past the festival scene as a whole though.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 03:13:47 pm »
u should come this year igzy! i see it as more of a camping trip with some good music as a backdrop. i always have so much fun at indian lookout, its so beautiful, and nothing beats being outside for 3 days imho.
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

NickNels

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;234131
u should come this year igzy! i see it as more of a camping trip with some good music as a backdrop. i always have so much fun at indian lookout, its so beautiful, and nothing beats being outside for 3 days imho.

Dillusional ;)

Camping is being out in the middle of nowhere...or at the very least somewhat seculded.  Small group, campfires, hiking, taking in the surroundings.  

Camp Bisco is a clusterfuck of spunions and degenerates...some of which are my good friends :) Don\'t get me wrong, I have LOVED every Camp i\'ve been to, but I am not exactly taking in the beuty.  Maybe it\'s a "can\'t see the forrest for the trees" thing, but the natural surroundings are lost on me.  That being said, there is nothing wrong with 3 days of being outside, booze, friends, and music in a more relaxing atmosphere than any club/venue can offer.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 03:40:02 pm »

i could look at it that way, but i see it more as a 4 day bender where i get 0 sleep and spend 500 dollars at the minimum and spend at least 10 hours wondering if i\'m really alive and if normal people should be allowed to be this way in public.  the music would be a hella cool backdrop though.  hmmm... i\'ll have to see how work goes between now and then.  the disco biscuits have consistently been the best jamband in 2009 though.  thats for damn sure.  how much are saturday tickets?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 03:50:34 pm »
Quote from: NickNels;234132
Camp Bisco is a clusterfuck of spunions and degenerates...some of which are my good friends :)

hahaha, yep :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 05:42:26 pm »

Dillusional ;)

Camping is being out in the middle of nowhere...or at the very least somewhat seculded.  Small group, campfires, hiking, taking in the surroundings.  

Camp Bisco is a clusterfuck of spunions and degenerates...some of which are my good friends :) Don\'t get me wrong, I have LOVED every Camp i\'ve been to, but I am not exactly taking in the beuty.  Maybe it\'s a "can\'t see the forrest for the trees" thing, but the natural surroundings are lost on me.  That being said, there is nothing wrong with 3 days of being outside, booze, friends, and music in a more relaxing atmosphere than any club/venue can offer.

It\'s unfortunate that you can\'t see just how pretty upstate new york is. the wildflowers, the open skies and rolling hills, its simply gorgeous. I think it provides a fantastic atmosphere for a festival.....

I\'ve spent 23 of the 26 years of my life as a dancer.... and to be outside, with my friends, dancing around under the stars to really sick DJ\'s/music, its just awesome. i love dancing with strangers, i love people watching and admiring the talents of others, i love making friends for the night or weekend that are just plain fun to be around. so maybe they are fucked up degenerates or whatever.... doesn\'t make those experiences less fun for anyone....

not to say that there aren\'t shady characters all over camp bisco. but i think its a little hypocritical to call out all the fucked up people at camp bisco, and then spend your summer touring with phish.... you really think the people around you at a phish show are less under the influence of a myriad of substances than at camp bisco? sounds like you\'re the delusional one....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

NickNels

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2009, 01:33:00 pm »
Quote from: princesscaspian;234147

Dillusional ;)

It\'s unfortunate that you can\'t see just how pretty upstate new york is. the wildflowers, the open skies and rolling hills, its simply gorgeous. I think it provides a fantastic atmosphere for a festival.....

I\'ve spent 23 of the 26 years of my life as a dancer.... and to be outside, with my friends, dancing around under the stars to really sick DJ\'s/music, its just awesome. i love dancing with strangers, i love people watching and admiring the talents of others, i love making friends for the night or weekend that are just plain fun to be around. so maybe they are fucked up degenerates or whatever.... doesn\'t make those experiences less fun for anyone....

not to say that there aren\'t shady characters all over camp bisco. but i think its a little hypocritical to call out all the fucked up people at camp bisco, and then spend your summer touring with phish.... you really think the people around you at a phish show are less under the influence of a myriad of substances than at camp bisco? sounds like you\'re the delusional one....

:lol:

I like upstate NY just as much as the next guy and I can recognize natural beauty, even in a sea of concert-goers...SPAC is my favorite outdoor venue and the surrounding area is absolutely gorgeous.  ILCC, while being isolated, spacious, and ideal for the Camp Bisco crowd, is nothing THAT amazing.  It\'s a few open fields surrounded by trees.

As far as the camp crowd and the "scene" in general...i think its pretty obviously i\'m not that bothered by it.  I have met some great people and had some interesting conversations with complete strangers.  I have been able to tell some amazing stories because of what I\'ve seen and who i\'ve interacted at and I wouldn\'t trade it for anything.  Did you read my post?  Degenerates and spunions is most certainly a broad generalization, but from the outside looking in I can probably be put into that catagory.  When you go to a festival like Camp Bisco or are going to see a band like the Disco Biscuits, I think a majority of us "get down" in a similar fashion.  That being said, I think you know the certain element of the Bisco crowd I am talking about and it would be naive to dismiss or deny those people exist.  When you are at a show you do not have to go looking for it, they usually make themselves known, but you know what...it\'s a younger crowd.  When you put booze, drugs, and that kinda music together and let loose for a late night or a weekend it is to be expected.

I think the difference at a Phish show is not the substances that are present, its the age of fans.  I would say there is a HUGE difference between the way late teens/early 20\'s act vs. the mid/late 20\'s or early 30\'s behave.  On the whole it is a much more mellow and mature crowd.  In a phish crowd there is obviously those that more "extreme" than others, but proportionally less than a DB crowd.  Of course there are certain things with phish phans you don\'t see with Biscuits fans that are sketchy too...specifically young children with limited supervision on lot or malnourished dogs or stuff like that.

This is getting long...my point is I like love going to see band like Phish and the Disco Biscuits, and that includes everything that comes with it.  I have been doing it for over 10 years and will probably continue to do so for years to come (although probably on a more limited basis).  I have met so many people from the many shows and afterparties over the years that most of my time is spent with them at shows, so at this point I probably don\'t go out of my way as much to meet as many new people these days.  However, I will still call it like it is...and yes the Disco Biscuits scene contains lots of spunions and degenerates

NickNels

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2009, 10:11:50 am »
3 weeks!

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2009, 10:35:36 am »
i need a fuckin schedule to know how amped i should be for this. i\'d love to see the twisted tent on saturday, but those guys are in the states like 3 times a year these days. the DFA disco tent will be my most anticipated camp event since the bays...and will probably be cancelled.

i hope the breakfast plays this again some day...
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

NickNels

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2009, 01:44:18 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;234307
i need a fuckin schedule to know how amped i should be for this. i\'d love to see the twisted tent on saturday, but those guys are in the states like 3 times a year these days. the DFA disco tent will be my most anticipated camp event since the bays...and will probably be cancelled.

i hope the breakfast plays this again some day...

From PT:

According to the artists\' myspace pages and official websites...

Thursday:

John Brown\'s Body
Biscuits
Asher Roth and Kid Kudi
B.O.B.
88 Keys
Flying Lotus
Telepath
Kill the Noise
Orchard Lounge
OTT
Raja Ram and Posford (Shpongle DJ sets)
Prometheus
^Gotta be the night of the Twisted Tent

Friday:

Chromeo at 4 pm
blvd (in the afternoon)
STS9
Biscuits
K\'Naan
Bonobo
Dr. Dog
Boombox
Nas and Damian Marley
Martyn
Fort Knox Five
Starkey
Younger Brother live on main stage
Pretty Lights at 11 pm
Orchard Lounge
Biodiesel

Saturday:

Biscuits
STS9
Dr. Dog
Orchard Lounge
Brothers Past
Pnuma Trio
AC Slater
Eoto
Bluetech
Indobox
Hopefully this is the night of the DFA tent! Maybe LCD Disco for setbreak?

I tried to do something like this last year based on Myspace pages and websites and ended up a little off.  I think if I got Indobox, Biscuits, Tractorbeam vs. Perfume, LCD Disco Set, and DFA Tent Saturday I would be happy

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2009, 01:59:13 pm »
Huh. Music Sunday?

I think this will be a last minute decision probably a lot based on peer pressure... I can\'t really say that anyone there besides Shpongle and STS9 are much of a draw for me... then again my friends did rent an RV...

hmm hmmm hmmmm
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising